Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Can anyone tell me about KC suburbs?

4n6tox

Poster
Kansas side. Let's say you could make significant (for me) money annually. 200-300k. What's it like? The culture and whatnot. I have young kids. I don't need bars and nightlife.

OO snipes

Poster
Overland Park is nice. If you want a little less city, can easily commute from Topeka or Lawrence. I’d live on the outskirts of Overland Park myself, good mix.

Globalsaxophone

Poster
Founder
OP, Lenexa, Olathe are all pretty much the same when it comes to Johnson County. Leawood gets a little classier. Overall, anywhere in those areas (outside of Leawood) you’re looking at a split a level for 250k+. The area blew up very quickly & very cheaply built. Taxes are cheaper in MO but in the southern area of Kansas City, JoCo is the way to go. The further you get towards the actual ‘city’ the dirtier everything gets. I don’t know where you’re looking to work, but go as far south on the Kansas side as you can & you’ll be happy. If you want some land, Tonganoxie is a good direction to look.

Boom82

Poster
Founder
Spent time in Overland, Merriman and Olathe when I went the locomotive engineer training and I fucking loved it there. Tons of things to do, great food and hot women everywhere. Great area!

4n6tox

Poster
OP, Lenexa, Olathe are all pretty much the same when it comes to Johnson County. Leawood gets a little classier. Overall, anywhere in those areas (outside of Leawood) you’re looking at a split a level for 250k+. The area blew up very quickly & very cheaply built. Taxes are cheaper in MO but in the southern area of Kansas City, JoCo is the way to go. The further you get towards the actual ‘city’ the dirtier everything gets. I don’t know where you’re looking to work, but go as far south on the Kansas side as you can & you’ll be happy. If you want some land, Tonganoxie is a good direction to look.
Lenexa would be work location.

grimm515

Elite
Founder
Live south of town. Spring Hill, Paola, and Louisburg are all nice towns outside of lib JoCo.

Globalsaxophone

Poster
Founder
Lenexa would be work location.
Since you’ve got kids I’d probably stay in Johnson County. Pretty good schools & plenty to do for a family or just you & your spouse. I enjoy South of I-435 personally. No need to go downtown but it’s still only 20-25 mins away if you want it. You’ll enjoy the area.

4n6tox

Poster
Live south of town. Spring Hill, Paola, and Louisburg are all nice towns outside of lib JoCo.

Good info there. I currently live in the Research Triangle/Raleigh area of NC. Jesus, the transplant libs make it insufferable.

Top Bottom