Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anybody got an Oculus VR system?

d-tiger45

I run shit around here
Founder
Looking to maybe get one but want to se what you folks say:

any info is appreciated

jaihawk

Poster

any info is appreciated

My daughter just got the Quest 2. I've only messed around with it a little, but it seems pretty cool. What I do like is that when you buy most of the games, you have a 14 day trial period, as it's so hard to know whether or not you're truly going to like a game or not. Me, I'm a console guy (love my FPS), so I don't know that I'd every use it regularly, but it was cool walking through Anne Frank's house, or touring the International Space Station with it.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

any info is appreciated
I bought one when they originally came out a few years ago. It works really well and is realistic as shit, but you can only use it for so long. Socially, its really weird as you are in a room swinging at shit looking like a moron in your own world. You aren't going to be hanging out with your friends with that headset on.

I ended up selling it a few weeks after we got it. Not because it was bad or anything but i was really just curious what they were all about. I knew they would be coming out with better versions etc so didnt hang on to it for long.

Looking back, glad i sold it as I don't think we would have used it very much. My kids much prefer fortnite to the oculous stuff.

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
I have used one for work. The facilities I work on are modeled in 3D. One of the guys I work with bought a couple and did a virtual walkthrough of a facility we are working on for one of our clients. I thought it was dumb and didn’t want to spend the time, but when I put the thing on it was actually pretty cool. It’s surprisingly easy to get lost/ forget where you are.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
I have the PSVR and it is cool, has really come a long way but it gets old quick. Can only use it for 30 min to an hour at a time. Mostly only comes out when I have company over.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Gang bang time?
bang-gang.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom