Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Beast of a Nerd 1 Bobcat 0

Jtrain80

Legendary
Oh man.

Wife and I were on a weekend getaway at a cabin(studio style w only bathroom enclosed, ~800 sq ft) in SE Oklahoma. Cooked a mess of shrimp in a broil, then ate like royalty. Beautiful fall night, we had the french doors open to a deck.

While sitting there stuffed and REALLY high, watching a Trump rally, a bobcat walks up to the door. I was across the room, but wife was on the bed 2 ft from the door.

I had cotton mouth so bad, when I tried to talk nothing came out. Quick thinking redneck like myself, I started hissing at the cat. The shock on both the cats and my wife's face will forever be etched in my mind.

It ran off, she jumped up and shut the door before I could even get my feet off the coffee table.

She didnt think they still existed in Oklahoma.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
How tough is it to simply wrap your hands around its neck in the moment right before he threw it? And kill the damn thing?

4n6tox

Poster
I'd like to think i could instinctively and immediately grab a rabid wild animal and protect my wife, but I feel kike it might've taken me 10 seconds or so to figure out how to handle the situation. Picking it up like a beautiful newborn and staring it in the eyes would probably not have been my reaction.

Top Bottom