Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRAINS!

Goldhedge

Legendary
The steamers are the best...

Railfan Harassment!​

I was minding my own business chasing trains on the UPRR Cuero Subdivision with my boy on May 17, 2020. We stopped at the crossing on Old Cuero Road near Yoakum, Texas to get a south bound coal train passing the defect detector at MP 68.8, as I have done many times before in the past.

After standing out in the heat with my boy for about 30 minutes or so, I decided to park in a nice shady spot on the side of the road. While setting up my camera in the bed of my truck, to shoot over top of any vehicles that might obstruct a ground level shot, I was approached by the residents of the house that I had parked nearest.

As my camera will show at the end of the video, I wasn't on thier property, and I never filmed thier residence or their persons, except the wife (who looked more like a wet dog than a lady) who was at the time standing on public property and had no reasonable expectation of privacy.

This is EVERY second of footage I filmed at this location on this date, and other than the addition of the intro and subtitles, it has NOT been altered in any other way. No footage was left out, except for the last 20-30 seconds of the encounter (which wasn't filmed), when thier big ass dog walked away from my truck and I saw an opening to break down my camera and try for a different location with less stupid ass motherfuckers present. Was I in the wrong? The local sheriff's office doesn't think so, and neither do I.

The steamers are the best...

Railfan Harassment!​

I was minding my own business chasing trains on the UPRR Cuero Subdivision with my boy on May 17, 2020. We stopped at the crossing on Old Cuero Road near Yoakum, Texas to get a south bound coal train passing the defect detector at MP 68.8, as I have done many times before in the past.

After standing out in the heat with my boy for about 30 minutes or so, I decided to park in a nice shady spot on the side of the road. While setting up my camera in the bed of my truck, to shoot over top of any vehicles that might obstruct a ground level shot, I was approached by the residents of the house that I had parked nearest.

As my camera will show at the end of the video, I wasn't on thier property, and I never filmed thier residence or their persons, except the wife (who looked more like a wet dog than a lady) who was at the time standing on public property and had no reasonable expectation of privacy.

This is EVERY second of footage I filmed at this location on this date, and other than the addition of the intro and subtitles, it has NOT been altered in any other way. No footage was left out, except for the last 20-30 seconds of the encounter (which wasn't filmed), when thier big ass dog walked away from my truck and I saw an opening to break down my camera and try for a different location with less stupid ass motherfuckers present. Was I in the wrong? The local sheriff's office doesn't think so, and neither do I.

1680378784378.gif

Goldhedge

Legendary
I grew up a block from the Chicago and Northwestern RR.

CNWPCTD.jpg

Trains get in your blood. I can hear them coming from 40 miles away. That low diesel generator rumble travels long distances at night.

Goldhedge

Legendary

One modern Sheffield factory - building two brand new steam engines. A short film by Tom Ingall​

It's 2023 and perhaps one of the last things you'd expect to find in a modern factory which produces bespoke components for the renewable energy industry is TWO brand new steam engines.

That's exactly what's happening at CTL Seal in Sheffield. A British Railways Standard Class 6 and London and North Eastern Railway B17 are both being built from scratch. As the groups say, the facilities are fantastic and the chance to work together means learning from each other. Could more new build steam be on the way to Sheffield? Hear from the MD of the factory and the groups themselves in this five minute film, produced at a recent open day event, held in April 2023.

More information about the BR Standard 6, "Clan Class" project
https://www.72010-hengist.co.uk/

More information about the B17 project
https://www.b17steamloco.co.uk/

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
When my brother owned his place in Tennessee he built a narrow gauge rail line to move hay from one pasture to where his cattle were in another pasture. He used a tractor to pull the flat cars of hay.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder

Latest posts

Top Bottom