Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

9/23/21: Diablo II: Resurrected

khael-hawk

One of the Main Maniacs for Sure
Founder
I've been playing a lot too. Level 9 sorc.

Arthritis and chronic vision loss will do that to you :(

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I've been playing a lot too. Level 9 sorc.

Arthritis and chronic vision loss will do that to you :(
I feel ya, my back has been hurtin from being in the chair too long.

I found this guide for a sorc that I have been following and its pretty useful:

khael-hawk

One of the Main Maniacs for Sure
Founder
portrait-senior-man-baseball-bat-33033945.jpg

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Since palidans are the only black characters in the game, I made one named Markevious and I laugh every time I see the character screen

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Rune drops rates are absolutely horrendous. I don't have anything close to that good.
I had one Ohm drop and made a call to arms

I’ve been trying to run chaos sanctuary to try and find something good. Prob the best thing I found was harlequin crest

Sikness23245

Elite
I had one Ohm drop and made a call to arms

I’ve been trying to run chaos sanctuary to try and find something good. Prob the best thing I found was harlequin crest
I've found 2 Sur and an Ohm. Also used the Ohm for CTA, and used the first Sur to get Lo + Mal for a Grief. Still debating what to do with the 2nd Sur.

It was kind of crazy when I found the first Sur, because I had just watched this video, and it dropped the first time I tried it.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I've found 2 Sur and an Ohm. Also used the Ohm for CTA, and used the first Sur to get Lo + Mal for a Grief. Still debating what to do with the 2nd Sur.

It was kind of crazy when I found the first Sur, because I had just watched this video, and it dropped the first time I tried it.

That guy has a very calming voice

grimm515

Elite
Founder
I am still playing. Trying builds I have never done. Right now I have a poison necro that is around level 60. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Seems like I will struggle to do enough damage in the later acts of Hell. Maybe there's something I'm missing. I'm going for as many +skills items so my golem, skeletons, mages, and revives are at least strong enough to take down poison immunes.

Is Diablo 3 any good. I bought it when it came out, but never really got into it.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I've definitely slowed down. Haven't played in the last week or so. Might jump on this weekend since I have a 3 day weekend.

I am still playing. Trying builds I have never done. Right now I have a poison necro that is around level 60. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Seems like I will struggle to do enough damage in the later acts of Hell. Maybe there's something I'm missing. I'm going for as many +skills items so my golem, skeletons, mages, and revives are at least strong enough to take down poison immunes.

Is Diablo 3 any good. I bought it when it came out, but never really got into it.
I need to add you guys on battle.net - I'm not sure what my account is right now, but I'll post it in here when I get home from work.

I'm mostly on switch throughout the week, but was going to hop PC this weekend. I know I have a couple wizardspikes if anyone needs them

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Slow Friday afternoon, so here is the saga of my D2R experience if anyone is bored enough (and understands enough) to read:

So my first character that I cleared the game with was a hammerdin. I started at the very beginning as a sorc, but stalled out in hell because I didn't really know how to play one / didn't really have any good gear (I used to just play barbs when I was younger)

I had a HoZ drop and that really helped me get through as a hammerdin. I can clear anything with him pretty easy, but I'm really tired of the playstyle, plus he is kind of slow

I have a WW barb with an Obedience rune word that is decent but still pretty squishy. I'm on A4 hell with that one.

I had a titan's revenge drop and I have treachery so I made a Javazon. Never played one, but the lightning damage is ridiculous and there is enough physical damage to clear the lightning immunes. I'm in A5 hell on her and I could clear it, I just switched off for now.

Back to playing my sorc now - meteor+fireball/frozen orb. I've got an ethereal collusus voulge on my merc with insight runeword and he is a beast. Helps a ton and I have basically an infinite mana pool. Shako, spirit monarch and wizspike socketed with Ist for extra magic find, resistances and FCR. Also have a CTA and another Spirit on weapon swap which really helps with survivability. Can farm Andy, mephisto and countess really quick so thats been my route. I can do CS bet I am a little slow and can just blaze through the other stuff so I will prob stick to that for now

Sikness23245

Elite
Slow Friday afternoon, so here is the saga of my D2R experience if anyone is bored enough (and understands enough) to read:

So my first character that I cleared the game with was a hammerdin. I started at the very beginning as a sorc, but stalled out in hell because I didn't really know how to play one / didn't really have any good gear (I used to just play barbs when I was younger)

I had a HoZ drop and that really helped me get through as a hammerdin. I can clear anything with him pretty easy, but I'm really tired of the playstyle, plus he is kind of slow

I have a WW barb with an Obedience rune word that is decent but still pretty squishy. I'm on A4 hell with that one.

I had a titan's revenge drop and I have treachery so I made a Javazon. Never played one, but the lightning damage is ridiculous and there is enough physical damage to clear the lightning immunes. I'm in A5 hell on her and I could clear it, I just switched off for now.

Back to playing my sorc now - meteor+fireball/frozen orb. I've got an ethereal collusus voulge on my merc with insight runeword and he is a beast. Helps a ton and I have basically an infinite mana pool. Shako, spirit monarch and wizspike socketed with Ist for extra magic find, resistances and FCR. Also have a CTA and another Spirit on weapon swap which really helps with survivability. Can farm Andy, mephisto and countess really quick so thats been my route. I can do CS bet I am a little slow and can just blaze through the other stuff so I will prob stick to that for now
Sorc was my main back in the day, so big plus for me. All MF for her. Occy, Shako, Spirit Mon, CTA+Spirit swap, Goldwrap, war travs, and Mara's that I found from cows. Can pretty much clear everything with merc. Didn't get insight on him, but found Tal's helm, Reaper's Toll, and Duriel's Shell, so he's solid enough. Would love to find an Eth Reaper's Toll, but I'm not too worried about it.

While doing random MF runs I found pretty much everything for a Smite Paladin. GFace, Raven Frost Ring, Dwarf Star ring, Goblin Toes, and Drac's gloves. While leveling him I found a HOZ. Mentioned previously I found a Sur on my Sorc and used that to trade for runes for Grief. Still don't have a great ammy for him, but I just switch over the Mara's and CTA since I only use him for Ubers. Use a shitty Duress armor, but honestly, Chains of Honor doesn't offer enough to be worth trading up for a Ber rune, so I'm good with Duress.

Currently working on a summon Necro for the fun of it. Don't really have any plans for him, just enjoy playing him when I'm watching sports, because I can just sit back and let the skeles do all the work.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Sorc was my main back in the day, so big plus for me. All MF for her. Occy, Shako, Spirit Mon, CTA+Spirit swap, Goldwrap, war travs, and Mara's that I found from cows. Can pretty much clear everything with merc. Didn't get insight on him, but found Tal's helm, Reaper's Toll, and Duriel's Shell, so he's solid enough. Would love to find an Eth Reaper's Toll, but I'm not too worried about it.

While doing random MF runs I found pretty much everything for a Smite Paladin. GFace, Raven Frost Ring, Dwarf Star ring, Goblin Toes, and Drac's gloves. While leveling him I found a HOZ. Mentioned previously I found a Sur on my Sorc and used that to trade for runes for Grief. Still don't have a great ammy for him, but I just switch over the Mara's and CTA since I only use him for Ubers. Use a shitty Duress armor, but honestly, Chains of Honor doesn't offer enough to be worth trading up for a Ber rune, so I'm good with Duress.

Currently working on a summon Necro for the fun of it. Don't really have any plans for him, just enjoy playing him when I'm watching sports, because I can just sit back and let the skeles do all the work.
Your understanding of the game is a little deeper than mine but I have learned a ton more recently. What's your favorite farm route?

I need to get to making some trades but I don't know what the value of things are

Sikness23245

Elite
Your understanding of the game is a little deeper than mine but I have learned a ton more recently. What's your favorite farm route?

I need to get to making some trades but I don't know what the value of things are
I was REALLY into it back in the day. I bought duped gear from sketchy online sites, and ruined people with max FCR Fireball sorc in PVP, so I had a head start.

I usually do (A1) Countess, Andi, cows, (A2) Ancient Tunnels (in Lost City), Arcane Sanctuary, (A3) Travincal, Mephisto, (A4) Chaos Sanctuary, (A5) Pindle, and Nihlathak (only when key farming cuz there's lots of cold immunes including him sometimes) in no particular order. Sometimes I do them all, sometimes not, just depends how I feel.

This dude did a pretty good 4 part series on values of everything shortly after launch. Obviously some values are different now, but it's a pretty good guide still. I keep a tab open all of the time on one of them so I can do a quick check of rune values.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I was REALLY into it back in the day. I bought duped gear from sketchy online sites, and ruined people with max FCR Fireball sorc in PVP, so I had a head start.

I usually do (A1) Countess, Andi, cows, (A2) Ancient Tunnels (in Lost City), Arcane Sanctuary, (A3) Travincal, Mephisto, (A4) Chaos Sanctuary, (A5) Pindle, and Nihlathak (only when key farming cuz there's lots of cold immunes including him sometimes) in no particular order. Sometimes I do them all, sometimes not, just depends how I feel.

This dude did a pretty good 4 part series on values of everything shortly after launch. Obviously some values are different now, but it's a pretty good guide still. I keep a tab open all of the time on one of them so I can do a quick check of rune values.

Man wonderful info! I didn’t even know what I was doing back in the day and just played barb and prob never even made it to Hell.

I’ve learned a lot more this time around but still learning

Seriously tempted to buy a ber rune or two online. You have any idea of any of those sites are legit?

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

So is the best way to trade just to hop on PC and look for games that are named what you are interested in trading for? Or create one the same way?

Sikness23245

Elite
So is the best way to trade just to hop on PC and look for games that are named what you are interested in trading for? Or create one the same way?
Mix of both, really. You can get lucky and find a game, but usually you'll have to create it. It's typically a lot harder trying to trade items for items, so it's usually quicker to trade the item you have but don't need for a rune, then trade the rune for the item you need. For instance, say I found HOZ and need Tal Armor (both worth about an Ist rune). First I'd make a game "HOZ 4 Ist" then MF run that game until someone comes in to trade. After I get the Ist, I'd make a game "Ist 4 Tal Armor" and MF run that game until someone came in to trade.

Sikness23245

Elite
Man wonderful info! I didn’t even know what I was doing back in the day and just played barb and prob never even made it to Hell.

I’ve learned a lot more this time around but still learning

Seriously tempted to buy a ber rune or two online. You have any idea of any of those sites are legit?
Not sure about what sites are legit.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Started playing offline last week cause I was traveling. I’ve spent 3 days trying to find a Monarch

Latest posts

Top Bottom