Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Would gold and silver actually be useful in an economic collapse?

PleasureMoose

Legendary
1635367896544.jpg

Chances are if the economy collapses people would probably prefer to barter than exchange goods for currency. I can see that stocking up on canned food, cooking oils, tools, propane and medical equipment as a good way to barter for other goods during an economic collapse, but realistically who would accept a gold coin when they are looking to fulfill basic necessities?

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
It will make you incredibly rich if there is a recovery after the collapse. during shit hitting the fan idk how useful it will be. probably not very idk tho. when people become people again and no longer animals it can make you very rich.
I’m talking using for wiring and boards for people who went solar or battery and still have some power to a degree.

There will be people who still boogey even if shit gets fucked up and conductive material will be valuable to certain folks besides it’s obvious value as a bartering item.

PleasureMoose

Legendary
I’m talking using for wiring and boards for people who went solar or battery and still have some power to a degree.

There will be people who still boogey even if shit gets fucked up and conductive material will be valuable to certain folks besides it’s obvious value as a bartering item.
forsure. imagine how valuable capacitors and relays will be... they're sitting right outside peoples homes in their air conditioning systems. Almost every single electrical component will be of major value.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
1635367896544.jpg

Chances are if the economy collapses people would probably prefer to barter than exchange goods for currency. I can see that stocking up on canned food, cooking oils, tools, propane and medical equipment as a good way to barter for other goods during an economic collapse, but realistically who would accept a gold coin when they are looking to fulfill basic necessities?
If the economy collapses how will you barter? I’ll give you 15 donkeys if you build me a barn. But what if I don’t need donkeys?

Gold is an important medium of exchange.

But you should buy crypto instead, it’s better than gold in many ways. Gold is heavy, hard to transport large quantities

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
If the economy collapses how will you barter? I’ll give you 15 donkeys if you build me a barn. But what if I don’t need donkeys?

But you should buy crypto instead, it’s better than gold in many ways. Gold is heavy, hard to transport large quantities
Better hope you have internet, electric, and that the wallet is still up for both parties or you might run into issues…

Decent troll tho 😎

PleasureMoose

Legendary

stacking gold will put you at a massive advantage over the 90% of people who hold nothing but their house and their car with zero knowledge of what crypto currency even is. gold and silver is actually money.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
1635367896544.jpg

I like to believe iron and gas

Edit to add
In a collapse I'm going to my house

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
stacking gold will put you at a massive advantage over the 90% of people who hold nothing but their house and their car with zero knowledge of what crypto currency even is. gold and silver is actually money.
One well placed piece of steel and I get all your imaginary gold tough guy

Edit to add
Jk

PleasureMoose

Legendary
I think it would depend.

If you have a hyperinflation scenario, PMs would hold their value. And then the situation following that where you could exchange the metals for new currency.
Yeah it really does depend on the situation. gold and silver are the most manipulated assets in the history of mankind if gold and silver finally break free from the bank manipulators who knows how rich it'll make people. Coins were basically made to barter with... people just seem to recognize PMs

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
1635367896544.jpg

I’ve started building a distillery for the down turn. Liquid gold. 😉

Emma tenywa

Elite
I don't think it will because the majority of the people don't have access to these metals and whoever has access will resort to hoarding and not spending. If barter becomes the order of the day,i think it will be ordinary goods for ordinary goods,,,,and the precious gems and metals will be bartered by the rich and for bigger things IMO

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Interesting fact - with gold trading approximately $1805 an ounce the market cap of all the "above ground" gold on earth is approximately $11 Trillion dollars.

Top Bottom