Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BLM and Woke-ism in a nut shell

BigBucnNole

Elite

Manhattan Beach used eminent domain in 1924 to force Willa and Charles Bruce, the city’s first Black landowners, off the land where they lived, KABC-TV reported on Friday.

County supervisor Janice Hahn said she was exploring options to restore justice for the family, including giving the land back, paying for what they lost or leasing the property from them so the lifeguard building can remain at the location.

Manhattan Beach city task force is recommending that the city council considers issuing an apology and creating a commemorative plaque to acknowledge the Bruce family.

:ROFLMAO: Here's a plaque. They'll bitch and moan about racism, but god forbid anyone touch their money.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder

Manhattan Beach used eminent domain in 1924 to force Willa and Charles Bruce, the city’s first Black landowners, off the land where they lived, KABC-TV reported on Friday.

County supervisor Janice Hahn said she was exploring options to restore justice for the family, including giving the land back, paying for what they lost or leasing the property from them so the lifeguard building can remain at the location.

Manhattan Beach city task force is recommending that the city council considers issuing an apology and creating a commemorative plaque to acknowledge the Bruce family.

:ROFLMAO: Here's a plaque. They'll bitch and moan about racism, but god forbid anyone touch their money.
Interestingly (not really) I just watched "Motherless Brooklyn" yesterday. I had never seen it. Good movie (Ed Norton is a notorious asshole, but a great actor).

I learned something I never knew anything about.

Kinda/sorta tangentially related to your thread.

Woke people don’t actually want to help African Americans, they want to appease their own lust for power first
And get attention from other "woke" people.

It's a massive circle jerk of virtue signaling where the first prize goes to the person most repentant for being born white. The goal is not to help others, or else they would be out helping. The goal is to post a cute selfie to Instagram with a caption stating how they stand in solidarity with the _______ community. These types also tend to support programs that will ensure the underprivileged remain so, and shun any ideology that states a person not born into money/power/influence could ever gain any of that for themselves by hard work. They support the idea that the state should feed and clothe these poor souls, which on the surface may seem moral and kind, but they refuse to see the ugly truth that doing so keeps the underprivileged suckling on the teat of the gov't instead of working to rise out of the very circumstances that perpetuate the cycle of poverty/dependence.

All the while these supposed white saviors get a great warm fuzzy feeling at how "moral" they are and denounce anybody who tries to argue with their ideology as racists/bigots/(insert term that suits their narrative here).

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
And get attention from other "woke" people.

It's a massive circle jerk of virtue signaling where the first prize goes to the person most repentant for being born white. The goal is not to help others, or else they would be out helping. The goal is to post a cute selfie to Instagram with a caption stating how they stand in solidarity with the _______ community. These types also tend to support programs that will ensure the underprivileged remain so, and shun any ideology that states a person not born into money/power/influence could ever gain any of that for themselves by hard work. They support the idea that the state should feed and clothe these poor souls, which on the surface may seem moral and kind, but they refuse to see the ugly truth that doing so keeps the underprivileged suckling on the teat of the gov't instead of working to rise out of the very circumstances that perpetuate the cycle of poverty/dependence.

All the while these supposed white saviors get a great warm fuzzy feeling at how "moral" they are and denounce anybody who tries to argue with their ideology as racists/bigots/(insert term that suits their narrative here).
It's not just whites.

SOTrojan

Poster

When the city exercises eminent domain, which it apparently did in this case to build a park, it is required by the constitution to pay the landowners the fair market value of the property. Unless that didn’t happen, I don’t see any point to this. White people lost and will lose land to eminent domain as well. I don’t see anything in the article saying the use of eminent domain in this case was somehow wrongful or used on a racist basis.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
When the city exercises eminent domain, which it apparently did in this case to build a park, it is required by the constitution to pay the landowners the fair market value of the property. Unless that didn’t happen, I don’t see any point to this. White people lost and will lose land to eminent domain as well. I don’t see anything in the article saying the use of eminent domain in this case was somehow wrongful or used on a racist basis.
It doesn't need to make sense.

Just pick a person with pigment and create a narrative.

Nevermind there are thousands of kids in that state that literally can't read anything posted on the subject because they're illiterate.

There are thousands more who are starving and only get one meal a day if they are lucky (used to be their school lunch).

Guess those kids should go build solar panels or some shit cuz sand and lifeguard stations outrank them 🤷‍♂️

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
This movement has given me an idea for the premise of a sci fi story - humanity is nearing an advancement singularity, and to stunt human progress the aliens watching over us instigate these initiatives. They know it will set back science by decades or more, so they can rest easy for awhile.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
This movement has given me an idea for the premise of a sci fi story - humanity is nearing an advancement singularity, and to stunt human progress the aliens watching over us instigate these initiatives. They know it will set back science by decades or more, so they can rest easy for awhile.

Substitute China for aliens, and American for human, and you have left sci-fi and entered non-fiction.

Top Bottom