Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone watch The Righteous Gemstones?

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Is this the one about the con artist preachers? Looks like a good cast
Its a great show.. yeah they're grifters.. Eli (John Goodman) seems to have good intentions he just capitalized when he had the opportunity but his kids are just beyond spoiled so they follow him everywhere and fuck everything up. The brother in-law.. Baby BIlly def doesn't have good intentions but he's hilarious

the show is in season 2 now.. the family is constantly getting themselves into serious shit.. I definitely recommend watching

Last edited:

Oler Ted

Elite
Its a great show.. yeah they're grifters.. Eli (John Godman) seems to have good intentions he just capitalized when he had the opportunity but his kids are just beyond spoiled so they follow him everywhere and fuck everything up. The brother in-law.. Baby BIlly def doesn't have good intentions but he's hilarious

the show is in season 2 now.. the family is constantly getting themselves into serious shit.. I definitely recommend watching
Where to watch?

TJHall1

Legendary
you caught up through season 2?

Did you watch don't look up? This show reminds me of that movie in how over the top they both are.

I actually like the daughter too. She made me laugh quite a bit.but.

ETA: ya I've seen all of season 2 also. I like the episodes being 35 mins.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Did you watch don't look up? This show reminds me of that movie in how over the top they both are.

I actually like the daughter too. She made me laugh quite a bit.
yeah I actually enjoyed it considering its a Netflix movie which i detest.. kinda surprised me Leo did that. I can only imagine how much they paid him

She could arguably be one of the funniest characters on the show. She absolutely kills it in even scene she's in.. Name a funnier actress in Hollywood than her? I cant

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Jody Hill/Danny McBride never miss
check out Fist Foot Way

Jody Hill is currently writing a remake to Hellraiser and Danny McBride wrote the new Halloween movies
I’ve seen fist foot way. Came out when I was working at Hollywood video. That was the only part of my life where I watched many movies. I smoked a ton of dope and watched a ton of movies. I don’t have the attention span for movies sober

PleasureMoose

Legendary
I’ve seen fist foot way. Came out when I was working at Hollywood video. That was the only part of my life where I watched many movies. I smoked a ton of dope and watched a ton of movies. I don’t have the attention span for movies sober
Movies are like my only outlet.. obviously depending on which movie... I do my research and find out the director/writer and studio along with the cast before I even attempt to watch.. If not I'm that way too..i'll lose interest within the first 5seconds so I don't even try

I'd rather watch an older 80s/90s film 5 times over before i watch a new release of some bullshit 2022 movie

Marvel and CGI has ruined Hollywood

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Movies are like my only outlet.. obviously depending on which movie... I do my research and find out the director/writer and studio along with the cast before I even attempt to watch.. If not I'm that way too..i'll lose interest within the first 5seconds so I don't even try

I'd rather watch an older 80s/90s film 5 times over before i watch a new release of some bullshit 2022 movie

Marvel and CGI has ruined Hollywood
It really does seem like the artistic product we see across the board is dogshit. We are going through the dark ages. Need a renaissance

PleasureMoose

Legendary
It really does seem like the artistic product we see across the board is dogshit. We are going through the dark ages. Need a renaissance
nailed it with artistic. the only thing studios care about now is quick $$$ so they remake and reboot everything.. they've gotten away from new creative ideas. Big studios wont hire any director/writer they cant control or have final say. You have to really hunt for good film these days bc you wont hear about them through the media. Disney has helped ruin Hollywood too

just a few directors off the top of my head that still make good product:
Leigh Whannell
Sean Baker
S Craig Zahler
Panos Cosmatos

and course you big names:
Del Toro
Ridley Scott
Scorsese
QT

TJHall1

Legendary
New episode released last night. Just watched it. Really good episode. Wait until you see the new actor introduced, fuckin great.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
New episode released last night. Just watched it. Really good episode. Wait until you see the new actor introduced, fuckin great.
I didn't except that cameo but i loved it lol. Kinda bummed out the next episode is the season finale. They have alot to tie together w the Lissson's

It looks like they're behind the motorcycle gang that shot Eli but i think maybe there could be another twist...

Latest posts

Top Bottom