Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A truly dystopian thing happened today

MalO

Elite
Ever read about those sci-fi stories where Big Brother is able to control all forms of media and banish any knowledge from human history that it doesn't like?

Well that just happened. For real.

Less than 24 hours ago the Internet Archive aka "The Wayback Machine" which maintains the long history of the internet and lets you look up webpages that existed 20+ years ago back in the dotcom era, was just hacked.

The hackers stole passwords from the wayback machine, and are currently carrying out a DDOS attack on the Internet Archive. While the MSM is currently reporting no known attempt at editing or deleting information stored in the machine, I personally believe that is likely the intent behind the attack.

There is an ongoing election and both sides are conducting an information war. There was likely something posted in the Internet's past that someone wanted removed from the archive.

Welcome to your new existence, where big brother can edit any information you have access to at all times. Big brother can only speak the truth, because all evidence of lies will be deleted, and anyone who speaks the truth will be silenced.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
There was a movie with Willie Nelson in it and the only part I can remember was he was writing and recording a song reshaping an event that didn't happen but they would have a record of it happening. Pretty sure that was the premise of the movie.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
There was a movie with Willie Nelson in it and the only part I can remember was he was writing and recording a song reshaping an event that didn't happen but they would have a record of it happening. Pretty sure that was the premise of the movie.
@MalO thanks for getting @TopHook to answer the question. Do tell the interweb
But seriously wtf. I rode the short bus w window tint and bike helmets

Latest posts

Top Bottom