Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Broke my phone. What should I get?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
fuck CrApple, I love my pixel 4XL runs fast, none of the Samsung overlay so it runs so much smoother and no preloaded apps you cannot uninstall. Will be upgrading to Pixel 6 XL in the fall.

FayuGes!

Poster
Think about who you want to give your data to.

The options aren't great - but out of Google, Apple and Samsung, Google seems to be the most aggressive in using your data for political reasons.

I say this as someone who is on his second Pixel. Not sure who I'll go with when it's time to replace.

MarineMountie

Poster
Founder
get the newest model of the one you had before. Switching platforms always ends up being a PITA

Watching a bunch of comparisons, the screen on the S21 is much better than the iphone 12. There is also more of it due to no ugly ass notch at the top. The camera definitely wins on the S21.

So I've excluded the iphone. The tech just isn't there. I have included the Pixel 5 into consideration though.

MittRomneysDrawers

Poster
Founder
Isn't the S20 actually more high tech in many ways to the S21? I thought Samsung set out to have a cheaper price point. I've thought about upgrading anyway just to get on a lower lease payment, but what are you guys hearing?

I came away with this after digging
if own s10 or lower --> upgrade
If own s20 --> wait

Yep00

Poster
As an android guy, I just got an iPhone 11 for work so now I have an s10 and the 11... there is a lot of every day functionality that is missed on the iPhone. It's a smooth running phone but really misses out on intuitive actions.

Lol my 13 year old daughter mentioned that Apple now does widgets on the home screen (school issued iPad), she thought it was funny as that has been around for a while on her Samsung s9.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Could you imagine being such a huge faggit, that you get emotionally invested in what phone OTHER people pick, because you feel like it validates/invalidates your choice in your own phone?
He/she asked. We answered.

Can you imagine being such a colossal cum dumpster that you come into a recommendations thread to trash the recommendations?

AJOverstreet

Poster
Had no clue people put phone owners in separate categories until my son told me. I laugh when I think how stupid he'll see that when he's my age.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
Think about who you want to give your data to.

The options aren't great - but out of Google, Apple and Samsung, Google seems to be the most aggressive in using your data for political reasons.

I say this as someone who is on his second Pixel. Not sure who I'll go with when it's time to replace.
When my Note finally takes a dirt nap, I'm strongly considering a basic, non-smart phone and keeping a cellular enabled tablet available for when I need it (road trips, e.t.c). When I don't, it'll be locked away in a closet.

TJHall1

Legendary
When my Note finally takes a dirt nap, I'm strongly considering a basic, non-smart phone and keeping a cellular enabled tablet available for when I need it (road trips, e.t.c). When I don't, it'll be locked away in a closet.
I want to do this too. Going back to a simple ass flip phone with a Samsung tablet for other stuff.

OnePercent

Poster
Founder
I have the Note 20 Ultra and love it. Camera is absolutely amazing. Have first hand compared it to my wife's 12Pro Max and Note is better.
I've been with Galaxy since 2011. The new iphone looks good. S21 looks good. Tough choice.
Was taking a random picture to test out the camera when I first got it and almost caught a titty20200904_181440.jpg
Screenshot_20210211-141146_Gallery.jpg

Top Bottom