Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Will Trevor Lawrence be a flop in the NFL?

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Trevor Lawrence is off to an 0-4 start with the jaguars this year and to be honest he doesn't look great. Do you all think he will come around and have a good career or is he going to be a dud and just be another average QB?

Joe Montana has an interesting thought that the college offenses are just too simple and QB's are not ready to properly read defenses when they get to the NFL. Some truth to that probably.

Not sure if the Urban drama will help or hurt. Maybe it will take some attention off of lawrence sucking and give him a little breathing room.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Trevor Lawrence is off to an 0-4 start with the jaguars this year and to be honest he doesn't look great. Do you all think he will come around and have a good career or is he going to be a dud and just be another average QB?

Joe Montana has an interesting thought that the college offenses are just too simple and QB's are not ready to properly read defenses when they get to the NFL. Some truth to that probably.

Not sure if the Urban drama will help or hurt. Maybe it will take some attention off of lawrence sucking and give him a little breathing room.

Externally he is a 10. Mentally it appears he is a 3. Brains over braun every time.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
He is talented. I kinda think ot is the jags more than Lawrence. Probably a lot like Darnold w the panthers. Sucked at jets but change of scenery helped. Plus Meyer is a fuck up

Cre8ive

Founder
He is talented. I kinda think ot is the jags more than Lawrence. Probably a lot like Darnold w the panthers. Sucked at jets but change of scenery helped. Plus Meyer is a fuck up
I hope so. I don't wish to see any athlete fail due to circumstances beyond their control.

Cre8ive

Founder
The dude was possibly the best qb I have seen in person. I'd imagine Jacksonville is a death sentence. Hell Urban isn't going to make it 1 year. Dysfunctional isn't descriptive enough for that dumpster fire
Urban is a ticking time bomb. Often a change of head coach can completely turn a team, and most of it's players, into champions. It's all in the head at the pro level. Trevor was drafted #1 for a reason. He's got the equipment, now he needs the knowledge for the pros.

AgEngDawg

Legendary

Ask any team that has drafted an Ohio State qb.

Last edited:

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Yeah, you would think Urban would be a good fit with Lawrence but maybe not. Doesn't sound like Urban has a whole lot of respect on the team from the reports coming out after the "dancing" incident.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Urban is a ticking time bomb. Often a change of head coach can completely turn a team, and most of it's players, into champions. It's all in the head at the pro level. Trevor was drafted #1 for a reason. He's got the equipment, now he needs the knowledge for the pros.
Agreed. Hopefully he keeps studying the game and gets better. I want to see him succeed, always had a good attitude and seemed like a good dude.

mrt

Elite
I had to do some fact checking for who he is, he is the quarterback that was busy blowing kisses to his fans after scoring on LSU in the championship. After his kisses he promptly got his ass whooped. He won't be successful, he is a wuss. If my memory serves me right Georgia and the rest of the SEC beat him senseless before he graduated. One comment above is correct, he cannot read the NFL defenses, it was all about himself on his run for The Heisman. mho

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Tony Elliott is a twat and a terrible OC. He did basically nothing to prepare TL for the NFL, unless you consider TL having to audible out of awful play calls about half of the time as preparing him in some way.

With that said, TL has not looked awful. He's gotten plenty of praise. Keep in mind that his team had the #1 pick for a very good reason. He going to be fine. But just like every high draft pick QB, he really needs that team to build around him ASAP.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Tony Elliott is a twat and a terrible OC. He did basically nothing to prepare TL for the NFL, unless you consider TL having to audible out of awful play calls about half of the time as preparing him in some way.

With that said, TL has not looked awful. He's gotten plenty of praise. Keep in mind that his team had the #1 pick for a very good reason. He going to be fine. But just like every high draft pick QB, he really needs that team to build around him ASAP.

I have never really understood how a RB coach could be an OC.

The offense is about the QB. The QB coach should be OC.

Cre8ive

Founder
I have never really understood how a RB coach could be an OC.

The offense is about the QB. The QB coach should be OC.
I have never hear Trevor Lawrence interviewed or seen him speak at all. Is he articulate? do you get the impression he is smart and has an above average I.Q.?

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
I have never hear Trevor Lawrence interviewed or seen him speak at all. Is he articulate? do you get the impression he is smart and has an above average I.Q.?
He is articulate, always calm, and quite intelligent. There's a bunch of reasons why he is considered the most can't miss prospect since Andrew Luck. And they're not wrong.

TheGratefulReb

Neanderthal in Chief
Founder
Rookie on a shit team, with a shit person HC. He's got the tools.

The gap from college to pros is much wider than gap from high school to college.

College playbook, half an inch thick. Pro playbook, encyclopedia thickness

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder

The gap from college to pros is much wider than gap from high school to college.

Cre8ive

Founder

They did that to Archie Manning when they put him on the New Orleans Saints

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Jags move to 0-5. Lawrence had a better game. Only one interception and that was on the last play of the game. He had trouble picking up a 4th and 1 with a QB sneak for the second week in a row.

1633970853207.png

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Jags move to 0-5. Lawrence had a better game. Only one interception and that was on the last play of the game. He had trouble picking up a 4th and 1 with a QB sneak for the second week in a row.

View attachment 53208

Lawrence is going to be fine. Kyler Murray looked terrible his first year and has done a lot better with experience.......and Kyler is even coached by a metrosexual.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
It really is a crap shoot with today's QB's coming up from college. The new spread offense doesn't teach these kids the necessity of going through progressions. If your first option is covered, run it.
You either have to be an exceptional athlete(Jackson) or develop quickly with the right instruction(Mahomes). The NFL QB graveyard is littered with a bunch of recent RPO QB's.
Despite the new offenses, there still some inherent truths about NFL offenses:
- You have to make plays from the pocket(Brady).
- You have to be able to run when the D knows you want to run.
Have to be able to do both of those consistently in the NFL to win IMO.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
It really is a crap shoot with today's QB's coming up from college. The new spread offense doesn't teach these kids the necessity of going through progressions. If your first option is covered, run it.
You either have to be an exceptional athlete(Jackson) or develop quickly with the right instruction(Mahomes). The NFL QB graveyard is littered with a bunch of recent RPO QB's.
Despite the new offenses, there still some inherent truths about NFL offenses:
- You have to make plays from the pocket(Brady).
- You have to be able to run when the D knows you want to run.
Have to be able to do both of those consistently in the NFL to win IMO.
I agree with you but Brady is the exception. He doesn't need to run. Agree on everyone else.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
I agree with you but Brady is the exception. He doesn't need to run. Agree on everyone else.

Cause he's able to make plays from the pocket better than anyone that's played the position. And I'm not a Brady fan either.
I'm a Falcon's fan and was completely bought in during the MV years. The dude as dynamic. But good D's forced him to win from the pocket. He wasn't at his best then. Same goes for Jackson. Teams that force him to stay in the pocket stand a better chance of winning. He has to consistently perform there.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Cause he's able to make plays from the pocket better than anyone that's played the position. And I'm not a Brady fan either.
I'm a Falcon's fan and was completely bought in during the MV years. The dude as dynamic. But good D's forced him to win from the pocket. He wasn't at his best then. Same goes for Jackson. Teams that force him to stay in the pocket stand a better chance of winning. He has to consistently perform there.
MV was a true dual talent. He could run and throw with the best of them. Miss watching him play.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Trevor with his first NFL win today throwing for 319 yards and 1 TD.

Jags were playing the Dolphins in London and pulled out the W on a last second field goal.
Meyer’s coaching is really doing wonders for him and that organization.

They don’t look dead in the water anymore.

Top Bottom