Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOB and The Pacific on the History Channel now.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I guess I am the only one who liked the Pacific better??

Also, how about that amphibious landing craft the marines had on Pelileu??? That thing would drive right up on the beach and had two machine guns up front.

That was so much better than what we had at Normandy.

Why did the army not request those?

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
I'm a big BoB fan. I really enjoy Pacific as well but they didn't develop the entire cast the way they did in BoB IMO.

I was also trying to think of anything close to either of these. It finally dawned on me,,,

Alex Haley's, Roots was well ahead of it's time and the series did a great job of story telling. I was probably 10-12 at the time and remembering how much I loved the characters, but hated the story(Obvious).

Dr. Zaius

Poster
Founder
I watched some middle episodes from Sledgehammer storyline last night. I like the action. Too much feelings in the Pacific

preshlock

Poster

Also, how about that amphibious landing craft the marines had on Pelileu??? That thing would drive right up on the beach and had two machine guns up front.

I would think it was a combination of numbers with the landings in Europe being much larger there would not have been enough. Also with so many more landing points in Europe there was a pretty high probability of landing at an undefended beach. For all the amphibious assaults conducted by the Allies in Europe only one beach was heavily defended. With the islands in the Pacific being so much smaller the beaches were practically sure to be defended.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
I would think it was a combination of numbers with the landings in Europe being much larger there would not have been enough. Also with so many more landing points in Europe there was a pretty high probability of landing at an undefended beach. For all the amphibious assaults conducted by the Allies in Europe only one beach was heavily defended. With the islands in the Pacific being so much smaller the beaches were practically sure to be defended.

You are probably correct. However, that marine amphibious vehicle was just badass. Loved it.

Jtrain80

Legendary

I saw a couple in ep 7 or 8. Used for transport. The more I thought about, I realized that they weren't dealing w water as much as they were in the Pacific theater.

Top Bottom