Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blockchain and censorship

Crich73

Poster
I started a thread on the LAC board about blockchain and voting.

Was reading up on Ethereum and one of the things that was mentioned was how blockchain can render big tech obsolete. Wanted to start a discussion on this and see what others opinions are about this.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
No. I don't want some sorta big government approach to voting.

People need to sack up and get their state legs to implement paper ballots, with full audits post election and prior to certification (including the removal all ballots cast by the dead, out of state, ect). Increase the poll watchers, video the whole process, and never allow the counting to stop for any reason short of a nuke.

If 1980 had sacked up as opposed to getting cute with their fancy machines we wouldn't be in this mess.

Tech is the problem. More tech isn't going to fix the problem and it's definitely not going to make anyone more confident in the voting process.

Crich73

Poster
No. I don't want some sorta big government approach to voting.

People need to sack up and get their state legs to implement paper ballots, with full audits post election and prior to certification (including the removal all ballots cast by the dead, out of state, ect). Increase the poll watchers, video the whole process, and never allow the counting to stop for any reason short of a nuke.

If 1980 had sacked up as opposed to getting cute with their fancy machines we wouldn't be in this mess.

Tech is the problem. More tech isn't going to fix the problem and it's definitely not going to make anyone more confident in the voting process.

Seems like blockchain is a viable solution. The key is decentralization. Not even the government can cheat at circumventing the protocols of blockchain.

Paper.ballots are no longer the answer, the world/america is to small now. Blockchain isn't conventional technology and I can guarantee that big tech is afraid, right now they are afraid.

America 1st

Founder
Seems like blockchain is a viable solution. The key is decentralization. Not even the government can cheat at circumventing the protocols of blockchain.

Paper.ballots are no longer the answer, the world/america is to small now. Blockchain isn't conventional technology and I can guarantee that big tech is afraid, right now they are afraid.
Sure. Raff and company said the same thing about dominion.

I know it's completely different tech but if most people don't understand it and you can't explain it to them then it's doing the opposite of what you intend it to do.

People need confidence in the system. Not just something you can dream up that supposedly works really well.

Big tech is afraid of monopoly busting not block chain voting the doesn't exist. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Crich73

Poster
Blockchain isnt hard to understand. Bitcoin is a different story simply due to the fact that people call it money.

Maybe I'm too stupid, but the idea of decentralization by using many (thousands or tens of thousands) random computers around the world to provide a safe, secure and verifiable means of guaranteeing any number of different aspects of life including both private and public sector business isnt far fetched. I would guess that most people can get that, and especially now with all the censoring that going on in big tech most conservatives will have a more open mind when learning about this new tech. The shit that's happened since election night has sped up this adoption much, much faster then how it would have normally happened.

Last edited:

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
A big key to some of the crypto tech is: public ledgers and decentralization.

So imagine if our voting system was meshed with some of this tech.

Metadata (not the votes themselves) on each ballot processed could be available publicly.

Decentralization is another key. If you try and edit a transaction on a decentralized platform, it would only be reflected on the node it was changed. Every other node would provide evidence that data was manipulated.

No doubt in my mind that some of these techniques could have been implemented in our election system already. We have the technology. Sometimes I wonder why they haven’t, but then when I think about it a little its pretty obvious...

Not all tech is bad.

America 1st

Founder
Blockchain isnt hard to understand. Bitcoin is a different story simply due to the fact that people call it money.

Maybe I'm too stupid, but the idea of decentralization by using many (thousands or tens of thousands) random computers around the world to provide a safe, secure and verifiable means of guaranteeing any number of different aspects of life including both private and public sector business isnt far fetched. I would guess that most people can get that, and especially now with all the censoring that going on in big tech most conservatives will have a more open mind when learning about this new tech. The shit that's happened since election night has sped up this adoption much, much faster then how it would have normally happened.
I don't think anyone looking for solutions is stupid but if we can't explain it in plain language, while showing them what you're talking about on film in real time, then it's simply not going to work in the fashion we need right now.

Plus the blockchain stuff makes it easier for lazy fucks who never participate to vote and go back to being sheep.

