Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3D printed guns are not toys

Nas

Poster
That's pretty awesome. What is it made of? Curious how it works without a gas tube? Im assuming it wont make it past a few rounds.

Nas

Poster
@JerBearr is the expert but it’s just 3D printed out of PLA filament. I believe you can get about 1000 rounds through it. The barrel well be metal
The chamber and a gas tube would have to be very hard to deal with those pressures. Do you know how it cycles a new round into the chamber? I'll probably start googling this shit

JerBearr

The chamber and a gas tube would have to be very hard to deal with those pressures. Do you know how it cycles a new round into the chamber? I'll probably start googling this shit
All pressurized components are drilled from round steel stock. The pressurized components could be made from printed plastic as well, but you will not get a very reliable firearm. As @Croot_Overlord said, I would be surprised to see fewer than 1,000 rounds. The MK1 could nearly (or did) reach 1,000 rounds and there were some big design improvements from the MK1 to the MK2. The gun is not supposed to be as reliable as a fully aluminum and steel constructed firearm. The purpose of the gun is to say "Fuck You!" to gun control...hence the name FGC-9 (Fuck Gun Control 9mm).

Also, if a component breaks, the entire gun will likely not fail. It has been shown time and time again that in the case of a part failure, it is not catastrophic. Sure anything can happen, but if you do a good QC check on your parts you will not have a catastrophic failure. That being said, in the event of a part failure, you can simply go print a new replacement part in under 24 hours (depending on the part maybe even under 1 hour). If you have a metal component break (i.e. - barrel) you will have a little more work on your hands, but in a matter of days you could be back up and running with a brand new barrel.

I hope this cross sectional image helps you!
1621561816131.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom