Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What to expect going forward

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
First off, the main forum is going to remain free of charge and have as few rules as we can get away with.

The members only board, currently title "tmb" (subject to change), will be a place focused on facilitating open and honest discussion. We will try and keep this forum free from trolls (both Libtard trolls and Qoomer trolls) and we are going to keep NSFW (mostly) off this forum because we know we have a wide range of members that want to participate in the community.

We are working on setting up a Patreon and we are going to have 3 tiers of membership:

Poor, Not Poor, and Lord

Poor will be $5/month and give access to the members only board.

Not poor will be $15/month and will give access to the members board and access to the Not Poor flair under your user name.

Lord will be $100/month and will give you access to the staff discord and let you aid in governing and directing the community going forward.

That's all for now.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
So where should my very important Rasslin' thread go? Main forum or this forum? Nothing is more important than this question.
Really up to you. I feel like you can have more fun with it being on “the main forum”

Molon Labe

MAGA Man
Founder
First off, the main forum is going to remain free of charge and have as few rules as we can get away with.

The members only board, currently title "tmb" (subject to change), will be a place focused on facilitating open and honest discussion. We will try and keep this forum free from trolls (both Libtard trolls and Qoomer trolls) and we are going to keep NSFW (mostly) off this forum because we know we have a wide range of members that want to participate in the community.

We are working on setting up a Patreon and we are going to have 3 tiers of membership:

Poor, Not Poor, and Lord

Not poor will be $15/month and will give access to the members board and access to the Not Poor flair under your user name.

Lord will be $100/month and will give you access to the staff discord and let you aid in governing and directing the community going forward.

That's all for now.
Love the new board but who the fuck is going to pay 15-100 dollars for a message board a month? Does it come with a complementary ps5?

Gators300

Savage Daemon
Founder

Poor, Not Poor, and Lord

That's all for now.
You should consider investors rather than hoping someone will pay $100 per month, IMO. Give equity in the company.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
You should consider investors rather than hoping someone will pay $100 per month, IMO. Give equity in the company.
That’s essentially what the $100/month tier is - we are gonna work on clarifying things - just wanted to give everyone a peak at the vision. $5 just to get access to the members only board.

FU_Rivals

Poster
Founder
I ran a vBulletin forum, you need SEO man. I used a plugin that turned every title into a long tail search worked well, it would grab the thread title + the 1st X number of words in the post to create a nice URL for Google. Look for any plugins that will help with SEO, you can't just rely on old tMB members.

If you are looking to monetize you need to make sure the NSFW threads are ok, I know google ads won't allow them, they'll ban you in a nanosecond.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I ran a vBulletin forum, you need SEO man. I used a plugin that turned every title into a long tail search worked well, it would grab the thread title + the 1st X number of words in the post to create a nice URL for Google. Look for any plugins that will help with SEO, you can't just rely on old tMB members.

If you are looking to monetize you need to make sure the NSFW threads are ok, I know google ads won't allow them, they'll ban you in a nanosecond.
I’m very familiar with SEO. Before we do anything else we’ve got to upgrade the server.

Also, I’m not looking at this as a profitable venture, just want to get resources flowing so we can get the right staff and constantly be improving.

Completely ignoring old tMB members and SEO we are gonna have pretty good growth from word of mouth from friends and family. But I’m trying to get the server upgraded before we see too much of that.

This forum here will remain free and open. In reality, I could give a shit how google likes ours site and would prefer not to be listed there.

VolsMadness

Poster
Founder
Just putting this out there, I’m not too happy that the plan is to make people pay to access tMB thread. Taking donated funds to create an alternative website was great, but making people pay for that when it was created and funded by donated funds doesn’t sit right with me.

croot_lord

Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Just putting this out there, I’m not too happy that the plan is to make people pay to access tMB thread. Taking donated funds to create an alternative website was great, but making people pay for that when it was created and funded by donated funds doesn’t sit right with me.

Just made a post addressing this on the main board. I promise we won't be taking anything away or denying anything form the original founders.

PelagicDawg

Poster
You need to be careful charging people for this board too soon or a shit pile of folks will bail. You need to make this place extremely “cool” and “desirable” before you do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom