Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bama residents, what's it like not having a pro sports team?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I live in Florida, we have 3 NFL teams, 2 MLB, 2 NHL, 2 NBA. I would rather be a fan of Bama football then our teams. I mean shit, they have Jacksonville St over there.
200.gif

Darth Maul

Poster
I know you all love the hut hut, but what gives?

Don't tell me the fan base doesn't spend enough to justify a pro team. I've seen those Walmart pictures....

No flame....
There has never been an attempt to put an NFL team in Bham. A real one would probably do alright, for a small market team. But the State of Alabama is the epicenter of big time college football and people will not support some bush-league pro team.

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
I know what you mean here but to be fair the Birmingham Barons and Rocket City Trash Pandas are “pro”.

There have been studies and the closest thing to a major pro franchise an AL city’s population can support is MLS.

Red'75™

Poster
Founder
To be honest, it doesn't bother me in the least. Sports in general, particularly professional sports has gotten so politically diseased, corrupt and greedy that I can't stand to look at it anymore. I think that's why I started throwing darts years ago.

BigBucnNole

Elite
There has never been an attempt to put an NFL team in Bham. A real one would probably do alright, for a small market team. But the State of Alabama is the epicenter of big time college football and people will not support some bush-league pro team.

How big is BHam?

Nayat

Elite
As a Nebraska resident I echo the sentiments it is nice not having the additional wokeness to deal with. Plus fantasy football seems really stupid to me.

TJHall1

Legendary
From Iowa. Also in the crew thinking not having a pro sports team is good. Pro athletes do nothing but bitch and be PC cunts. Already too close to the faggot NFL, NBA, and mlb teams in Minneapolis and Chicago.

Before all the woke bullshit I could have cared less about football & after all the wokeness they can all fold! Ppl act like they worship these teams/players & the teams/players think they are gods! They actually believe that because they say or think a certain way that their "worshippers" will agree, like they have some great power over this universe. At the end of the day if they never played another game it would affect my life 0%. So no this Bama/Florida chick don't give a rats patoot about Bama getting a pro team.

It just means I've never given a rip about the NFL. I tried to consider myself a Saints fan once in my 20s. But it doesn't really work like that. I just didn't feel invested.

Granted, if Alabama were to have an NFL team, I imagine the fanbase would be massive, loyal, and rabid. College football fans in Alabama like to say they aren't missing anything by not watching NFL, but I think that's a lot like an angry fatherless child saying they never wanted a dad anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom