Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bringing a case before the SCOTUS

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
You can’t just take a case to the Supreme Court as I understand it.

It goes to a regular court, and if you lose it goes to an appeals court and if you lose again it goes to the supreme ct.

Or something like that

I don’t think you just take a case to the scotus. Not a lawyer though so maybe someone else can answer

MasturGator

Poster
Founder
Op the rest of these posters are idiots. Just walk into your local county courthouse and fill out an application form to be heard by the Supreme Court. Briefly state your reasoning and prepare to head to Washington within a week or two. I do it all the time.
Fvcking bravo. Lol. What a question OP. I’ll give you a few terms to google just to help. Try a search on standing and then SCOTUS jurisdiction. @IMAREBL cuzrivalsucks

You can’t just take a case to the Supreme Court as I understand it.

It goes to a regular court, and if you lose it goes to an appeals court and if you lose again it goes to the supreme ct.

Or something like that

I don’t think you just take a case to the scotus. Not a lawyer though so maybe someone else can answer
Yeah I knew it took several failures so to speak.
So at the end of the day you have to be very wealthy to be heard from the SC?

You would have to file a case in district court. Then appeal it to the circuit court. Then the Supreme Court would have to chose to take up your appeal.

Woodnole

Poster
Founder
Op the rest of these posters are idiots. Just walk into your local county courthouse and fill out an application form to be heard by the Supreme Court. Briefly state your reasoning and prepare to head to Washington within a week or two. I do it all the time.
I spit my bourbon out and now I’m laughing so hard I’m starting to cramp.

CircleSH

Poster
The Supreme Court only has original jurisdiction over matters between the states. Everything else is the ultimate outcome of the appeals process. Most of those appeals deal with Constitutional issues.

Yes, to made your way thru the process and to ultimately end up at the SC is going to take lots of $$$$ and usually lots of time (years).

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
You forgot to mention to OP to also bring a AK or some type of visible firearm

Prayer has no place in public school, fwiw. We have no established religion in this great Republic. Nothing wrong with teaching morals though.
Aw man I disagree. I think the lack of religion in schools as well as single parent families are the two greatest issues that are leading to the degradation of our country.

Disagree all you like but I am correct. Religion is for the home, morals and ethics are for the whole.
No that’s your opinion. Religion is for everyone. You’re certainly welcome to reject it but religion is without question “for” everyone. I’d also argue that morals and ethics are a result of religion

Top Bottom