Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone watch NASCAR on the dirt today?

Sikness23245

Elite
I never watch anymore so didn't realize it was today but caught the last 100 laps or so. Looked like the beginning was a shitshow, but the final stage ran pretty smooth up until the end. As a kid I went to a ton of sprint car races, so I thought it was pretty cool.

TJHall1

Legendary
I thought it was a fuckin mess. Was there even any dirt on the lines they were driving? Tony Stewart had to be sitting at home laughing at these clowns.

Sikness23245

Elite
I thought it was a fuckin mess. Was there even any dirt on the lines they were driving? Tony Stewart had to be sitting at home laughing at these clowns.

Hamlin was trying, but it wasn't working. Tony probably could have shown him how it's done, and if he couldn't have, he wouldn't have hesitated to give Logano a little love tap.

TJHall1

Legendary
Hamlin was trying, but it wasn't working. Tony probably could have shown him how it's done, and if he couldn't have, he wouldn't have hesitated to give Logano a little love tap.
I'm talking about Tony Stewart trying to get them to have a dirt race on his actual dirt track and these nascar fucks trying to have a dirt race on a nascar track. It was a disaster and tony had to be laughing his ass off.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Parents said they had a great time.

Bringing me back some cream ale from blackhorse 😎

Sikness23245

Elite
I'm talking about Tony Stewart trying to get them to have a dirt race on his actual dirt track and these nascar fucks trying to have a dirt race on a nascar track. It was a disaster and tony had to be laughing his ass off.
Just wait until they have them drive the track backwards and turn right instead! That'll really freshen up the sport!

I forgot all about it until the last 10 laps, I used to really love NASCAR but I can’t stand any of the current drivers, this youth movement has really hurt the sport.
Same. Between the shitty drivers and fucking with the points system every other year, I lost interest a long time ago. Still tune in for a race here and there like today, but we're talking 1-2 a year at most.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Maybe it's just how it is with the type of cars they race, but the little bit I saw was not what I was expecting and much less entertaining than I was hoping for. Didn't look much different than Bristol on asphalt, imo. Wanted something more like this in the turns-

CheapUnkemptHookersealion-size_restricted.gif

STL_22

Poster
I thought it was much better than expected. And to the guy asking if there was any dirt left, it looked like asphalt but was still plenty of packed dirt.

They already announced that they’re doing it again next year which made me roll my eyes a bit but I think this was a success.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Were they actually able to see the race? Some of the camera angles you couldn't see anything lol.
IMG_20210329_221424.jpg
IMG_20210329_221354.jpg

IMG_20210329_221505.jpg

IMG_20210329_221446.jpg

I didn't watch any of it cuz I'm still feeling like dick and struggling to do basic house shit in between my efforts for The Forum.

STL_22

Poster
I forgot all about it until the last 10 laps, I used to really love NASCAR but I can’t stand any of the current drivers, this youth movement has really hurt the sport.

Sheeit. The last few groups of drivers that have come in are about as talented as any out there. Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell dominated the dirt series’ the last few years. Chase Briscoe, Cole Custer and Austin Cindric have dominated the road racing series (IMSA) the last few years. And then there are the kids who’ve just done stock cars all their lives because of their families like Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney.

Ford, Chevy and Toyota are grooming these kids from the time they’re like 12 or 13 at this point and putting them in all types of cars.

All the drivers are still boring-ass white-bread drones for their sponsors for the most part but the youth movement is in no way hurting NASCAR aside from the few who can’t get over an Earnhardt or Gordon in the field.

Sikness23245

Elite
Maybe it's just how it is with the type of cars they race, but the little bit I saw was not what I was expecting and much less entertaining than I was hoping for. Didn't look much different than Bristol on asphalt, imo. Wanted something more like this in the turns-

Same, but seeing it from the driver cams showed how big of a difference it made for them. Great gif btw. Makes me want to go to a sprint race again.

View attachment 12900
View attachment 12898

View attachment 12899

View attachment 12901

I didn't watch any of it cuz I'm still feeling like dick and struggling to do basic house shit in between my efforts for The Forum.
Sweet pics. The closeup of Ryan Blaney is awesome. Dave Blaney was my grandpa's fav sprint driver back in the day, and my boomer ass asked my aunt if he was still driving. :ROFLMAO:

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Same, but seeing it from the driver cams showed how big of a difference it made for them. Great gif btw. Makes me want to go to a sprint race again.

