Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

This is how it starts.....

mrt

Elite
Category 4-5 hurricane currently.
I hope it makes a huge eastern track. It was said today this one will inflict a minimum 3 days to a weeks or longer without power. Same as the last one 13 years ago at the same time of year. Power was off here for 7 days and it is terrible to live like that when you still have such hot temperatures during the day. Also I am missing two dogs to keep me company and my small generator to make coffee when I get up, I could watch TV and run a fan with my small honda generator but I still had to conserve fuel. People were lining up a 16th of a mile to buy gas and they were filling uncovered garbage cans with raw gasoline, totally illegal but yet the station was allowing it. Not bad since it was 13 years ago, then of course they had the bad one that went thru Houston right after the one we had. I drove to Oppelusas the evening that one made landfall so I could buy speakers for my computer system at walmart. There was absolutely no one on the highway the rain was so hard and the wind was high. I came across a four mile bridge almost home and it rained so hard I was driving 10 miles an hour, you couldn't see anything , but like I said I was the only stupid one out in that kind of weather.

IrishStout

Poster
I hope it makes a huge eastern track. It was said today this one will inflict a minimum 3 days to a weeks or longer without power. Same as the last one 13 years ago at the same time of year. Power was off here for 7 days and it is terrible to live like that when you still have such hot temperatures during the day. Also I am missing two dogs to keep me company and my small generator to make coffee when I get up, I could watch TV and run a fan with my small honda generator but I still had to conserve fuel. People were lining up a 16th of a mile to buy gas and they were filling uncovered garbage cans with raw gasoline, totally illegal but yet the station was allowing it. Not bad since it was 13 years ago, then of course they had the bad one that went thru Houston right after the one we had. I drove to Oppelusas the evening that one made landfall so I could buy speakers for my computer system at walmart. There was absolutely no one on the highway the rain was so hard and the wind was high. I came across a four mile bridge almost home and it rained so hard I was driving 10 miles an hour, you couldn't see anything , but like I said I was the only stupid one out in that kind of weather.
Yeah, it gets crazy when these things roll in. Where you at baw? Northshore here.

mrt

Elite
Yeah, it gets crazy when these things roll in. Where you at baw? Northshore here.
I'm well west nrlns like 100 miles. It still looks like it could come in thru my area or NO. At this time they have Baton Rouge as the target which only gives me 35 to 40 miles buffer. Last night I saw a local station that charted the wind speeds for this area and it didn't look so bad at 47 mph gust, we have that during some of these rain storms off the Gulf. I learned to never believe the weather report until it has passed the area. I have been thru 3 major storms in this area over the past 30 years and Katrina I was living in Houston so I missed that one. I was a young fella when Carla destroyed Galveston but water was still 3 feet in Houston at some areas and that was long before all the concrete was laid which is now the problem for Houston, no where for the water to drain.

Stay safe and I hope you miss any of the misery about to be passed around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom