Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What's the Best Thing Somebody Has Ever Said to You?

Astragalus

Poster
Founder
My wife saying “I do” would probably be tops, followed by my kids saying “I love you” (like OP). Outside of that, a few years ago, I was on a medical mission trip to Haiti and a lady came in to clinic fresh off the street with a broken tibia and fibula (motorcycle accident). I had to try to reduce (set) her broken bones with no anesthesia and put her in a cast. That is an extremely excruciating process. She was in terrible pain, but barely made a sound when I was manipulating her bone and placing the cast. At the end, she simply said “merci doctor.” It about broke me.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Outside of my husband or kids....

The nicest thing anybody has ever said to me is that she loves coming to my home because it's so warm and comfortable. That means a lot to me. I want everybody to walk in (if you're in your jammies, even better) and feel like you can flop down and chill. Grab a blankie, a glass of whatever you want and just relax. Our friends and the kids' friends know not to bother to knock. Just come in.

There are times that my kids' friends are here even when we're not home. They just know that they're welcome, always. (They also know to take out the dogs 🤣).

No humble about the brag, I have a very cool house with a lot of history. The only reason the owner sold it to us is because I was the only one who didn't want to tear it down for the property and he liked my kids. His parents built the house and moved in when he was 6 months old. He never married and never moved. We bought it from him when he was 92 years old. It was the first house I walked into that felt like home instead of a house.

Last edited:

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
This is kinda a crazy question because I can't think of anything that anyone has ever said to me that really made an impression like the OP said.

Wedding vows are a cheap cop out so I guess I'll go with when my mom told me "then leave" when I was 15. Really turned me into the person I am today and made me realize that nobody gives a fuck about me in this world besides *maybe* my spouse if I keep a healthy relationship.

Last edited:

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
This is kinda a crazy question because I can't think of anything that anyone has ever said to me that really made an impression like the OP said.

Wedding vows are a cheap cop out so I guess I'll go with when my mom told me "then leave" when I was 15. Really turned me into the person I am today and made me realize that nobody gives a fuck about me in this world besides *maybe* my spouse if I keep a healthy relationship.
I do.

Without knowing you in person, I truly care about you and your wife.

How is she doing?

If y'all need anything (and don't hesitate to ask) please give me marching orders. I'm not that far away. And have a few carb laden dishes that travel easily. I'll deliver.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I do.

Without knowing you in person, I truly care about you and your wife.

How is she doing?

If y'all need anything (and don't hesitate to ask) please give me marching orders. I'm not that far away. And have a few carb laden dishes that travel easily. I'll deliver.
You're too kind.

She is good. We are well.

How is grad party season playing out?

Edit: my Ebros are the exception to the above. Y'all are the best frogs in the whole pond.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom