Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Any baseball fans out there? Cards just acquired Nolan Arenado

HnstTune

Elite
Founder
+$50MM from the Rockies. Other players involved not yet disclosed. Puts the cards right in the thick of things in the NL.

Cards1968

Founder
Cubs fan and this blows. I hate the cardinals. Hate them.
BmvIH1.gif

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder

Marc Carig

@MarcCarig

Rockies GM Jeff Bridich once said he was above media criticism because “99 percent of them, they’ve never even led anything in their lives.” Worth noting that 99 percent of them have also never enraged a star player and then paid $50 million for the pleasure of trading him away.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’m a big time fantasy baseballer. I also own Arenado in a dynasty league - wonder how this effects his value long term. Obvious hurts a bit leaving Coors, but doesn’t seem like a bad landing spot.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
I’m a big time fantasy baseballer. I also own Arenado in a dynasty league - wonder how this effects his value long term. Obvious hurts a bit leaving Coors, but doesn’t seem like a bad landing spot.
I'd expect him to put up good numbers, but certainly not the Coors numbers. I think his OPS is about 150 points lower on the road

HnstTune

Elite
Founder
I'd expect him to put up good numbers, but certainly not the Coors numbers. I think his OPS is about 150 points lower on the road
This is a pretty good take. The cards are built more on run prevention. Pitching & defense. I think STL probably likes his glove as much as his bat. Anyway, arenado’s numbers probably slip a little bit, but he he’ll still elevate the cards lineup significantly. Plus if the cards can get Wong & yadi back that’s a lot of gold gloves around the infield for them which is really important for how they build they’re team.

Latest posts

Top Bottom