Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bad Presidents

OldBuzzard

Poster
Me: “There’s no way there could be a worse President than Lyndon Johnson.”

Jimmy Carter: “Hold my beer.”

Me: “There’s no way there could be a worse President than Jimmy Carter.”

Barak Obama: “Hold my beer.”

Me: “There’s no way there could be a worse President than Barak Obama.

Joe Biden: “You ain’t seen nothin’ yet!”

Me: “There’s no way there could be a worse President than Lyndon Johnson.”

Jimmy Carter: “Hold my beer.”

Me: “There’s no way there could be a worse President than Jimmy Carter.”

Barak Obama: “Hold my beer.”

Me: “There’s no way there could be a worse President than Barak Obama.

Joe Biden: “You ain’t seen nothin’ yet!”

I know we're going in chronological order but it almost works out perfectly. I'd flip LBJ over Carter being a worse POTUS. Carter was woefully prepared to lead and both his domestic and foreign policies were abysmal. However, LBJ's escalation of Vietnam and his creation of the welfare state that has eventually cost upwards to $20T easily trumps Carter inflation mishaps of the late-70s.

Worst POTUS' of our lifetime:

1. Biden- Hardly one year in, Depends Joe has been an utter nightmare....and he's got 3 more years.
2. Obama- Intentionally divided the country by race, class, and gender like I've never seen before.
3. LBJ- Already mentioned LBJ's failings but would add the gross mis/micromanagement of the Vietnam conflict.
4. Carter- Again, already mentioned but would add Carter being inept in every facet of the job but luckily didn't measure up to the above shit stains.

Last edited:

Rube Reaper

Elite
I know we're going in chronological order but it almost works out perfectly. I'd flip LBJ over Carter being a worse POTUS. Carter was woefully prepared to led and both his domestic and foreign policies were abysmal. However, LBJ's escalation of Vietnam and his creation of the welfare state that has eventually cost upwards to $20T easily trumps Carter inflation mishaps of the late-70s.

Worst POTUS' of our lifetime:

1. Biden- Hardly one year in, Depends Joe has been an utter nightmare....and he's got 3 more years.
2. Obama- Intentionally divided the country by race, class, and gender like I've never seen before.
3. LBJ- Already mentioned LBJ's failings but would add the gross mis/micromanagement of the Vietnam conflict.
4. Carter- Again, already mentioned but would add Carter being inept in every facet of the job but luckily didn't measure up to the above shit stains.
Troll attempt is too obvious.

The Patriot act was put into place under GW Bush. That has to get him into the top 5 IMO

Garbage president IMO

If we're starting with LBJ as the first of the modern era POTUSs, that would be 11 to date. GWB at #5 would be reasonable enough but using the Patriot Act for the primary reason I'd question. The Act was enacted in response to 9/11 and its purpose was to enable the intelligence community to react quicker to global threats. Having the ACLU and nutjob Michael Moore be vocal opponents of the Act tells me it wasn't all bad.

skramer100

Elite
Founder
If we're starting with LBJ as the first of the modern era POTUSs, that would be 11 to date. GWB at #5 would be reasonable enough but using the Patriot Act for the primary reason I'd question. The Act was enacted in response to 9/11 and its purpose was to enable the intelligence community to react quicker to global threats. Having the ACLU and nutjob Michael Moore be vocal opponents of the Act tells me it wasn't all bad.
I think you start with JFK, far enough removed from WW2. Don't think much changes in rankings except JFK bumps somebody out of the top 3. From top to bottom IMO:

Reagan
JFK
Trump
Nixon
Ford
Clinton
W
HW
Carter
Obama
LBJ
Biden

Have Obama above LBJ because without LBJ we never would have had Obama. So he is worse.

I think you start with JFK, far enough removed from WW2. Don't think much changes in rankings except JFK bumps somebody out of the top 3. From top to bottom IMO:

Reagan
JFK
Trump
Nixon
Ford
Clinton
W
HW
Carter
Obama
LBJ
Biden

Have Obama above LBJ because without LBJ we never would have had Obama. So he is worse.

This looks right but as popular as JFK was I'd probably put Trump ahead of JFK. JFK gets credit for his vision in space exploration, he stared down Kruschev during the Cubian Missile Crisis, and he was a popular POTUS globally. He was also there for the infancy of the Civil Rights era. However, JFK did enjoyed a press/media that fawned over him as much as they did Obama.

Conversely, Trump faced a rabid media and a horrid Dem-controlled Congress that persecuted him throughout his presidency. Still, Trump was able to crank out superb domestic and foreign policy. Trump inherited the slowest recession in decades while JFK inherited a US economy that had separated itself from the world. Based purely on challenges, Trump edges JFK in my book but the rest of your list looks spot on.

For years I never much cared much for Kennedy. Once I read Bill O'Reilly's "Killing Kennedy" I found a new found respect for the man. Unfortunately, that's evidence of me having a closed mind. Incidentally, O'Reilly's Killing series is an excellent read if you haven't dived into any of the books.

Last edited:
Top Bottom