Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wife’s hospital switched brands of Rituximab

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Didn’t put in a prior authorization with the insurance company.

Got a 23,000 balance on our latest EOB.

Health insurance companies make Google and Facebook seem like saints.

That’s all.
Shit, sorry you have to deal with that. Health insurance is such a pain in the ass. Hope your wife is OK

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Shit, sorry you have to deal with that. Health insurance is such a pain in the ass. Hope your wife is OK
I’ve got it all straightened out with the hospital already but she shouldn’t have to deal with that stress of thinking that’s a thing on top of trying to recover.

If those codes don’t run through properly they just tell folks to go kick rocks and it’s criminal.

She is doing well by most standards tho. Cleveland Clinic has been as described. Hearing stage IV cancer is fucking scary.

They’re also the ones who were brave enough to say if you’ve had the China virus you don’t need the vaccine.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Didn’t put in a prior authorization with the insurance company.

Got a 23,000 balance on our latest EOB.

Health insurance companies make Google and Facebook seem like saints.

That’s all.

They are crooks, for sure. Everybody has a story about insurance companies fucking them. I had a cervical disc replaced a few years hack. Pre-approved by blue cross, of course. Had to jump through hoops, while my back killed me for 6 months. Then after surgery, they refuse to pay for a surgical assistant who was there. My neurosurgeon said he always has two assistants for this procedure. Blue cross said he only needed 1, so I had to pay the difference...anything they can pull to not pay, and fuck you, they will absolutely pull.🤬 Think that cost me a little over a grand, can't remember the details.

America 1st

Founder
They are crooks, for sure. Everybody has a story about insurance companies fucking them. I had a cervical disc replaced a few years hack. Pre-approved by blue cross, of course. Had to jump through hoops, while my back killed me for 6 months. Then after surgery, they refuse to pay for a surgical assistant who was there. My neurosurgeon said he always has two assistants for this procedure. Blue cross said he only needed 1, so I had to pay the difference...anything they can pull to not pay, and fuck you, they will absolutely pull.🤬 Think that cost me a little over a grand, can't remember the details.
I’ve been against the idea of “health insurance” ever since I got licensed and worked in it.

Insurance, by law and definition, is supposed to make people whole after a loss. That can easily be done with a car or a house. However, I don’t know one mother fucker that has ever felt “whole” regardless of how much a health insurance company paid.

People’s health, and lives, can’t be made whole with money which is why “insuring” people’s health is always going to be a broken / half baked system.

Simply creating a new chapter of bankruptcy for medical bills is the solution IYAM. The government already spends hundreds of billions on people’s health so we might as well cut out the middle men insurance companies and bring cost down while getting folks the care they need.

Tell_Sackett

Poster
My 82 year old mother was diagnosed with diffuse large B cell lymphoma 2 years ago. Her chemo and radiation treatment did not get it. Her proton radiation got the remaining localized area but it spread to her skull, abdomen, and shoulder among a few other areas. She went on a Rituximab regimen with no additional chemo and she has been lymphoma free for 18 months! Prayers to you and your family that the immunotherapy works as well for you as it did for her.

America 1st

Founder
My 82 year old mother was diagnosed with diffuse large B cell lymphoma 2 years ago. Her chemo and radiation treatment did not get it. Her proton radiation got the remaining localized area but it spread to her skull, abdomen, and shoulder among a few other areas. She went on a Rituximab regimen with no additional chemo and she has been lymphoma free for 18 months! Prayers to you and your family that the immunotherapy works as well for you as it did for her.
I’m very happy to read this! Bless your mom!

They are hopeful that once we get rid of it and get her back to “healthy” that the rituximab would be able to clean anything up that might spring back up in the future now that she will be monitored (so hopefully we can catch it early).

Latest posts

Top Bottom