The Founders had it right by making it property owners who could show up and verify that on a single election day. I know we aren't ever going backwards but don't give them an inch cuz they'll take a mile and tax you for the pleasure of the opportunity.

Last edited:

America 1st

Founder
A big key to some of the crypto tech is: public ledgers and decentralization.

So imagine if our voting system was meshed with some of this tech.

Metadata (not the votes themselves) on each ballot processed could be available publicly.

Decentralization is another key. If you try and edit a transaction on a decentralized platform, it would only be reflected on the node it was changed. Every other node would provide evidence that data was manipulated.

No doubt in my mind that some of these techniques could have been implemented in our election system already. We have the technology. Sometimes I wonder why they haven’t, but then when I think about it a little its pretty obvious...

Not all tech is bad.
Agreed.

But we aren't fighting tech or a lack of ability. We a re fighting a lack of public confidence.

What you're describing isn't going to make me feel any better and I've been looking into the blockchain for months and the crypto to for years. JMO of course.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I think a good way for people to better understand crypto a bit is to just take like $20 and buy some on Coinbase and then take the time converting it to other crypto assets, move it to a digital wallet like exodus, move it to another platform like Kraken and then cash it out.

However, I’m not an advocate of crypto investing. I just like the technology.

Last edited:

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Interesting how Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP Morgan I believe and one of the most recognized names in banking, said two days ago that blockchain should “scare the shit out of the big banks.”

He has come a long way since he claimed bitcoin was a fraud.

One thought I have is say that voting, or anything, is used for block chain. It then becomes that more valuable to hack the chain. I have read that quantum computing could one day render the block chain useless as it would be able to hack it. Not sure how far off that is, but the bigger the target, the faster it will be figured out

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Agreed.

But we aren't fighting tech or a lack of ability. We a re fighting a lack of public confidence.

What you're describing isn't going to make me feel any better and I've been looking into the blockchain for months and the crypto to for years. JMO of course.
So basically what you’re saying is that if Congress got a Bill together (from either side) to implement election security measures and then had the NSA work with one of the think tank universities and contractors to implement these controls,

You would think: whoopty fuckin do. I don’t trust anything those self absorbed fuckers do.

America 1st

Founder
So basically what you’re saying is that if Congress got a Bill together (from either side) to implement election security measures and then had the NSA work with one of the think tank universities and contractors to implement these controls,

You would think: whoopty fuckin do. I don’t trust anything those self absorbed fuckers do.
Congress and universities DEFINITELY not. Private contractors shouldn't be involved in / on any level either (no different than dominion).

NSA I'll remain indifferent but I don't like the idea of the military playing a role in elections (sounds like banana republic stuff).

Again it's a lack of confidence in society and public institutions that you're battling on top of actually reforming the process.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Congress and universities DEFINITELY not. Private contractors shouldn't be involved in / on any level either (no different than dominion).

NSA I'll remain indifferent but I don't like the idea of the military playing a role in elections (sounds like bana republic stuff).

Again it's a lack of confidence in society and public institutions that you're battling on top of actually reforming the process.
Yeah I agree with you completely. I consider myself extremely open minded and I have no trust in anything that comes out of our government.

Love my country, hate the stage we are in now.

America 1st

Founder
Interesting how Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP Morgan I believe and one of the most recognized names in banking, said two days ago that blockchain should “scare the shit out of the big banks.”

One thought I have is say that voting, or anything, is used for block chain. It then becomes that more valuable to hack the chain. I have read that quantum computing could one day render the block chain useless as it would be able to hack it. Not sure how far off that is, but the bigger the target, the faster it will be figured out
These people have let crypto flourish. That tells me all I need to know about their true intentions on the subject.

If it were so dangerous he wouldn't be saying it on the record and they certainly wouldn't have let it propagate.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
These people have let crypto flourish. That tells me all I need to know about their true intentions on the subject.

If it were so dangerous he wouldn't be saying it on the record and they certainly wouldn't have let it propagate.
Correct. Banks are saying this to appease the government. Right now crypto is their only way to survive as they’re getting squeezed. Once the government can control monetary policies without banks via govt controlled crypto, the banks are screwed.

ThriceHawk

Poster
Founder

There are already quantum resistant algorithms/crypto projects out there. If crypto advances to the point of implementing quantum resistant algorithms on the blockchain in use, then the eventual advancement of quantum computing isn't as much of a threat. I think that is low on the list of concerns right now.

Dtcliffo

Poster
Founder

NSA I'll remain indifferent but I don't like the idea of the military playing a role in elections (sounds like banana republic stuff).

Soooo.....not private industry (contractors), not Universities, and not the gov’t?
Um, who’s left to build it?

America 1st

Founder
Soooo.....not private industry (contractors), not Universities, and not the gov’t?
Um, who’s left to build it?

Build what?

State legs should control the whole process just like the Founders intended.

The Founders were the smartest people who ever lived.

Crich73

Poster
The way Democrats are currently behaving would make Benedict Arnold blush.

The states should do what's best for the Republic, that means using the safest, secure and most accurate means available. Can't use a Xerox and make a shitload of duplicate ballots on blockchain. No mainframe in Zurich to tabulate the data either.

America 1st

Founder
The way Democrats are currently behaving would make Benedict Arnold blush.

The states should do what's best for the Republic, that means using the safest, secure and most accurate means available. Can't use a Xerox and make a shitload of duplicate ballots on blockchain. No mainframe in Zurich to tabulate the data either.
That or let's not hand every sheep an easy means to vote and instead expect that states will manually verify every ballot after being cast.

I'd rather the count take a month (we have plenty of time) then need to worry about all that bullshit.

Crich73

Poster
I know this thread got veered to elections, but it was intended for big tech. Seems like from the little I gotten from learning about blockchain that third parties like Google, Twitter and any news organization (CNN, MSNBC, Fox) won't control the narrative for much longer.

Cuckerberg and that fuckface from Twitter can go to hell.

peteranderson

Poster
No. I don't need some somewhat huge government way to deal with casting a ballot.

Individuals need to sack up and get their state legs to carry out paper voting forms, with full reviews present political race and earlier on certificate (counting the evacuation all polling forms cast by the dead, out of state, ect). Increment the survey watchers, video the entire interaction, and never permit the building up to stop under any condition shy of a nuke.

In the event that 1980 had sacked up rather than getting adorable with their extravagant machines we wouldn't be in this wreck.

The issue lies with tech. More tech won't fix the issue and it's most certainly not going to make anybody more positive about the democratic interaction. Need To Know More About Blockchain Visit This Site Blockchain Development Company

Last edited:

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
No. I don't need some somewhat huge government way to deal with casting a ballot.

Individuals need to sack up and get their state legs to carry out paper voting forms, with full reviews present political race and earlier on certificate (counting the evacuation all polling forms cast by the dead, out of state, ect). Increment the survey watchers, video the entire interaction, and never permit the building up to stop under any condition shy of a nuke.

In the event that 1980 had sacked up rather than getting adorable with their extravagant machines we wouldn't be in this wreck.

The issue lies with tech. More tech won't fix the issue and it's most certainly not going to make anybody more positive about the democratic interaction. Need To Know More About Blockchain Visit Our Site Blockchain Development Company
Ok Peter Anderson you have convinced me and I’m ready to invest in your company. Tell me how

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Ok Peter Anderson you have convinced me and I’m ready to invest in your company. Tell me how
#MeToo…..maybe we should pool our money and do a hostile takeover of his company.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
You’re probably of similar wealth to that ultra-MAGA extremist on Twitter who thinks he is wealthy because he drives a 2011 Ford Taurus and owns a water bed Faggit troll name @Rube Reaper
FIFY….Also, He will kick yore racist ass……at the wackovia obvious Lee.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Hi,
Can you please define in which field you want to invest either in crypto coins or defi? After checking the website(https://hashlogics.com/), you can explore different services offered by us. Then, if you have questions, let me know. We'll reply to you as soon as possible.
I run a company that builds clock radios. We would like to create a decentralized network of our clock radios to do a proof of concept for an "internet of things" that is secure for our customers. How can you help?

Top Bottom