Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black people built America?

BigBucnNole

Elite
I saw this clip on Maher with whoever this Charlemagne guy is...

Anyway he says blacks built America so they deserve a check. This is some of the stupidest shit I’ve ever heard.

Taking it at face value, the economics is retarded. Blacks grew and harvested cash crops. Crops are commodities and commodities always compete to zero. You don’t get any upward movement in price that you see with manufactured products through innovation and differentiation on the world market. The only incentive is to grow more and sell more, sending the price further down. At first with cash crops it’s easy money, but quickly creates a downward spiral that economies can’t get out of because it takes more and more production and money to maintain the same standard of living.

It’s why slavery has to exist in an agrarian based economy in the first place, and why slavery can’t exist in a modern industrialized one. There is a diminishing marginal return on raw labor, there is a diminishing marginal return on commodities; the two of those things mean the more people you have the less output per person you have, the more output you make the less money per unit. Money and output are synonymous, which means everyone makes less and less money until they are effectively working for free. At that point to actually keep a functioning economy moving forward you create a framework like slavery to force people in place and producing. Otherwise you face social collapse and everyone starves. I'm not saying slavery was some sort of "we're all in this together." Clearly someone was getting paid well, however if your economic framework is built off of commodities, especially agriculture, that's the only way to do it.

The industrial revolution created the concept of skilled labor where there was an incentive to work because only a handful of people had the required skillset for any number of jobs and capital changes the marginal return dynamic on output from decreasing without capital to increasing with capital. Since the North didn't have great soil and their growing seasons were short, they naturally took to industrialization. In the south that wasn't the case and the economic system provided incentive against industrializing, which put them in a terrible place when the war began.

So, by that, slavery couldn't have built this country. If slavery didn't exist the south would've industrialized quicker and we wouldn't have had two separate economies/ societies developing in this country to provide the roots for war. It was a huge negative. It was also a real problem that Southern state governments were aware of. They knew before the war they had to industrialize. In the 1860's though, industrialization was just beginning in the north and it would take time for a transfer of credit and money from the northern states to the south to break the commodity hold that the southern economies faced. Effectively the South couldn't risk their own money since they were too busy growing shit, and the North just didn't have the cash to spare to lend.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
That whole segment is embarrassing on so many levels. Maher looks cucked beyond belief and you can tell he’s not saying what he really thinks.

Any current or recent clips I see of Jimmy Fallon, I think the same thing about him. Would be great if he or someone like him snapped and started a movement back to sanity.

BigBucnNole

Elite
That whole segment is embarrassing on so many levels. Maher looks cucked beyond belief and you can tell he’s not saying what he really thinks.

He kind of alludes to it when saying it’s a class issue. And he’s a hundred percent correct. A lot of folks have been fvcked by saying the problem is race in this country and glossing over millions of poor whites, Hispanics, Asians, etc and pretending their problems don’t exist.

and maybe that is by design. The fed and treasury is using wealthy people/ hedge funds as a way to suck up excess cash through the stock market and keep inflation stable. The ramifications will be felt for centuries and will be a basis when the country takes a serious turn south.

Last edited:

BigBucnNole

Elite
Have to think almost everyone in Maher’s situation is just thinking “What can I say that won’t get me canceled?”.

Its McCarthism on the left that’s been hyper charged by social media, specifically Twitter. Journalists are entry based jobs that consist of editing the articles that algorithms put together.

Let’s pretend you said black families are broken. You’ll get a handful of nut jobs and fringe that deny it. But then you have the bots, they’ll search posts and tweets that mention key phrasings and themes and generate comments, their own tweets, and retweets. Other bots pick it up and create this imaginary frenzy.

Then steps in the media, who use ai to write their own articles and the “journalists” are just there to make sure the articles sound roughly coherent. Kind of like a pilot and auto pilot. Their algorithms pick up posts by the social media algorithms and bots. Then the cycle picks up again by quoting the “article” that was just written about the fake frenzy.

Meanwhile you get a huge portion of the population drawn to the fact that they think they are in the minority and can’t believe so many people think a certain way. And corporations want to take the path of least resistance, and “cancel.”

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Its McCarthism on the left that’s been hyper charged by social media, specifically Twitter. Journalists are entry based jobs that consist of editing the articles that algorithms put together.

Let’s pretend you said black families are broken. You’ll get a handful of nut jobs and fringe that deny it. But then you have the bots, they’ll search posts and tweets that mention key phrasings and themes and generate comments, their own tweets, and retweets. Other bots pick it up and create this imaginary frenzy.

Then steps in the media, who use ai to write their own articles and the “journalists” are just there to make sure the articles sound roughly coherent. Kind of like a pilot and auto pilot. Their algorithms pick up posts by the social media algorithms and bots. Then the cycle picks up again by quoting the “article” that was just written about the fake frenzy.

Meanwhile you get a huge portion of the population drawn to the fact that they think they are in the minority and can’t believe so many people think a certain way. And corporations want to take the path of least resistance, and “cancel.”
Yep, you are nailing it here. Psychology + technology has created something truly nasty

Cazvol

Poster
Founder
Watch the series "The Men That Built America" if you really want to see who's responsible for ushering us into the industrial age and set us on our path to being the greatest nation on earth. Like them or not, but Rockefeller, Carnegie, Morgan and that crowd were the true movers and shakers.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Watch the series "The Men That Built America" if you really want to see who's responsible for ushering us into the industrial age and set us on our path to being the greatest nation on earth. Like them or not, but Rockefeller, Carnegie, Morgan and that crowd were the true movers and shakers.
Wonder why we don't see the super rich giving away 20-50% of their net wealth like those folks did?

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
They’re called Robber Barons now after the left tried to re write that portion of history, keep up

Black people didn’t build this country, but the enabling of black people to do anything morally because of racism is a good example of what will destroy it. That’s why no one cared when the media clutched their pearls about the capital raid. You can’t condone rioting based on race and then claim any position of moral authority. Essentially racism the sword the media are killing themselves with

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Blacks were largely prevented from any form of education and did very basic labor almost exclusively. They didn't cut stone, lay stone, build buildings, lay train tracks, work in mills, build mills... History education in this country has become an absolute joke. 95% of black people pre 1880 worked on farms or did hard labor task.

One of the worst things about slavery is that they treated blacks like livestock and didn't allow them to even attempt task deemed to be above them. Saying blacks built America is ignoring some of the worst aspects of slavery.

America 1st

Founder
Blacks were largely prevented from any form of education and did very basic labor almost exclusively. They didn't cut stone, lay stone, build buildings, lay train tracks, work in mills, build mills... History education in this country has become an absolute joke. 95% of black people pre 1880 worked on farms or did hard labor task.

One of the worst things about slavery is that they treated blacks like livestock and didn't allow them to even attempt task deemed to be above them. Saying blacks built America is ignoring some of the worst aspects of slavery.
I like when they try to explain how enslaved black americans were "worth more than all the factories, railroads, and banks combined".

You'd think if they were "worth" so much a foreign nation would have credited them aid in some form or fashion...

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Here's my question that I always ask....and it tends to immediately end the debate one of 2 ways... silence/ let's talk about something else or "what are you talking about? Blacks didn't own slaves!" which leads to a whole new education for more than a few. (Which is pathetic, in and of itself. It's not like it's a random or rare fact)

Are the descendents of black slave owners going to be required to kick in to the reparation funds?

*Ahem... legal lifetime slavery was established by a judge in Virginia when Anthony Johnson, a freed indentured servant (Black Angolian) sued to keep his illegally detained indentured servant as a slave for life. This was the first legal ruling that found man legally able to own a person. Thus.... legalized slavery.

There were more than a few black land owners and slave owners. Hell.... one of the largest black owned plantations is now more commonly known today as Charleston.

I don't get the chance to dig into slave traders. The conversation is just done.

America 1st

Founder
Here's my question that I always ask....and it tends to immediately end the debate one of 2 ways... silence/ let's talk about something else or "what are you talking about? Blacks didn't own slaves!" which leads to a whole new education for more than a few. (Which is pathetic, in and of itself. It's not like it's a random or rare fact)

Are the descendents of black slave owners going to be required to kick in to the reparation funds?

*Ahem... legal lifetime slavery was established by a judge in Virginia when Anthony Johnson, a freed indentured servant (Black Angolian) sued to keep his illegally detained indentured servant as a slave for life. This was the first legal ruling that found man legally able to own a person. Thus.... legalized slavery.

There were more than a few black land owners and slave owners. Hell.... one of the largest black owned plantations is now more commonly known today as Charleston.

I don't get the chance to dig into slave traders. The conversation is just done.
Just to add; blacks were enslaving whites.

Jweast2486

Poster
We spend on average $70K a year on a person in poverty every year, yet they never get out of poverty...the system is set up to keep them there and there are many people happy to remain dependent on the system. Would think if I had a salary of $70K in 98% of the country I would be able to live well above poverty yet it doesn’t work out like that.

So sick of people feeling owed money for doing nothing, there is such a need for workers right now but free money, unemployment forever, and no one wants to work for anything less than $50K no matter what simple meaningless task their job might require. Bunch of entitled lazy assholes, and this year of Covid has increased the number of people on the government tit, increasing the strain on the system.

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
America wasn’t shit until after WWII, when we took advantage of having industry and labor available to supply Europe’s rebuild. Nobody involved in southern agriculture built a thing.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder

My sons Baseball team Game Changer app does this. Completely writes the Summary "article" of the game. This is what the Media is doing. Like you said then proof read to look human

Jtrain80

Legendary

The fact that slavery was not illegal in some parts of Africa until 1979 should speak volumes.

Edit: 1981. Even better.

BigBucnNole

Elite
America wasn’t shit until after WWII, when we took advantage of having industry and labor available to supply Europe’s rebuild. Nobody involved in southern agriculture built a thing.

You saying Adolf and Wilhelm are more responsible for the position where the US is today than slavery?

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
My sons Baseball team Game Changer app does this. Completely writes the Summary "article" of the game. This is what the Media is doing. Like you said then proof read to look human

I think there is a ton of this. When I used to use google, there were always stories on there about guns. (One of the things I read about most online) Seems like they were always from a site called the National Interest, or something. Anyway, if I ever read the articles it was clear that I knew 10x as much about the subject as the author, and they were basically just giving specs on a new gun in the form of an article to get clicks. I fucking hate clickbait.

America 1st

Founder
I think there is a ton of this. When I used to use google, there were always stories on there about guns. (One of the things I read about most online) Seems like they were always from a site called the National Interest, or something. Anyway, if I ever read the articles it was clear that I knew 10x as much about the subject as the author, and they were basically just giving specs on a new gun in the form of an article to get clicks. I fucking hate clickbait.
4D warfare.

The country as we know it today, was built after WW2. African tribal elders selling their people hardly makes any difference. Before WW2, I think the US was 19th most powerful country in the world. After WW2, tied for first.

The veterans of WW2 built our country as we know it today. Woke ideology has been over the last few years. They had to wait for the vets of WW2 to die to bring it back.

Top Bottom