Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alec Baldwin shootin folks

PleasureMoose

Legendary
Do you have any kind of link to this? I need more than a JPG for a story like this.
I've looked at couple of different sites on this and half are fake news generators and the other few say there may be some evidence to support the claim. It has gained traction the last 8 hours Ive been researching this

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
I've looked at couple of different sites on this and half are fake news generators and the other few say there may be some evidence to support the claim. It has gained traction the last 8 hours Ive been researching this
It's not fake until they prove their innocence.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
The fact that it took page two for this is very disappointing

happy-gilmore-adam-sandler.gif

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
Something is still not being told. Who in the hell points a gun at a "friend" and pulls the trigger? It stinks folks.
I agree. The official storyline does not make sense. Why was there any live ammunition on the set where there were operable guns, let alone ammunition being in the gun? There are reports of other "misfires" in the days before. Things do not add up in this story.

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
Live munitions should be banned from movie sets completely, just to avoid future incidents
Despite being the most hypocritical and morally depraved industry on the planet, Hollywood actually has a good record for safety with firearms. This Baldwin-produced movie is an exception.

Kirk.Colorado

Lurker
Here's a good video discussing this case. Andrew Branca is a well respected defense attorney. I highly recommend his book too.

TLDW: Branca explains how this is a very clear case of involuntary manslaughter, and that Baldwin would likely get convicted if charged accordingly.

The link to the video isn’t working.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Despite being the most hypocritical and morally depraved industry on the planet, Hollywood actually has a good record for safety with firearms. This Baldwin-produced movie is an exception.
Excuse me.......you do understand they killed Brandon Lee this same way. That statement would be like terrorists (or our gov.) taking down 2 more towers....then Gov. claiming No BIG DEAL, we have great record. Only 2 times in 20+ years.

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
Excuse me.......you do understand they killed Brandon Lee this same way. That statement would be like terrorists (or our gov.) taking down 2 more towers....then Gov. claiming No BIG DEAL, we have great record. Only 2 times in 20+ years.
Yes, I'm aware of that incident too. Still, when you consider how many movies have guns on their sets, and for how long they have been doing this, their track record is actually pretty impressive.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Interesting read from the man that held the victim as she died.

Last edited:

BurntJ

Founder
Yes, I'm aware of that incident too. Still, when you consider how many movies have guns on their sets, and for how long they have been doing this, their track record is actually pretty impressive.

I get it, we are just going to have to agree to disagree on the value of Life. You clearly put it at 0.

Recap:
I made the comment this EXACT thing happened in 1993 and here we are again.
You responded that their track record is actually pretty impressive.

I believe EVERY life lost in a fake movie/real gun incident COULD EASILY BE AVOIDED.

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
I get it, we are just going to have to agree to disagree on the value of Life. You clearly put it at 0.

Recap:
I made the comment this EXACT thing happened in 1993 and here we are again.
You responded that their track record is actually pretty impressive.

I believe EVERY life lost in a fake movie/real gun incident COULD EASILY BE AVOIDED.
No, we can agree to disagree without making wild ad hominem statements like my value of life is zero.

The Brandon Lee incident was not anything like what Baldwin just did either. In the case of Lee, he was shot in the course of filming a scene by a gun that had a serious safety issue at the time. The gun was properly loaded with blank rounds, but there was a squib round previously fired by the gun, leaving the bullet stuck in the barrel, which the blank round's pressure shot out of the gun. Yes, had the gun been fully inspected, the stuck bullet would have been found, but inspecting the bore is very rarely done by people when clearing a firearm because squib rounds are exceedingly rare. At the time, the firearm was inspected and found to have an empty chamber and empty magazine. I don't believe anyone faced any criminal liability from that incident. It was a freak accident, even if an avoidable one.

Baldwin acted in a reckless manner that should get him convicted for felony involuntary manslaughter.

My point is that the movie industry has produced very few incidents where someone is wounded from a gunshot considering how many movies have been produced over the years that involve lots of use of firearms and shooting scenes. The same thing could be said for car accidents. If you think about how many car chase and car accidents scenes are filmed, it's notable how few people are killed or injured. Yes, people have been injured and even killed while filming scenes with moving cars, but I bet it's less than what would be expected compared to general public driving accident rates.

BurntJ

Founder
No, we can agree to disagree without making wild ad hominem statements like my value of life is zero.

The Brandon Lee incident was not anything like what Baldwin just did either. In the case of Lee, he was shot in the course of filming a scene by a gun that had a serious safety issue at the time. The gun was properly loaded with blank rounds, but there was a squib round previously fired by the gun, leaving the bullet stuck in the barrel, which the blank round's pressure shot out of the gun. Yes, had the gun been fully inspected, the stuck bullet would have been found, but inspecting the bore is very rarely done by people when clearing a firearm because squib rounds are exceedingly rare. At the time, the firearm was inspected and found to have an empty chamber and empty magazine. I don't believe anyone faced any criminal liability from that incident. It was a freak accident, even if an avoidable one.

Baldwin acted in a reckless manner that should get him convicted for felony involuntary manslaughter.

My point is that the movie industry has produced very few incidents where someone is wounded from a gunshot considering how many movies have been produced over the years that involve lots of use of firearms and shooting scenes. The same thing could be said for car accidents. If you think about how many car chase and car accidents scenes are filmed, it's notable how few people are killed or injured. Yes, people have been injured and even killed while filming scenes with moving cars, but I bet it's less than what would be expected compared to general public driving accident rates.
Really...

