Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bladerunner 2049 and Altered Carbon

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
Are they representative of our future? Don't get lost in the minutiae of each story...the underlying dystopia.

Recently saw a discussion where this oft used phrase was repeated.

Money = Control

For our elections, I generally think there's a high correlation in that equation.

It occured to me with the advent of enormous Tech corps that are gushers for $$$ and that control what we see and read, that there's another emphasis for that equation, and it's always been right in front of our face:

Control = Money

The Dems, Tech, and Media have perfected an unholy alliance to keep people clicking, keep people within a state of confirmation bias, keep people agitated and frothy, so that money keeps rolling in, money donated to and algorithms designed for those elected officials that will keep the cycle going.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
The Left preaches a religion and increasingly squashes due diligence or reasoned inquiry, the essence of the Scientific Method.

You are simply to accept and obey.

Media has built its profit model atop those channels of behavior. There is no money to be made in inquiry or being legitimately "Fair and Balanced," because people don't want to think. They prefer their dumbed down state of existence free of distractions. Tell them what to be angry about, so that they can avoid the thinking.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
The Left preaches a religion and increasingly squashes due diligence or reasoned inquiry, the essence of the Scientific Method.

You are simply to accept and obey.

Media has built its profit model atop those channels of behavior. There is no money to be made in inquiry or being legitimately "Fair and Balanced," because people don't want to think. They prefer their dumbed down state of existence free of distractions. Tell them what to be angry about, so that they can avoid the thinking.
I think we'd be lucky if things end up like altered carbon.

I expect things to get much much worse than that.

Top Bottom