Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

šŸŠMan Claims He Turned Down Deal To Free Paul Whelan

Rube Reaper

Elite
Former President Donald Trumpclaimed he turned down a deal to free former Marine Paul Whelan from a Russian prison while he was in office after a former White House national security official said Trump was ā€œnot particularly interestedā€ in the case.

MalO

Elite
This makes me wonder if he was actually a spy or not. If he was just a stupid tourist and the Russians opportunistically imprisoned him in order to get their arms dealer back, yeah the president would drag his heels on that.

In the end people need to realize our Constitution cannot protect you if you travel to a foreign country. You exist under thier laws during your visit and if they have tyrannical laws you could end up in prison for no good reason.

This is why I refuse to watch stupid youtube videos about visiting North Korea. If you're an American and you're stupid enough to step foot in North Korea, you're stupid enough to get tortured to death. I will not watch your video you do not deserve views, likes, subscribers, or ad revenue. You're a dumbass and don't deserve any praise whatsoever.

I'm sad that relations between our two countries has deteriorated to this point. This is petty shit that should have been left behind in the Cold War.

MalO

Elite
Now Whelan aside, should biden have traded the arms dealer for Griner?

She got 9 years in prison for less than a gram of hash oil. That's barely enough for one dose isn't it? That's personal use. She wasn't smuggling drugs into Russia for the drug trade (and I doubt Russia has much of a trade for hash oil) and nobody was at risk of being hurt by a crime.

9 years was way too much. It was obviously a trumped up charge and she was being railroaded into prison specifically for a prisoner exchange.

Let's just come out and acknowledge what this was. Griner was held hostage by the Russian government. biden negotiated with terrorists to free the hostage by giving the terrorists exactly what they wanted - one of their fellow terrorists set free from prison.

I thought we didn't negotiate with terrorists?

Apparently we do if it's a celebrity being held hostage.

MalO

Elite
Lesson to be learned: If you are going to be a terrorist, make sure your hostages are a high enough profile that the government will actually want to negotiate with you.

Celebrity or DC politician at minimum.

Top Bottom