People NEED vehicles to get to work, school, Dr. appts, etc. WHICH ARE ALL NECESSITY.

No movie REQUIRES the use of REAL GUN. Prop guns are used all the time (hence the confusion) so that comparison doesn't hold water.

Maybe step back and see the whole picture as you are literally defending the fact that 2 people were killed on sets. 1 time is unexcusable to me. SO THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE in valuing life VS NOT! Accidents in the military, I get as they HAVE TO USE REAL GUNS. Hollywood DOES NOT HAVE TO USE REAL GUNS.

Play Stupid game (having real guns on sets) WIN STUPID PRIZES (Kill people b/c of negligence.)

The irony is.... I hate Baldwin and haven't once called for his arrest.

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
Really...

People NEED vehicles to get to work, school, Dr. appts, etc. WHICH ARE ALL NECESSITY.

No movie REQUIRES the use of REAL GUN. Prop guns are used all the time (hence the confusion) so that comparison doesn't hold water.

Maybe step back and see the whole picture as you are literally defending the fact that 2 people were killed on sets. 1 time is unexcusable to me. SO THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE in valuing life VS NOT! Accidents in the military, I get as they HAVE TO USE REAL GUNS. Hollywood DOES NOT HAVE TO USE REAL GUNS.

Play Stupid game (having real guns on sets) WIN STUPID PRIZES (Kill people b/c of negligence.)

The irony is.... I hate Baldwin and haven't once called for his arrest.
My point about the car crashes is to provide an analogy about how often cars are used in film while the accident rate is less than you would expect from the general public. It had nothing to do about the necessity of cars in general.

Yes, you need a real gun to shoot blanks. Prop guns can be used if the scene doesn't involve any actual shooting. No, CGI will not be able to add realistic muzzle flash and recoil as part of some post-production enhancement either.

I'm not defending the fact that people were killed on sets. In fact, I explicitly said that the Baldwin incident is a clear case of felony involuntary manslaughter. That is a straw man argument, to go along with your prior ad hominem statement.

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder

BurntJ

Founder
My point about the car crashes is to provide an analogy about how often cars are used in film while the accident rate is less than you would expect from the general public. It had nothing to do about the necessity of cars in general.

Yes, you need a real gun to shoot blanks. Prop guns can be used if the scene doesn't involve any actual shooting. No, CGI will not be able to add realistic muzzle flash and recoil as part of some post-production enhancement either.

I'm not defending the fact that people were killed on sets. In fact, I explicitly said that the Baldwin incident is a clear case of felony involuntary manslaughter. That is a straw man argument, to go along with your prior ad hominem statement.
Your premise was that Hollywood has done a good job historically. I call BULLSHIT. 1 live is too many for FAKE MOVIES…2 and well They/you DONT VALUE LIFE.

I dont GAS if you want realistic…if it protects lives (bc hollywood can’t be trusted) BAN ALL guns from movies. (I believe that may be a rule).

FYI: if they had fixed this after B Lee. That poor girl is still alive. (Again I don’t GAS about any participants or police/arrest. That has nothing to do with my point.)

We have gone round and round befor3 (you want to continue to investigate Trump) 😉.. I’ll give you credit, YOU never waver on your opinion NO MATTER WHAT. 👏👏👏

Recap:
I’ve basically made the argument that Hollywood (a 5 yo) should have real guns after they have killed 2 people NOW. And you countered that they have a good track record based on number of times they have guns on movies….OK if you have NO understanding of GUN SAFETY. They broke every beginning rule…..

If you think Crazy/Insane people and felons shouldn’t have guns (I do!) then why wouldn’t Irresponsible Hollywood get the same treatment.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

Holy shit, that is some insanely negligent handling of a firearm...Half ass checking it, then handing it back & forth to other people, putting it in a safe unattended for awhile, taking it back out & handing it to someone and assuming it is still all good from your initial half-ass check?! Whole other level of stupid.

Also, I love the language they use to talk about the gun, further showing their ignorance-

"...she (Hannah) opens the hatch and spins the drum, and I say cold gun on set"

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
The decision to prosecute is up to the local prosecutor. Being Santa Fe County, I expect that the local prosecutor is a good leftist, and would not want to prosecute Baldwin for this crime.

This pisses me off because it clearly shows a separate standard of prosecution for leftists than everyone else. This has got to end.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
It's not loading for me. What did that crazy son of a bitch say?

He said that Baldwin was 100% negligent, should never have pointed the gun at her during a rehearsal or otherwise. He then posted a video trolling the shit out of Baldwin which you should try and find if you can. Its funny, but it hits home pretty good.

Edit: Im guessing they took it down. Its basically Quaid looking at the camera and pointing a finger gun. Quaid, in theory doing what Baldwin was doing as the director, tells the camera man to "keep the camera still" as the camera steadies Quaid pulls the trigger on the finger gun and then makes his best pretend "wtf just happned" face to mimic the stupidity of Baldwin. Im sure it got censored.

TJHall1

Legendary
He said that Baldwin was 100% negligent, should never have pointed the gun at her during a rehearsal or otherwise. He then posted a video trolling the shit out of Baldwin which you should try and find if you can. Its funny, but it hits home pretty good.

Edit: Im guessing they took it down. Its basically Quaid looking at the camera and pointing a finger gun. Quaid, in theory doing what Baldwin was doing as the director, tells the camera man to "keep the camera still" as the camera steadies Quaid pulls the trigger on the finger gun and then makes his best pretend "wtf just happned" face to mimic the stupidity of Baldwin. Im sure it got censored.

Top Bottom