Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bama v Ohio State least watched championship of the BCS/CFP era

AC2020

Elite
Founder

The way they do the playoffs is what's killing college football. Here's how to fix it.

First, conference championships should mean something. Under the current 4 team format, the only teams that should be eligible are conference champions. Lose the conference championship? The conference title games should be considered part of the playoff, lose and you're done.

You want to expand the playoffs to 8 teams? The 5 major conference champs are automatically in (no matter the record). Then add 3 at large invitees. Two of the invitees (at the very least) should come from one of the Power 5 conferences. If a Group of 5 team has an exemplary year, throw a bone at them and let them have an invitee. This year, Cincinnati would have been that team.

Wrap it up, but a bow on it and interest in CFB increases 10 fold.

hootyhoogoknights

Poster
Founder
Can anyone find the nba ratings? Been too long since I’ve laughed at them and I swear they’re paying off google/sports writers to not write about them

EdmondDantes

Poster
Bama fatigue is at an all time high. People are sick of seeing the same teams in the playoff year after year. Nothing will change for the foreseeable future. Life is tough... get a helmet.

Taggart

Elite
Founder
Love CFB but the 4-team playoffs are ruining it. I can't believe I'm saying this but the BCS system was better.

CumAllahHerAss

Poster
Founder
Love CFB but the 4-team playoffs are ruining it. I can't believe I'm saying this but the BCS system was better.
11 teams played in the two team BCS championship in the seven years leading up to the CFP. 11 teams have played in the CFP in its seven year existence. It has absolutely killed any parity. I think an eight team playoff would fix it, but it would take a decade to balance out.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
11 teams played in the two team BCS championship in the seven years leading up to the CFP. 11 teams have played in the CFP in its seven year existence. It has absolutely killed any parity. I think an eight team playoff would fix it, but it would take a decade to balance out.

And the final one was such a great night.

1610582481415.jpeg

Fever757

Poster
Founder

I don't mind going back to the BCS, but trying a six or eight team playoff would be welcomed.

In a six team format, do conference champions only +1 G6 team. That'll bite an Alabama pretty quick.

In an eight team playoff, do conference champions and three at large P5 teams or a G6 team that earned a top eight or ten ranking. Play the games in the NY6 bowls.

I think there are too many bowls too. Cut the fat.

Stick with some bowls that have a tradition of good match-ups: Liberty, Alamo, Citrus, Gator, Holiday and cut all the other shit out. If a bowl is north of Memphis, it shouldn't exist.

Top Bottom