Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Backyard mechanics

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Just replaced the radiator and Reservoir in ny 2003 dodge 1500. Gotta do a fuel pump on a 2008 Tahoe tomorrow bc I forgot my hydraulic lift at work. So I suppose that'll be tomorrow now.
Any tips? Looks like the Tahoe has a lip that will be a pain in the neck to get the tank over. I may get my buddy to tow it to my shop later today. Ateast I'd have fork lifts and everything there.
Any of yall work on your own stuff?
I can pretty much do about everything when in comes to machines including electrical. I don't do my own oil changes but I think I'm gonna start just to get the used oil. Tell us what you work on or can do.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I used to work on my own stuff, but age and better financial situation has me just paying a buddy to do it.

I know enough to know if someone is trying to fuck me, so that's good enough for me.
That is how I normally am. The fuel pump i bought from rock auto was 85.00. The auto mechanic quoted 1200.00 to fix it 500.00 on parts. Itll be a pain in the dick but 2 hrs at my shop will save me 1100.00 yeah I'm doing it. Plus this is actually easier work than what I do daily fabricating. I do get im not like normal people in any real world way.
Good skills to have if you are ever in a pinch.

I was on a pontoon in 1998+/-. The motor took a shit and we were 5 miles from the house in a secluded cove. I wasn't able to fix the fuel problem but I was able to get the motor running and we were able to do maybe 25% of full throttle. We all were shitfaced but got home no problem cruising. That was the 1st time I ever had 2 chicks blow me on the same day. Both hot. The second one got rug burns on her knees somehow that night 😇

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
See above
Not saying I can't mechanic, I've swapped head gaskets, transmissions, brakes, cv joints ect ECT but at this point in my life and cars requiring more and more specific tools to work on them. I'd rather just pay someone to do it so I can go make or spend money and not waste hours in my garage or lobby of a service center.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Not saying I can't mechanic, I've swapped head gaskets, transmissions, brakes, cv joints ect ECT but at this point in my life and cars requiring more and more specific tools to work on them. I'd rather just pay someone to do it so I can go make or spend money and not waste hours in my garage or lobby of a service center.
500.00 per hr ill do it my self after leaving the tiddy bar at 8am. Like the ol days

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Spent the last 5 hours trying to help my granddad fix his automatic gate but no dice. I wired and rewired that bitch but nothing. I’m about to chill now
Pics and a schematic
Is it in a bind?
Have you tested the shaft(hydraulic) or is it a belt motor something? If it is a Chynese knock off i don't know. I don't do circuits.
(I ruined a dod contractor seeing if he could find the bad board.)

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Don't know where you're getting shit done but they think yore a sucker if they charging 500 an hour. Dealership here is only $95 an hour
It was just a place by my house. If they had said 600 and you buy parts I'd have done it. I didn't feel like fucking with it this morning but I got in at 7am and finished a little after 930. So it was worth it. I. Blazing and gonna much a football eat dinner walk the hound eat anther football and go to bed. My ol ass back and elbows are screaming.

Top Bottom