Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BBQ guy's...... what is your go to charcoal?

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
5b85b42b-b84a-4850-bdce-9e8f3847a19d_1.5e58c60ac94f081dcbe99c3256fe59f7.jpeg

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
I've used this and I recall it being pretty good, extruded Briquette like Kings for if I recall correctly, just quite a bit larger

I burn through 15 plus bags s year, maybe 20 , running smokers and grills and I've gone away from lump and back to Kingsford

It's just so consistent and dependable
I may do 2 bags a year.

Did Fogo for dinner.... great

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
I've tried to do the natural charcoal but its iffy. I'll burn tons of wood all year. I have gathered up the charcoal left in the bottom and saved it up. It is so difficult to get a consistent burn like with Kingsford. It might be because its different types of wood or I haven't figured out how to use it properly but it goes from hot to too cold really quick.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
I will add. I put apple tree and peach tree sticks in water over night and then add them to the charcoal after its gray. You get a little flavor off that. The apple trees not as much as the peach trees.

TJHall1

Legendary
I will add. I put apple tree and peach tree sticks in water over night and then add them to the charcoal after its gray. You get a little flavor off that. The apple trees not as much as the peach trees.
Why do people think it's good to soak the wood in water? It just gives you bad smoke, and a lot of it.

Top Bottom