Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

190% debt to GDP for the US by 2023

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
Gonna be buying hella gold and silver.

What are people using to buy these?

Will drink bleach if I miss this opportunity / get caught in the market as a new investor.
The time to stack precious metals may have passed.

APMEX is one of the biggest online dealers and their inventory is down and the premiums over the spot price of Silver is crazy high right now.
yy.PNG

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder

Will drink bleach if I miss this opportunity / get caught in the market as a new investor.
I forget what I read the other day but they were saying that we might add more debt this year than Trumps 4 years. It's exponential at this point. No way we even pretend we can ever pay it back. A few countries are already starting a new petro currency.

BigBucnNole

Elite
Debt is just a number, and as long as revenue grows faster than debt service (thus keeping debt payments an equal percent of the budget year in and year out), you can theoretically borrow forever. I worry more about the population bomb where a combination of rising government expenditures as a percent of gdp compensates for an aging workforce. Under that frame work we almost need something like illegal immigration to keep fresh arms coming in.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Debt is just a number, and as long as revenue grows faster than debt service (thus keeping debt payments an equal percent of the budget year in and year out), you can theoretically borrow forever. I worry more about the population bomb where a combination of rising government expenditures as a percent of gdp compensates for an aging workforce. Under that frame work we almost need something like illegal immigration to keep fresh arms coming in.
That's kinda the problem with woke government though. Increased taxes, regulations, energy cost, labor cost... how the fvck do you grow faster than inflation at that point? We are going to add 10% to the debt this year and grow at 1%.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

Because all the illegal immigrants pay their taxes?

BigBucnNole

Elite
That's kinda the problem with woke government though. Increased taxes, regulations, energy cost, labor cost... how the fvck do you grow faster than inflation at that point? We are going to add 10% to the debt this year and grow at 1%.

Debt service is only about 1.6% of gdp though and the recent deficit increase has been tied to multiple covid packages. Just to kind of put it in perspective, let's pretend you made $60k a year and borrowed $120k, if you had the US debt service ratio, you'd be paying about $80 bucks a month.

Inflation wise, as long as the rest of the world is going through crazy shit, they’ll always flock to the dollar. Whether it was the migrant issue, covid, or their own population bomb other countries are going to keep up the steady demand for the dollar which is going to keep the value high and inflation low.

And let’s say things do stabilize in the next 2 or 3 years internationally, a lower dollar means the US is more competitive internationally. You’ll get foreign direct investment into this country and a boost in output heading to other countries. I think we’ve kept the dollar value a little high the past decade or two to help our own manufacturing base slip into new markets and net a higher return on margin while inadvertently fvcking over middle class Americans.

Last edited:

BigBucnNole

Elite
Because all the illegal immigrants pay their taxes?

They pay some taxes like sales and gross receipts. But that doesn’t really matter, even if they paid income taxes and bought houses, it’s still only 11 million people probably qualifying for EIC’s before they ever paid. They also don’t buy homes and every dollar they earn would go back to Mexico regardless. That’s why I said “almost.” Wait til the African food and water crises hit in the next 20 years and we get a huge influx of them.

Sgfeer

Legendary
Founder
I forget what I read the other day but they were saying that we might add more debt this year than Trumps 4 years. It's exponential at this point. No way we even pretend we can ever pay it back. A few countries are already starting a new petro currency.

Better be careful, that was what Khaddafi wanted to do, HRC and Barry took care of that

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
They pay some taxes like sales and gross receipts. But that doesn’t really matter, even if they paid income taxes and bought houses, it’s still only 11 million people probably qualifying for EIC’s before they ever paid. They also don’t buy homes and every dollar they earn would go back to Mexico regardless. That’s why I said “almost.” Wait til the African food and water crises hit in the next 20 years and we get a huge influx of them.
We're gonna need more walls.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
The time to stack precious metals may have passed.

APMEX is one of the biggest online dealers and their inventory is down and the premiums over the spot price of Silver is crazy high right now.
View attachment 6489

Amazing the difference between spot and the Silver Eagles now. Up until the last month or so you could buy them 10%-20% above spot. For years it was closer to the 10% mark. Looking at that we're talking 40% above or better. Those silver rounds are still in a reasonable place compared to spot.

G

Greeneyes113

Kitco is my go to.

These guys do some videos covering a wide range of subjects that I’ve found helpful.

One thing I learned early on is to shop for the best premium you can find (up charge by the dealer over the spot price). Typically larger sizes are cheaper overall than smaller. Meaning a 10 oz bar will be cheaper than buying 10 - 1 oz bars or coins.

Top Bottom