Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

AMC is go to $2,000 a share

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
I transferred my index funds to bonds. Have fun in the bubble, she’s going to lose everything.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
Bonds are not the place for safety. Rates will continue to rise, causing the price you paid for the bonds to fall.
Well, the market and bonds are negatively correlated. It has served me well in the past to move my money into bonds when the market tanks. I’ve done it my whole life, especially before or after elections. I’m not one to just sit and take losses that are inevitable.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Well, the market and bonds are negatively correlated. It has served me well in the past to move my money into bonds when the market tanks. I’ve done it my whole life, especially before or after elections. I’m not one to just sit and take losses that are inevitable.
The problem now is bond yields have been at historic lows for a decade. The super cycle in rates is over. The bond market moves in decades long trends. The trend starting now is higher yields and lower prices. Best case scenario is your money is dead for 10 years of 1% rates, which is highly doubtful given the debt structure our country is in.

You do you. That’s what I always tell people. Do what you are comfortable with.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder
The problem now is bond yields have been at historic lows for a decade. The super cycle in rates is over. The bond market moves in decades long trends. The trend starting now is higher yields and lower prices. Best case scenario is your money is dead for 10 years of 1% rates, which is highly doubtful given the debt structure our country is in.

It has certainly worked for for me. I’m no financial guru, generally stick to the basics and historical trends. This is an odd year though due to COVID and all. Thanks.

Sparty1045

Elite
Founder

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/22/now...nment-bonds-since-2015-fund-manager-says.html

I generally don’t look at others opinions but your posts had me going down a rabbit hole.

Hoosier in Mad Town

Founder
It has certainly worked for for me. I’m no financial guru, generally stick to the basics and historical trends. This is an odd year though due to COVID and all. Thanks.
I'd listen to @Nape He knows quite a bit more about this than you.

And these Clowns in America are hilarious. Paid some poor gal 5K to put out a crappy video expecting people to jump on it. Such evil individuals.

absoluteUnit

Check out the size of this lad
I’d take her to the moon. Although her eyebrows look like they are stuck between excited and mad

Top Bottom