Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Very serious discussion. Yankees...your opinion is meh....

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
So, here I am in Oxford to move our girl home for the summer and FINALLY got into Ajax for dinner.

Of course, I had the country fried steak.

*Sidenote...there is a difference between country fried steak and chicken fried steak. I make a delicious chicken fried steak. Heart attack on the plate, but you'll die happy *

Anyway...here's the question. What do you put on yours?

Cream gravy, ketchup, or both. Hot sauce or chow chow?

I'm a gravy/ketchup girl and I mix in the corn and ocra with my mashed potatoes and gravy. My plate looks like a holy, delicious disaster/murder scene,

The waitress and my daughter's friends thought I was nuts. (To be fair, one of them is from Boston and I had to tell her she wanted gravy on her steak and she ordered French fries. We're slowly getting her there😂)

So...I'm just curious..

My one quibble with Ajax...the gravy is a brown, semi creamy gravy. The same gravy they serve on the pot roast. Just no.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
So, here I am in Oxford to move our girl home for the summer and FINALLY got into Ajax for dinner.

*Sidenote...there is a difference between country fried steak and chicken fried steak. I make a delicious chicken fried steak. Heart attack on the plate, but you'll die happy *

Anyway...here's the question. What fu you put on yours?

Cream gravy, ketchup, or both.

I'm a both girl and I mix in the corn and ocra with my mashed potatoes. My plate looks like a holy, delicious mess.

The waitress and my daughter's friends thought I was nuts. (To be fair, one of them is from Boston and I had to tell her she wanted gravy on her steak and she ordered French fries. We're slowly getting her there😂)

So...I'm just curious..
Gravy only. Only beef I ruin with ketchup is a hamburger.

I'm a gravy/ketchup girl and I mix in the corn and ocra with my mashed potatoes and gravy. My plate looks like a holy, delicious disaster/murder scene,

So...I'm just curious..

My one quibble with Ajax...the gravy is a brown, semi creamy gravy. The same gravy they serve on the pot roast. Just no.

Ketchup? Hard pass. Really on anything but maybe a hot dog or fries.

On to the gravy. Brown gravy? Is that a joke. There is a reason Mississippi is last in everything that matters, and it putting brown gravy on country fried steak only solidifies that.

TJHall1

Legendary
Correct answer:
Elementary lunch flying saucer
Fried bologna or whatever meat they picked that day
Perfectly circular scoop of fake mashed potatoes that taste better than any real potato you've ever eaten
Cheese sauce/hollandaise/great stuff that they spread over the top.

Unlimited refills at the 2% milk machine.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Ketchup? Hard pass. Really on anything but maybe a hot dog or fries.

On to the gravy. Brown gravy? Is that a joke. There is a reason Mississippi is last in everything that matters, and it putting brown gravy on country fried steak only solidifies that.
Ketchup with cream gravy on CFS is delicious. I've always eaten it that way. My dad does, too. But I also usually eat chicken fried steak. Not often I eat country fried steak. I'm a fried steak snob. 😂

And the brown gravy, sadly, was not a joke. 🥲

TJHall1

Legendary
Ketchup with cream gravy on CFS is delicious. I've always eaten it that way. My dad does, too. But I also usually eat chicken fried steak. Not often I eat country fried steak. I'm a fried steak snob. 😂

When are you going to post the videos of that fake street light story you made up to sound cool on the internet?

I do prefer chicken fried steak with chicken gravy or sawmill no other option. I don’t really eat either but maybe once a year or so but I may have to soon after this thread

TJHall1

Legendary

So...I'm just curious..

You've been watching this thread since you started it, why cant you answer my simple question? Why make up a story? To feel good on the internet?

D

Deleted member 2886

Correct answer:
Elementary lunch flying saucer
Fried bologna or whatever meat they picked that day
Perfectly circular scoop of fake mashed potatoes that taste better than any real potato you've ever eaten
Cheese sauce/hollandaise/great stuff that they spread over the top.

Unlimited refills at the 2% milk machine.
😂What is this 2% milk?
A brand?, Or literal 2% cow/goat/or other juice?, And if so what is the other 98%?,... water or something?
Suppose I could Google it, but I value your opinion much more than Googz.

😏I get cows milk from straight from bovine titties, so this 2% thing is just totally out the fuckin gate foreign to me aye.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
😂What is this 2% milk?
A brand?, Or literal 2% cow/goat/or other juice?, And if so what is the other 98%?,... water or something?
Suppose I could Google it, but I value your opinion much more than Googz.

😏I get cows milk from straight from bovine titties, so this 2% thing is just totally out the fuckin gate foreign to me aye.
I have no idea how the math works out, but in the US we have whole milk, 2%, 1% and skim.

2% milk is 2% fat, but it doesn’t make sense to me that they remove 98%. Im no expert though. Skim milk is just milk flavored water

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
If you gave an American milk straight from the Bovine they would probably vomit. I don't know exactly what they do to our milk but it taste very different from pure bovine milk imo.

D

Deleted member 2886

I have no idea how the math works out, but in the US we have whole milk, 2%, 1% and skim.

2% milk is 2% fat, but it doesn’t make sense to me that they remove 98%. Im no expert though. Skim milk is just milk flavored water
Oh true, hey thanks for helping me out with that.
The milk flavoured water bit nearly caused me to shit myself laughing🤣👍

Top Bottom