Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

US diesel shortage

racernhra

Elite
Founder
It’s all a part of the plan. I suppose if the deep state WEF weren’t worried about the election they wouldn’t be trying so hard to lower fuel prices despite the havoc they’re causing behind the curtain.

Rube Reaper

Elite
Probably just fascist propaganda to scare people into voting for the cult.

It would be great if it were true it all honesty. Less emissions if it runs out! 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Why is diesel rumored to run out of stock in less than 25 days?

We are not going to run out of stock in 25 days. That is a very inaccurate interpretation.

It says we have a 25 day supply. This means that if diesel production completely stopped we would run out in 25 days. But production is not going to completely stop so the runway for running out of diesel would be much longer.

#Fakenews fear mongering headline.

I'm not saying that it is not a concern, because it is. But just not nearly as alarming as the headlines suggest.

BigBucnNole

Elite
We are not going to run out of stock in 25 days. That is a very inaccurate interpretation.

It says we have a 25 day supply. This means that if diesel production completely stopped we would run out in 25 days. But production is not going to completely stop so the runway for running out of diesel would be much longer.

I'm not saying that it is not a concern, because it is. But just not nearly as alarming as the headlines suggest.

Everything is fear mongering these days. A lot of money to be made off the lazy and the retarded.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
It is true that we will continue to produce diesel so the 25 days isn't exactly true but what is true is that when we get to 24 day iventory the entire system will see shortages. Certain areas will see daily shortages. It's not that we will run out but a few towns and cities in the north east will be out of diesel a couple days a month for a while. Its expected to be less bad in the SE and the midwest and west shouldn't be as exposed.... which sucks because cali should be eating this dick they really helped to cause.

dirtytoeddawg

Legendary

Maybe it’s been this way, but I find it extremely concerning that we only have a production/storage/delivery infrastructure for an item this important with a less than 30 day window should a major disruption occur.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Maybe it’s been this way, but I find it extremely concerning that we only have a production/storage/delivery infrastructure for an item this important with a less than 30 day window should a major disruption occur.
Supposedly 25 days is 50-60% Normal capacity. So about 50 days worth is normal supply.

There is some concern though, diesel prices are higher than gas prices by a significant amount right now.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Everything has a shelf life. Ever leave gas in a weedeater or boat motor? I'm putting my head in the sand on this one . We used to save using diesel fuel. We are switching over to gas trucks at work as we buy new trucks. In SC there is no benefit using it ove4 gas anymore

Everything has a shelf life. Ever leave gas in a weedeater or boat motor? I'm putting my head in the sand on this one . We used to save using diesel fuel. We are switching over to gas trucks at work as we buy new trucks. In SC there is no benefit using it ove4 gas anymore
New diesel trucks suck ass.............sure they have a bunch of power (way over what is needed), ut the operating costs and maintenance of new diesels is a wallet burner. I have a 2015 3500 GMC, 4wd, 6.0 SBC, and it will pull all my tools and a 13000 (actual) lbs trailer all through charlotte. I had a 2013 duramax, that left me stranded 4 times before the warranty ran out.

racernhra

Elite
Founder
New diesel trucks suck ass.............sure they have a bunch of power (way over what is needed), ut the operating costs and maintenance of new diesels is a wallet burner. I have a 2015 3500 GMC, 4wd, 6.0 SBC, and it will pull all my tools and a 13000 (actual) lbs trailer all through charlotte. I had a 2013 duramax, that left me stranded 4 times before the warranty ran out.
2006 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab I bought new. This thing has been money. Had to replace some front end parts but mechanically I’ts been a great truck.

2006 Dodge 3500 Mega Cab I bought new. This thing has been money. Had to replace some front end parts but mechanically I’ts been a great truck.
That is not a "new Truck" 2006 is pre diesel emissions bullshit.........2007 was the first years of epa regs that required DPF filter and UREA injection system, egr, etc. So you have a "proper" diesel.

I suppose I should have denoted that "pre diesel emissions bullshit" diesel trucks for those who dont know why new diesel trucks suck ass in the long run

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I have a fleet of flatbeds for steel. 2 are 1998 gmc army surplusn650 or 750 20ft bed gas. Those w a 25ft bed woukd still run 20% min cheaper than diesel. Until obama diesel was better bc mikage price and engine life. No longer the case. I can getx400-500k outta a gas truck now. Easier to work on in housentoo

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
I have a fleet of flatbeds for steel. 2 are 1998 gmc army surplusn650 or 750 20ft bed gas. Those w a 25ft bed woukd still run 20% min cheaper than diesel. Until obama diesel was better bc mikage price and engine life. No longer the case. I can getx400-500k outta a gas truck now. Easier to work on in housentoo
Oh, it's intentional. They want to ruin diesel because that's where are food comes from. Gas is for most voters. they want to piss them off less than the people that actually work and produce shit.

I am a Gm guy............if memory serves me right, those trucks had a 366, which became the 6.0 vortec. Probably the best gas engine ever made.....

that is what I am saying.....these new diesels are ridiculous cost uop front, upkeep, fuel, etc.............

you know, if they really wanted to "go green" they would mandate that vehicle had to be made in such a way that they had to last for 15 years and warranty as such........but they wont, becasue they dont.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I am a Gm guy............if memory serves me right, those trucks had a 366, which became the 6.0 vortec. Probably the best gas engine ever made.....

that is what I am saying.....these new diesels are ridiculous cost uop front, upkeep, fuel, etc.............

you know, if they really wanted to "go green" they would mandate that vehicle had to be made in such a way that they had to last for 15 years and warranty as such........but they wont, becasue they dont.
The only positive for diesel I know now is slower burning/less volatile. But I'm no fuel expert

The only positive for diesel I know now is slower burning/less volatile. But I'm no fuel expert
It is safer to work with, has more lubricity.....which i think is the real reason why diesels last so long.........more power potential, less heat, etc.......but i still dont like the new ones...

Latest posts

Top Bottom