Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What Russia’s economy will look like in 5 years

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
So it’ll be a top heavy economy where the oligarchy is incredibly wealthy & the average Russian plods along. Not much new.

Meanwhile EU continues to present a strong face on paper with heavy sanctions while in reality purchasing the same Russian oil repackaged through proxy countries at higher rates using ruble exchanges & much of our weaponry is now turning up on black market sites.

TJHall1

Legendary
So it’ll be a top heavy economy where the oligarchy is incredibly wealthy & the average Russian plods along. Not much new.

Meanwhile EU continues to present a strong face on paper with heavy sanctions while in reality purchasing the same Russian oil repackaged through proxy countries at higher rates using ruble exchanges & much of our weaponry is now turning up on black market sites.
OP thinks this war is ruining Russia. He's extremely naive.

TJHall1

Legendary
Wasn't it these same experts that told us the Ruble would collapse 6 months ago?
These clowns, and OP, think Putin doesn't know what he's doing. Shits going just as he'd like it to. He doesn't look ruthless, doesn't care if some of his troops die. He's playing the long game and naive people like OP think he doesn't know what he's doing.

The problem with only seeing western centric views is we wind up missing a few things

Here is a good break down of that relationship and how much of a cuck Russia is going to be to China moving forward. Russia will likely be a 2nd world country for the rest of its future due to these sanctions. Hell even regime change and major political shakeup in Russia are possibilities at this point.

Jtrain80

Legendary
Here is a good break down of that relationship and how much of a cuck Russia is going to be to China moving forward. Russia will likely be a 2nd world country for the rest of its future due to these sanctions. Hell even regime change and major political shakeup in Russia are possibilities at this point.

From the same folks that said the vaccine was safe and effective and that Joe Biden could fix the country.

GTFOH with that shit.

The rest of the world is waking up to the fact that they don't have to answer to the globohomo's.

TJHall1

Legendary

images

The Ruble is at a 5 year high after all the attacks we made on it. Even Joe Biden, the most popular president in US history, said that his sanctions would crush the ruble. If Joe was wrong on this.... What else could he be wrong on?
Russian inflation is at roughly 20% with their central bank forcing interest rates at over 10%. Don’t be fooled by the propping up of the Ruble for a couple months. This is about how thing will look years from now.

Here is just one example of how fucked they are:

Furthermore, the Ruble is down over 50% over a 10 year period, even with the sudden spike, so it’s not exactly like the Ruble is doing well against the dollar by any stretch of the imagination.

At much as I hate Hoe Biden he was right that the sanctions will continue to crush the ruble over time.

Last edited:

TJHall1

Legendary
Russian inflation is at roughly 20% with their central bank forcing interest rates at over 10%. Don’t be fooled by the propping up of the Ruble for a couple months. This is about how thing will look years from now.

Furthermore, the Ruble is down over 50% over a 10 year period, even with the sudden spike, so it’s not exactly like the Ruble is doing well against the dollar by any stretch of the imagination.

At much as I hate Hoe Biden he was right that the sanctions will continue to crush the ruble over time.

Watching you continue to spin this, for weeks now, is hilarious.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary

Not too sure I want a completely dysfunctional Russia under China's thumb, but that does seem to be where things could be headed.

Not too sure I want a completely dysfunctional Russia under China's thumb, but that does seem to be where things could be headed.
I agree completely.

That’s the problem with countries like Russia and China is that they are always beholden to their consumers / the purchasers.

The best hope would be Russia getting some little brother syndrome then fucking with Chin’s energy supply after China has become dependent on their energy.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder

I'd argue that Russians are able to suffer through hard times because that's about all they've known since the 1920's. We, on the other hand, are going to have to convince our soy latte drinking children that the rolling blackouts aren't Putin's fault and we aren't saving the planet from certain doom by 2030. Yea Russia is gonna go through bad times but the whole world is going to go through shit the next few years. Gas hit $10 in California. Most of our ports and tons of our vegetables come out of Cali.

