Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I don't know of any other denomination that has invested in, and is dependent on, a single date, as is the case with JW.

It is interesting that 30 years before 1914 the -then Bible Students- were pointing "forwards" to 1914 as the terminal point for the Wachtower Organisation's time line.
After that date and now for over ten decades JW have been pointing "backwards" to 1914.

JW claim that Christ began his invisible "presence" that year.
Taken on it's own merit this could be true.

The issue however, seems to be that the Governing Body of JW derive their claim to authority and its appointment as the administrative part of the faithful slave of God by foretelling this -and other- dates .
Is this sufficient reason to claim the right to be an earthly "government"?

The fact is that this "Governing Body" has allotted a time frame linked with 1914 that is proving too narrow for its fulfilment.
Is this becoming an embarrassment ?

Am I wrong?
Maybe a JW can explain this issue better.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Matthew 24:26 - So, if they say to you, ‘Look,he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.

Jesus Christ addressed this. When He comes back there will be no doubt.

Jesus is God. Christianity is Trinitarian.

Last edited:

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I don't know of any other denomination that has invested in, and is dependent on, a single date, as is the case with JW.

It is interesting that 30 years before 1914 the -then Bible Students- were pointing "forwards" to 1914 as the terminal point for the Wachtower Organisation's time line.
After that date and now for over ten decades JW have been pointing "backwards" to 1914.

JW claim that Christ began his invisible "presence" that year.
Taken on it's own merit this could be true.

The issue however, seems to be that the Governing Body of JW derive their claim to authority and its appointment as the administrative part of the faithful slave of God by foretelling this -and other- dates .
Is this sufficient reason to claim the right to be an earthly "government"?

The fact is that this "Governing Body" has allotted a time frame linked with 1914 that is proving too narrow for its fulfilment.
Is this becoming an embarrassment ?

Am I wrong?
Maybe a JW can explain this issue better.
Isn't Austria like where the top pedophiles are from and Bavaria?

Latest posts

Top Bottom