Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

*****2021 Weather Thread*****2022

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Haven't seen one of these over here. I figured I'd start it. Did the hurricane guys transfer over?

South east is getting a lot of snow today. Anyone experiencing it?

Last edited:

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
A great site if you are into weather is https://wxdisco.com/
I check out their forums when there is a big storm around. A good many meteorologists post there, plus just alot of weather nerds. Always alot of discussions about the different models & whatnot.

Carlscat

Elite
Founder
I check out their forums when there is a big storm around. A good many meteorologists post there, plus just alot of weather nerds. Always alot of discussions about the different models & whatnot.
Very cool. Hey @Croot_Overlord , any chance your team might be able to change the color of a hyperlink so it can be noticed easier within reading text?

Srufiopunk28

Poster
I post there frequently. Used to be the Accuweather forums before they shut them down. Really enjoy the format of Wxdisco though, and agree. Great source for snowstorms.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I post there frequently. Used to be the Accuweather forums before they shut them down. Really enjoy the format of Wxdisco though, and agree. Great source for snowstorms.

Just a lurker there, myself, but have learned alot just reading. I mostly check it out for hurricanes. Always been interested in weather. Even though I majored in chemistry and did not need it for science credit, I took a weather & climate class in college...probably my favorite class, actually. So interesting.

Nape

Elite
Founder
We’ve had 30 inches of snow the last 14 days or so. I was heading to our joint in Naples tomorrow but I had to switch with my wife as her dad had emergency surgery yesterday and she wants to be there for her mom and dad. Someone has to stay here for our daughter. FUCK!!

natureboyricflair

Poster
Founder
Morning sunrise here in East Tennessee looking back over the mountains into North Carolina.

Attachments

• 7B69BC62-72A5-4FE9-BE80-CA1474C352ED.jpeg
    7B69BC62-72A5-4FE9-BE80-CA1474C352ED.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3

Srufiopunk28

Poster
Just a lurker there, myself, but have learned alot just reading. I mostly check it out for hurricanes. Always been interested in weather. Even though I majored in chemistry and did not need it for science credit, I took a weather & climate class in college...probably my favorite class, actually. So interesting.
There are so many intelligent people on those forums. Back when it was still Accuweather, they had a running thread of long range weather prediction. I actually used it to schedule my storm chasing trip months in advance. Ended up picking the most active week of the year, and chased an EF4 in Kansas, and what should have been an EF5 (actually rated EF3 due to it not hitting much) in El Reno, Oklahoma. Pretty crazy looking back on it. But yeah, I'm a weather nerd big time. Severe is my area of interest, but those guys on WxDisco have made me into a snow lover as well.

Jtrain80

Legendary
Do you know how to tell if someone is from Oklahoma?

They go outside to watch tornadoes.

Foreigners get all sorts of distraught. My Vietnamese corner store owner is ready to shut it down for the night and go home....@4:45 pm.

Srufiopunk28

Poster
Big weather expected next week. Tornado outbreak possible Tuesday pretty much all up and down the 35 cooridoor in Texas into Oklahoma and maybe Wednesday further east into Dixie and even up into the Great Lakes/Ohio Valley region. I'd say we see a pretty massive ramp up of severe weather going forward as the pattern shifts to a more favorable severe weather pattern.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Got a good one going on here boys down on the east coast. Three more cells should be coming through the night.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Haven't seen one of these over here. I figured I'd start it. Did the hurricane guys transfer over?

South east is getting a lot of snow today. Anyone experiencing it?
I've noticed that it starts to get dark right after the sun goes down! WTF is that all about! And then it stays dark until the sun comes back up! That is some heavy shit man! That's my weather conundrum.

TJHall1

Legendary
I've noticed that it starts to get dark right after the sun goes down! WTF is that all about! And then it stays dark until the sun comes back up! That is some heavy shit man! That's my weather conundrum.
tenor.gif

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder

Top Bottom