Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Best bar at your college

And what was the best drink there?

Oklahoma state I enjoyed a few besides Applebees of course.

Willie's saloon- coors on draft
Copper penny- the Limey
Eskimo joes- on Thursdays it was all you could drink domestic beers for 5$

Seagulls

Poster

Copper penny- the Limey
I’d probably get a headache from the cheap liquor fumes just walking back into the place but this was on point my last few years in Athens

AR-305039956.jpg

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
Texas

Lovegoat - Adios Mother Fucker
Tap 24 (paved over for TABC fines) - Coronarita
Peckerheads - Adios Mother Fucker in a bucket

TheGratefulReb

Neanderthal in Chief
Founder
Ole Miss

There's dimes everywhere, so that's not really a factor into "best"

My favorite was Proud Larry's

HnstTune

Elite
Founder
I went to a small school of only 1000 students in a small town of only 2000 residents. There was 1 bar called OCs and they didn’t even have a liquor license. Only beer. Drank lots of $1 natty lights at that bar.

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
One of the great things about a college in the sticks is that the prices are dirt cheap compared to somewhere like Dallas for example. Were the prices reasonable being in the Austin area? Just curious.
Certainly not in West Campus. I mean it’s still Texas so the prices are good but UT frat kids get absolutely shellacked out of every dollar at those bars

Hoppo

Elite
Founder
Carnegie Mellon (Pittsburgh)

Best bar was Panther Hollow Inn (may it rest in peace). All the CMU students hung out there. They had cheap beer and sold shots in “pitchers.” Best one was their take on Purple Hooters. It was different than the traditional recipe but it was fuckin good.

My senior year and afterward when I lived and worked in Pittsburgh I hung out at a place near Pitt called Denny’s Bar (now Gene’s Place). Gene and I used to drink til sunrise in that place. Gene’s/Denny’s isn’t a place you get a great drink. They started selling the cherry bomb juice as shots when they convinced me to try one out. And they had all the cheap western PA breweries represented on their taps and the beer coolers. I miss those days.

Last edited:

STL_22

Poster
WMU

Waldo’s. Certainly not the best bar, but it is the most memorable, and right across from the football stadium.

Thursday nights they had $7.50 mixed drink pitchers, and they were very generously poured. Thankfully I lived a block away from the place so we could walk, otherwise one of the weekly trips to two-fist Long Island pitchers would’ve likely had me on the No Fly List by now.

Molon Labe

MAGA Man
Founder
As soon as I walked into harpers for the first time I instantly got a cold sore on my mouth.
Place just smells like puke as soon as you walk in the door, every single time. Think it was the smell of their beer. And you couldn’t even get a drink. Such a shit hole.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
MU

Fieldhouse on Thursdays at 10pm was the start of penny pitchers... the beer was unknown, but did the trick.
not sure how I made it to the 7am class..well I still had alcohol in my system.

honorable mention was the mind erasers at the Heidelberg, and Harpos,

skramer100

Elite
Founder
I'd have to say Bullwinkle's at Florida State, at least when I was there. I was such a high class guy that I took the old lady there after I proposed to her!

Yup, Bullwinkle's in the late 90's was awesome. Right when they opened the beer garden. They made the best Long Islands. $3 and 2 you were on the floor. That was the place we took everybody when they turned 21 for their 3 wise men shot.

Other bar I would go with is the Palace. Such great times in there.

120north

Elite
Founder
Yup, Bullwinkle's in the late 90's was awesome. Right when they opened the beer garden. They made the best Long Islands. $3 and 2 you were on the floor. That was the place we took everybody when they turned 21 for their 3 wise men shot.

Clyde's downtown was my jam. Liked AJ's also.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Clyde's downtown was my jam. Liked AJ's also.
SkyDeck at AJs was awesome. Freaking thing moved like crazy. Clyde's was cool but they took my fake id so I hate them. Another good place was The Pub down on Monroe. Worked at the Melting Pot junior and senior year, we used to go there after work. Pool tables and over 100 beers on tap.

Cards1968

Founder
MU

Fieldhouse on Thursdays at 10pm was the start of penny pitchers... the beer was unknown, but did the trick.
not sure how I made it to the 7am class..well I still had alcohol in my system.

honorable mention was the mind erasers at the Heidelberg, and Harpos,
Trops was also a good spot to grab a to-go toasted almond to start the crawl.
l.jpg

Cowboy1stn10

Elite

Copper penny- the Limey

Good list. I would have gone Roosters(when it was called that, I think it changed names in 07) over the Penny during my college years. They always had strong drinks and a live band, usually country. I do probably like the Penny more as an adult, plus I don't even think where Roosters was is a bar anymore.

Joe's was underrated, but always one of my favorites. It was definitely the cleanest place. Always went for $1.50 joes cups and $5 all you can drink bottles.

Lived across the street from Willies for two years on the corner of 4th and Ramsey. If the bathroom line was long I just walked to the house to piss and came back. Can't decide if that was lazy or genius.

Was too broke to get into "good" drinks, so mainly stuck to beer when I went out.

Willies: Draft beer/bottles.
Roosters: Their mix drinks were strong and super cheap. Usually went whiskey and coke, I'm sure it was high quality well "whiskey". It was being mixed with soda so who cares.
Eskimo Joes: Draft beer/bottles.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Clemson

Tiger Town Tavern
Keith Street
Esso Club

I really don't know what their best drinks were. I drank beer, whiskey, or shots. They all served those well. Pretty girls liked hanging out there, and that's really what mattered.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Far from the best, but my favorite place to kick things off at happy hour at South Carolina in the late 90's/ early 2000's was the Village Idiot. You could get hammered, eat and tip for well under $20. $2 pitchers of bud light and 75 cent slices of pizza was hard to beat.

All our college bars were dumps though. We just went to whichever had cheap booze and the best looking girls. During my time, it was probably a toss up between Pavlovs, Jungle Jims, and Sharkeys, all 5 points shit holes.

BigfootNole

Poster
Founder
I'd have to say Bullwinkle's at Florida State, at least when I was there. I was such a high class guy that I took the old lady there after I proposed to her!

Got kicked out of Bullwinkle's on my 21st birthday. Blacked out, got cut off, and walked behind the inside bar to make my own drink. Do not remember any of this.

BigfootNole

Poster
Founder

We lived off Airport and would walk there every Thursday and Friday. Remember seeing Gary Cismesia in there absolutely hammered on Friday's.

The_Goose

Poster
Founder
WMU

Waldo’s. Certainly not the best bar, but it is the most memorable, and right across from the football stadium.

Thursday nights they had $7.50 mixed drink pitchers, and they were very generously poured. Thankfully I lived a block away from the place so we could walk, otherwise one of the weekly trips to two-fist Long Island pitchers would’ve likely had me on the No Fly List by now.

Came to post this, though I must be older because they were $5 when I was in school. Firehouse (which burned down ironically) half-off Saturdays and Wayside $.50 draft Wednesdays were also legit, though Wayside turned gangsta from what I heard prior to them closing.

Long cat

Elite
SkyDeck at AJs was awesome. Freaking thing moved like crazy. Clyde's was cool but they took my fake id so I hate them. Another good place was The Pub down on Monroe. Worked at the Melting Pot junior and senior year, we used to go there after work. Pool tables and over 100 beers on tap.
AJs had 2 for 1 happy hour on Friday’s for pregaming for all you can drink at bullwinkles while I was there. I had to be hammered to go up on that deck though, I can’t believe it never fell down.

I had a friend that worked at the palace who refused to drink anything but bottled beer there. I remember the old ice filled urinals and the ridiculous amount of smoke. You could always smell the smoke coming out of your hair in the shower the next morning.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
_MG_7003.JPG

Not college day but def gamedays. Love the roof top Bar......and as mentioned above Boars Head (late at night)

Top Bottom