Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Very Intersting Email: Related to Infrastructure bill and Crypto

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Got this from Kraken (a crypto platform) just 20 minutes ago:

Hi John,

The U.S. Senate is beginning its final deliberations on a “must-pass” bipartisan infrastructure bill. However you feel about the bill, a few senators have included language having nothing to do with infrastructure – and this language could crush the crypto industry. If passed and signed into law, this bill would dramatically expand U.S. government surveillance over the entire crypto ecosystem.

Fortunately, Senators Wyden, Toomey and Lummis have introduced amendments that would fix the language and clarify that the expansion of the definition of a “broker” doesn’t apply to open source software developers or validators like miners or stakers.

@America 1st

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Email continued:

Help us preserve financial privacy and independence in crypto. Make your voice heard! Call 517-200-9518 and you’ll be automatically connected to your senator.

Tell them:

“Hi, I’m calling to ask that you support Senator Toomey, Wyden and Lummis’ amendment to the cryptocurrency provision of the infrastructure bill (H.R. 3684). Toomey’s amendment will ensure that the provision does not dramatically expand financial surveillance, harm innovation, or undermine human rights. Policies that impact basic freedom and the future of the Internet should be debated carefully and should never be attached to must-pass bills. Thank you.”

The Kraken Team

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I don’t know any of the details. But my guess is it’s going to fuck up the exchanges like Kraken (and not cryptocurrency in general) that have tried to skirt around regulations

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I don’t know any of the details. But my guess is it’s going to fuck up the exchanges like Kraken (and not cryptocurrency in general) that have tried to skirt around regulations
They are gonna make everyone who handles crypto, all the way down to the miners, report their activity to the IRS is the way I understand the language from previous reading.

America 1st

Founder

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I agree with this.

I think more regulation will legitimize cryptos and actually allow faster adoption.

not sure about the legislation yet, have t reviewed it

Luciano

Poster
Digital assets are here to stay and the gov knows it. This will sent Crypto assets even more mainstream. Also the new digital dollar will need to be tracked for tax purposes hence the need further RS/gov involvement.

America 1st

Founder
@Croot_Overlord

Kraken is owned by MasterCard. BTC is a MasterCard product.

Top Bottom