Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brain deprogramming. And other insightful book recommendations

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I found a book a few years ago called Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson. It is incredibly insightful. I wouldn't say I agree completely with his "model" for the brain, but he definitely shines a flashlight on how we can convince ourselves to believe anything. I try and stay on what he called the metaprogramming circuit - its the most fun

Another book that has been incredible powerful to me is the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. That dude just flat out gets it. A true sage of spirituality

AgEngDawg

Legendary
OP, I have been listening to the following audible books on my commute. I hope this helps.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
OP, I have been listening to the following audible books on my commute. I hope this helps.

Thanks man! These look right about my speed

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Sapiens is an awesome look into the history of our species. Really cool how he spells everything out and asks a lot of cool questions about who was banging who back then and how environmental challenges changes different species including ours.
The follow Homo Deus is also a great and interesting read about the transition to what ever will come next after us. Mostly dives into AI and genetic humans and how we are just giving up our species freely. Scary thought.

fliptide

Elite
Founder
Grace Is Greater: God's Plan to Overcome Your Past, Redeem Your Pain, and Rewrite Your Story
By: Kyle Idleman

Book helped me tremendously when dealing with forgiving myself. Made me realize in doing so that I was denying God's grace. Still struggle sometimes but it has changed my outlook for the better!

RHT 3

Elite

Holy shit someone found the Antiracist Baby book !!!! I saw this in B&N months ago and could not believe it !!!!

I sing a song called " Antiracist Baby " every time I go in the bookstore now...

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Grace Is Greater: God's Plan to Overcome Your Past, Redeem Your Pain, and Rewrite Your Story
By: Kyle Idleman

Book helped me tremendously when dealing with forgiving myself. Made me realize in doing so that I was denying God's grace. Still struggle sometimes but it has changed my outlook for the better!
Grace is the most amazing thing. Confirms Jesus in itself

Pineapple

Legendary
515P9EEHA5L.jpg

Science and God are not separate.

AgEngDawg

Legendary

By the way, people bought me a copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" when I graduated high school to help me be successful.

I bet there are losers who give this propaganda to high school students graduating now.

Top Bottom