Sweet pics. The closeup of Ryan Blaney is awesome. Dave Blaney was my grandpa's fav sprint driver back in the day, and my boomer ass asked my aunt if he was still driving. :ROFLMAO:

Lol, took me awhile to find a gif showing just what I was imagining.

I grew up in Bristol and my parents still live there. Dad volunteered as a radio operator in the 1st responders suite and with Raceway Children’s Ministries back in the day...I got to tag along and then worked every race from from middle school through high school selling programs as a fundraiser for our high school basketball program. In college I worked in the BMS souvenirs department...that was cool, got to meet several drivers and drive on the track just about everyday.

Haven’t watched NASCAR in years because of the screwed up points format but today felt like some of those mid-late 90s “rubbin’s racin’” days for me....completely different but I loved the dirt and watched almost the entire race.

TJHall1

Legendary
I thought it was much better than expected. And to the guy asking if there was any dirt left, it looked like asphalt but was still plenty of packed dirt.

They already announced that they’re doing it again next year which made me roll my eyes a bit but I think this was a success.
You can't be serious. That "packed dirt" changed color in the middle of the race? All that clay they brought in suddenly changed color to look like asphalt. You're not that naive are you?

TJHall1

Legendary

1617073533176.png
That's "packed dirt?"???

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
You can't be serious. That "packed dirt" changed color in the middle of the race? All that clay they brought in suddenly changed color to look like asphalt. You're not that naive are you?
You obviously don’t know shit about dirt racing. And I love Stewarts track too. He owns Eldorado and was pissed that NASCAR didn’t pick his track for a dirt race. I get that. However, his track rubbers up the same as did Bristol. You were not seeing asphalt or concrete, the black surface is due to the compacted clay surface taking rubber from the tires. This is a common developement in dirt racing.

Pic from Eldorado
D21FBB9F-5CE2-4598-85F2-F44627A5549F.jpeg

I thought the race was great and more excitIing than most NASCAR races. I like the change of venues and track surface. I can’t wait to see the road coarse race in Austin.

Nape

Elite
Founder

Midgets on dirt is what I grew up watching. Those guys are some of the best drivers on the planet.

Nape

Elite
Founder
You obviously don’t know shit about dirt racing. And I love Stewarts track too. He owns Eldorado and was pissed that NASCAR didn’t pick his track for a dirt race. I get that. However, his track rubbers up the same as did Bristol. You were not seeing asphalt or concrete, the black surface is due to the compacted clay surface taking rubber from the tires. This is a common developement in dirt racing.

Pic from Eldorado
View attachment 12916

I thought the race was great and more excitIing than most NASCAR races. I like the change of venues and track surface. I can’t wait to see the road coarse race in Austin.
The best track anywhere. Eldora. Corn country in NW Ohio.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Eldora and Knoxville in Iowa are the best dirt tracks. There are still some good ones in NC and other places but Eldora reigns supreme. Would love to see a cup race there. The NASCAR trucks race there every year so that could be a precursor.

Sikness23245

Elite
Eldora and Knoxville in Iowa are the best dirt tracks. There are still some good ones in NC and other places but Eldora reigns supreme. Would love to see a cup race there. The NASCAR trucks race there every year so that could be a precursor.
Man, you got me all kinds of nostalgic now. Went to several Kings Royals as a kid, and the last sprint race I went to was the Knoxville Nationals. And Jac Haudenschild is still racing! He was my fav.

Still have a sketchbook I carried around to get autographs in the pits after the races. This thing is at least 25 years old.

1617103379422.png1617103471930.png1617103553847.png

Danny Lasoski is forever immortalized in my mind because of that streak of blood he left in my autograph book. :ROFLMAO:

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
I Fn Love when grown men come into a conservation and dont know shit about what they are saying but blast out all sorts of dumb shit.
Not only do you exhibit that you have not clue about racing and or dirty racing, but just over all commonsense. Holy Shit man

TJHall1

Legendary
I Fn Love when grown men come into a conservation and dont know shit about what they are saying but blast out all sorts of dumb shit.
Not only do you exhibit that you have not clue about racing and or dirty racing, but just over all commonsense. Holy Shit man
Dude, you ejaculate on babies. Prolly best not to talk shit to other people.

STL_22

Poster
Weird argument but alright. Here’s a pic that shows it clearly. Right in front of the car are divots in the surface. The asphalt would obviously be smooth.

Bristol-Dirt-scaled.jpg

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

Alot of cars go through alot of tires during a race. Wonder where all that rubber goes?🤔

Top Bottom