Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Are you a bagman?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Are you asking me specifically? I'm having a hard time understanding the post

SoonerMD09

Elite
What is the definition of bagman here
As in paying recruits.

Not financing illicit operations. However, now that I think about it, that may be just as interesting.

Also, not asking you specifically. You said anonymity on this was a top priority. I figure those wanting to come clean would want to be reassured of that...

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
As in paying recruits.

Not financing illicit operations. However, now that I think about it, that may be just as interesting.

Also, not asking you specifically. You said anonymity on this was a top priority. I figure those wanting to come clean would want to be reassured of that...
I got you.

I can assure a best effort at everyone's cybersecurity (and we are going to continue to work and improve), but can't promise how other posters handle info that gets posted here.

There is a difference between protecting digital information (which we can do) and someone's online anonymity (which they play a large role in)

Either way, let's hear it Crootn bagmen.

Mud flap

Poster
Founder
I had a friend of mine 30 years ago was the overseer of 3000 acres for a deep pocket alum at Alabama. I would help him out on the place during the Christmas holidays set up the 3 to 4 day retreat for the players. Apparently several locations would split the players depending on how many wanted to hang out rather than go home for the holidays.

It was like Mardi Gras with all the booze , food and women. they would set up dice and card tables and provide players chips which they cashed out every night. My friend told me he was involved setting this up since back in the Marty Lyons playing days. They stopped during the late 90’s when all the sanctions hit them.

Pitttilidie

Poster
Founder
I worked for over 10 years with a former WVU QB god rest his soul from the late 60`s and early 70`s.

even back then after a game he would go to a after game party and $500 handshakes were the norm(He was the Star so im pretty sure that was the high end)

also his summer job was working as the pool boy at the Raese Mansion(John Raese owned greer limestone and the Morgantown Dominion Post and had a unsuccessful run against Jay Rockefeller for one of the senate seats in West Virginia amongst other things) and he would basically sweep the pool everyday then have coctails with Mrs. Raese the rest of the day.

Top Bottom