Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What are you doing with your money?

ThreadBot

Poster
If Biden’s Capital Gains Tax increase is passed, where are you putting your money? The economic chaos is going to be profound. Liberals laugh at CG tax increases because they think that this will “get the rich.” Stupidly, they fail to realize that their 401K’s, ROTH IRA’s and PENSIONS are all invested in the stock market. Those retirement plans of yours are going to largely evaporate with Jim and the libs in charge. And that, my friends, is the goal. Great job libs.

44Bobcats55

Elite
Founder
I was listening to David Webb and his guest said that the proposal is to make the CG hike retroactive to January 2021. If that passes you will take an extra 23% hit if you liquidate an asset. Effectively keeping you where you are until economic sanity returns.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
You move to value stocks over growth stocks, large hedge position in metals and commodity and ride out the 2-3 percent growth per year.

The tax going retroactive isn’t likely. I have heard that they will try and eliminate 1031 exchanges. Sorry real estate guys if that happens.
Not that it will matter in regards to a correction but isn't the proposed 43% rate only for those making more than 400k a year or did that change / I read that wrong?

Not that it will matter in regards to a correction but isn't the proposed 43% rate only for those making more than 400k a year or did that change / I read that wrong?

Families making over 400k. that’s what the White House is saying. But anyone who is seriously concerned about capital gains likely meets that threshold.

I’m already preparing for it. Doing everything I can to get my income down. More conferences that my family comes along. Bought a fun car off the factory line and did a one pay lease through the business. Other capital expenditures for small start up’s as a way of parking income. Basically anything you can spend on that comes off the top rather than a post income deduction

downside is I’m not as liquid. But inflation is here so cash is quickly loosing value. Home prices are outrageous. If 1031 exchanges go away, short term commercial real estate is fucked. So got to do something. I should have trusted my gut and gone 100 percent exon after the COVID crash. But My brain said trump would win, so couldn’t pull the all in bet.

basically pick your poison. But don’t hoard cash. You’ll lose your ass.

America 1st

Founder
Families making over 400k. that’s what the White House is saying. But anyone who is seriously concerned about capital gains likely meets that threshold.

I’m already preparing for it. Doing everything I can to get my income down. More conferences that my family comes along. Bought a fun car off the factory line and did a one pay lease through the business. Other capital expenditures for small start up’s as a way of parking income. Basically anything you can spend on that comes off the top rather than a post income deduction

downside is I’m not as liquid. But inflation is here so cash is quickly loosing value. Home prices are outrageous. If 1031 exchanges go away, short term commercial real estate is fucked. So got to do something. I should have trusted my gut and gone 100 percent exon after the COVID crash. But My brain said trump would win, so couldn’t pull the all in bet.

I don't know a single family that meets this criteria but appreciate you really spelling it out.

Last edited:

QuanChi

Elite

Exon = Exxon?

America 1st

Founder
Well it’s a big difference between individual income vs family income.
I find it hard to believe that you don’t know anyone who makes over 400k a year?
Not here in NEO.

That would be two doctors being married to each other essentially.

People round these parts are pore 😂

skoolbyrd

Poster
Eliminating 1031 Exchanges will dry up the investor market in RE. People will hold instead of trading and cap gains will accrue until somebody dies. Then their kids will have to pay it under new estate tax laws. They are doing to best to make sure Uncle Sam gets his piece of your pie.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Eliminating 1031 Exchanges will dry up the investor market in RE. People will hold instead of trading and cap gains will accrue until somebody dies. Then their kids will have to pay it under new estate tax laws. They are doing to best to make sure Uncle Sam gets his piece of your pie.
They want to scare people more to get out than to stay in.

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
My understanding is that you go from 23% Capitol gains tax to 43% only if you sell land or equites over $400,000.00. So for a personal investor, you most likely won’t break the threshold.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

MikeHunt78

Poster
My understanding is that you go from 23% Capitol gains tax to 43% only if you sell land or equites over $400,000.00. So for a personal investor, you most likely won’t break the threshold.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
I believe what’s been primarily pushed by Biden so far is the idea that a person who makes over $1 million in a tax year (including all ordinary income and capital gains; probably going by Adjusted Gross Income) would essentially pay ordinary income tax rates (39.6%) on their capital gains instead of 20%.

They’re also pushing the idea that we should eliminate the step-up in basis that occurs with inherited property which is also a terrible idea.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
401k will rebalance to money market, bonds an a little equities.
IRA has 10 and 30 year govt. bonds.
I also am putting any extra in BTC and alt coins. 10-15 year outlook on the cryptos.

AMSO

Elite
Founder
401k will rebalance to money market, bonds an a little equities.
IRA has 10 and 30 year govt. bonds.
I also am putting any extra in BTC and alt coins. 10-15 year outlook on the cryptos.
Cliffs on the 10-15 year outlook, and what alt coins?

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
Maybe that’s the goal so government or big business can buy up the real estate instead of us.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Cliffs on the 10-15 year outlook, and what alt coins?
Bitcoin does a halving every 4 years where the new supply is cut in half. It happened last spring and takes 6 to 8 months to take effect with price increases. Looking at a long time interval I won’t freak out if the price dumps by 80 percent.. this just means to start loading up.

I have 80 percent in BTC, the. The other generally spread between etc, ltc, cardano, snynthetix, and a few others.

I have a BlockFi account but haven’t started using it yet. BlockFi will pay you interest.

Btw I am known for losing money so take this into account when evaluating my strategy.

lastly get the audiobook trading in he zone to help with the mental aspect.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary
Contributing to a SEP Ira, periodic purchases of silver/gold/ammo, repairing/replacing farm equipment, & periodic deposits into a coin base account my 15 yo son manages for us because I just don’t quite grasp crypto.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
Contributing to a SEP Ira, periodic purchases of silver/gold/ammo, repairing/replacing farm equipment, & periodic deposits into a coin base account my 15 yo son manages for us because I just don’t quite grasp crypto.
I am assuming you have a farm?
Right now that’s a good investment.

Renegadenole

Poster
Founder
Maybe that’s the goal so government or big business can buy up the real estate instead of us.
I sold a 13,000 sq ft commercial building to our local hospital back in February. Didn’t even bother doing a 1031. Nothing on the market worth buying right now.

Renegadenole

Poster
Founder
Bitcoin does a halving every 4 years where the new supply is cut in half. It happened last spring and takes 6 to 8 months to take effect with price increases. Looking at a long time interval I won’t freak out if the price dumps by 80 percent.. this just means to start loading up.

I have 80 percent in BTC, the. The other generally spread between etc, ltc, cardano, snynthetix, and a few others.

I have a BlockFi account but haven’t started using it yet. BlockFi will pay you interest.

Btw I am known for losing money so take this into account when evaluating my strategy.

lastly get the audiobook trading in he zone to help with the mental aspect.
BTC is the best longterm investment in the market today to hedge against inflation. If you’re thinking metals check out this debate.

Renegadenole

Poster
Founder

Most people with income over 400k who aren’t W2 earners just borrow against assets. They have what looks like very little income on a tax return. Why cash out assets and pay 25 percent capital gains when you can leverage the asset for 4 percent.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
BTC is the best longterm investment in the market today to hedge against inflation. If you’re thinking metals check out this debate.
This was a good debate. For me when Sailor pointed out the history of war and death over gold, he effectively nullified and reasons for metals.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

I have been saying it is here too. I can tell in my market and the supermarket.
Here the WH agrees but is still slowplaying IMO

Top Bottom