Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Apparently, their are no Colonel John Boyd's left at the Pentagon (link)...

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Couple ways to think about it. If you stop buying now the cost goes up exponentially. The reason the cost has come down to something reasonable for the capability is because of rate. Huge push to sell internationally which will also drive down costs. The capability is needed. Don't care what the news says, it works, and it works well. Cost to fly are to expensive, but that also has to do with how the USAF and Navy are using it. Costs are going down.

It has always been known that there will be a need for 4th gen fighters. LO fighters open the door. Day X afterwards is everyone participates. An AC-130 isn't diving into a China scenario until there is some type of Air Superiority established, be that a specific opening and closing of a land mass, or total air superiority.

All fighters are trucks to carry weapons. We have limited trucks (Desert Storm 147 Fighter Squadrons now approx 54 on a good day) and need improved weapons. The weapons that the F35 carry are 3rd gen with a few 4th get weapons. How did we get there? the USAF and Navy didn't buy new stuff.

Force structure was discussed by the Chief of Staff of the Air Force yesterday at the AFA conference. He wants a new force presentation model to combatant commands which will lead to different mixes of aircraft and personnel on a predictable schedule. Wargaming has shown a need for a mix of aircraft to get the job done.

Do some research on the parts that make up the cost of the F35. It is open source, and eye opening.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Let's hope 🤞
Budget drill at the building right now. 22 POM 5-7-10% 23 POM 7-12-15% cuts. there is no money coming, but lets have some real talk. 21 budget 740B is a lot of money. Services are fat with cash that they are having a hard time executing

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Budget drill at the building right now. 22 POM 5-7-10% 23 POM 7-12-15% cuts. there is no money coming, but lets have some real talk. 21 budget 740B is a lot of money. Services are fat with cash that they are having a hard time executing
They really are running out of runway on their excuses.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Couple ways to think about it. If you stop buying now the cost goes up exponentially. The reason the cost has come down to something reasonable for the capability is because of rate. Huge push to sell internationally which will also drive down costs. The capability is needed. Don't care what the news says, it works, and it works well. Cost to fly are to expensive, but that also has to do with how the USAF and Navy are using it. Costs are going down.

It has always been known that there will be a need for 4th gen fighters. LO fighters open the door. Day X afterwards is everyone participates. An AC-130 isn't diving into a China scenario until there is some type of Air Superiority established, be that a specific opening and closing of a land mass, or total air superiority.

All fighters are trucks to carry weapons. We have limited trucks (Desert Storm 147 Fighter Squadrons now approx 54 on a good day) and need improved weapons. The weapons that the F35 carry are 3rd gen with a few 4th get weapons. How did we get there? the USAF and Navy didn't buy new stuff.

Force structure was discussed by the Chief of Staff of the Air Force yesterday at the AFA conference. He wants a new force presentation model to combatant commands which will lead to different mixes of aircraft and personnel on a predictable schedule. Wargaming has shown a need for a mix of aircraft to get the job done.

Do some research on the parts that make up the cost of the F35. It is open source, and eye opening.

In your opinion, does the AF feel confident on a class with China? Has the entire thinking shifted to the Pacific?

They don't have as many tempting targets as the Navy, right?

Also, the army funding will go way down right?

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
In your opinion, does the AF feel confident on a class with China? Has the entire thinking shifted to the Pacific?

They don't have as many tempting targets as the Navy, right?

Also, the army funding will go way down right?
You must have missed my War with China rants on tMB. USAF is confident, but would rather it not happen. Sounds trite, but that is where we are today based on focusing on the CAS fight for 25 years. Gotta get close....good luck with the weapons the Chinese have deployed to their coast line. Thats the whole point of stealth technology.

Army has been banging the don't forget about us drum for a few years. They are getting plenty of money and will continue on in the near future.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
You must have missed my War with China rants on tMB. USAF is confident, but would rather it not happen. Sounds trite, but that is where we are today based on focusing on the CAS fight for 25 years. Gotta get close....good luck with the weapons the Chinese have deployed to their coast line. Thats the whole point of stealth technology.

Army has been banging the don't forget about us drum for a few years. They are getting plenty of money and will continue on in the near future.

Yes, I missed those. I wish I had saw them.

As a novice, I am worried about them sending a air craft carrier to the bottom of the ocean.

I hope we have some hell of some AF drones that we don't know about.

AgEngDawg

Legendary

Also, China has essentially no real combat experience unless you go back to the Korean war.

The US Military has tons of experience with lessons written in blood. I am sure that will make some difference, right?

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Also, China has essentially no real combat experience unless you go back to the Korean war.

The US Military has tons of experience with lessons written in blood. I am sure that will make some difference, right?
Dont forget 68 and their war at the southern border with India.

They have studied us and have a govt led industrial complex that is turning out decent stuff right now. May not be as good as ours, but it is a lot.

They also have the advantage of Surface to Air missile lay down. Very capable systems.

Top Bottom