Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Astounded at vehicle trade in values

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
Just traded a 2018 f150 for a 2020 f150.

Was cleaning out all my crap & came across the original invoice for my trade in. $36.5k with around 15,000 miles.

I’m getting $27k now with 79,000 miles on it. I had paid it off last November.

Will be in a 2020 f150 with 16k miles on it for $327/mo at 1.9% tomorrow bed liner & leveling kit included.

Also found over 200 rounds of .22s & a few boxes of 45s I forgot about under the back seat while cleaning out the old one. So that’s a plus for today too.

Ttuplm05

Poster
My neighbor is in the car finance business. Says it's crazy out there. Lack of supply of chips for all the computers in new cars so the supply of them is down, which is inflating used car values. Or something like that.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
Yeah trucks are going for crazy amounts these days. Ammo too. You're winning all the way around.

Crazy thing is they are going to have to recover all my seats & still put that number on the trade. I know there’s some smoke & mirrors with any trade, but I don’t keep a very clean truck & typically ruin the seats in every one.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
My neighbor is in the car finance business. Says it's crazy out there. Lack of supply of chips for all the computers in new cars so the supply of them is down, which is inflating used car values. Or something like that.

This is a buddy of mine that runs a small lot. He told me over a month ago he had six f150s coming in this deal. They arrived Wed. When we made the deal yesterday he had three left and as of today he said one was left.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
Just like housing, sell your existing vehicle for top dollar, but lots o luck getting a good deal on something new, or late model used.
Yep I’m a broker at a small RE company. We’re running into those issues bigly.

lhpvol

Poster
My good friend is GM at a Chevy dealership. Called him the other day to get the value on my truck, a 2016 2500HD with 60k miles. He laughed and said retail was $54k. I paid $52k new 5 yrs ago. He said used trucks are $10k too high right now, but it is what it is because people are paying and cant get new, He had 1 new Duramax on the lot (5 trucks total) that was priced at $3k over sticker (sticker was $73k). Other dealers are calling trying to buy the truck at $3k over sticker. He said its gotten to the point that he will not sell someone a truck unless they have a good trade-in because he is so desperate for inventory

Ttuplm05

Poster
There's an 02 dodge 4x4 2500 with 5.9, only 58k miles at auction. St pkg with a work bed. Current total bid is 20k

Top Bottom