It's not like our inflation is going to stop or even slow. Everything I've read is saying 5% inflation for the rest of 2022 is the best case scenario. It's more likely to be 10% range. Its "cut off your nose to spite your face". Russia isn't going to suffer in a vacuum. We are going to pay for every barrel of oil they don't sell. We are going to pay for every car they don't sell. We are going to pay for every McDonalds that closes and every movie that gets pirated instead sending money back to the US.

If you measured US inflation by 1980 standards we are in the 17% range. So if Russia is at 20 and we are 17... who is being punished?

Ps to add.... Saudi Arabia is going to sell oil to China in Yuan. What will that do to inflation at home?

TJHall1

Legendary
I'd argue that Russians are able to suffer through hard times because that's about all they've known since the 1920's. We, on the other hand, are going to have to convince our soy latte drinking children that the rolling blackouts aren't Putin's fault and we aren't saving the planet from certain doom by 2030. Yea Russia is gonna go through bad times but the whole world is going to go through shit the next few years. Gas hit $10 in California. Most of our ports and tons of our vegetables come out of Cali.

It's not like our inflation is going to stop or even slow. Everything I've read is saying 5% inflation for the rest of 2022 is the best case scenario. It's more likely to be 10% range. Its "cut off your nose to spite your face". Russia isn't going to suffer in a vacuum. We are going to pay for every barrel of oil they don't sell. We are going to pay for every car they don't sell. We are going to pay for every McDonalds that closes and every movie that gets pirated instead sending money back to the US.

If you measured US inflation by 1980 standards we are in the 17% range. So if Russia is at 20 and we are 17... who is being punished?

Ps to add.... Saudi Arabia is going to sell oil to China in Yuan. What will that do to inflation at home?
But at least we're bringing Putin down a peg or two!! Right OP??!!

I’m not sure what you’re arguing here.

Are you suggesting that because we are seeing above average inflation here in the US that it is somehow going to entice the US public to want to lift sanctions on Russia in an attempt to bring it down?

If you are then I would flatly disagree. The sanctions will remain through at least the end of the decade.

Protected trade like sanctions on Russia or tariffs on China are going to be a major part of US foreign / trade policy for the foreseeable future.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
I’m not sure what you’re arguing here.

Are you suggesting that because we are seeing above average inflation here in the US that it is somehow going to entice the US public to want to lift sanctions on Russia in an attempt to bring it down?

If you are then I would flatly disagree. The sanctions will remain through at least the end of the decade.

Protected trade like sanctions on Russia or tariffs on China are going to be a major part of US foreign / trade policy for the foreseeable future.
One of the major problems with many of these sanctions is that we & the EU continue to work around them while claiming to enforce them.

They’ve been using proxy states & ruble exchanges to continue buying Russian oil, which adds to the end cost for all of us & does not shut off the flow of $$$ into Russia.

India is the latest to profit from these work arounds.

Material imports into Russia are hurting their populace, but their major exports (oil/gas/grains) continue to flow & continue to enrich the top levels.

There’s a lot of smoke & mirrors to the financial side of this war, that’s hurting general populations around the world while enriching the top levels.

Probably why there’s a reluctance from so many to descalate & negotiate

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
JFC..... @Croot_Overlord can we cancelled the ad campaign now? Its clearly been successful BUT we now are close to exceeding our maximum capacity for shitty trolls. Boats full....we need no more!!

One of the major problems with many of these sanctions is that we & the EU continue to work around them while claiming to enforce them.

They’ve been using proxy states & ruble exchanges to continue buying Russian oil, which adds to the end cost for all of us & does not shut off the flow of $$$ into Russia.

India is the latest to profit from these work arounds.

Material imports into Russia are hurting their populace, but their major exports (oil/gas/grains) continue to flow & continue to enrich the top levels.

There’s a lot of smoke & mirrors to the financial side of this war, that’s hurting general populations around the world while enriching the top levels.

Probably why there’s a reluctance from so many to descalate & negotiate
I definitely think you are over the target with most of this.

I think we all expected India to work around the sanctions with the historically neutral position they have always taken between the USSR and the US.

Germany is the country I expected more from to date. They needed to be willing to end Russian energy immediately even if it meant some economic pain in the short term.

It’s sad the common peoples around the globe will have to suffer because these countries’ leaders allowed their countries to become dependent on unstable supply chains.

Top Bottom