Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The US Constitution comes from Greek philosophy, not the Bible.

Zolton

Poster
You have guns because you might NOT turn the other cheek or love your enemy. Is there something about checks and balances or democracy in the Bible that I missed? Decentralizing the power structure? Are people brainwashed on all sides?

MechaJutaro

Poster
You have guns because you might NOT turn the other cheek or love your enemy. Is there something about checks and balances or democracy in the Bible that I missed? Decentralizing the power structure? Are people brainwashed on all sides?

The Constitution's authors drew on a wide variety of sources when drafting said document, Greek AND Abrahamic philosophy included

You have guns because you might NOT turn the other cheek or love your enemy.
Does this question come from a context of Christianity? Is this notion: "if you are Christians than you should not own guns because they give you the capacity to kill others?..... With the assumption that having guns and loving your enemy are not synonymous?
Is there something about checks and balances or democracy in the Bible that I missed?
Not sure, what is you opinion?
Are people brainwashed on all sides?
yes

No I wouldn't.
What I mean by that is: you would gather more allies in your opinion.....as you never know what some think.

edit:
@Zolton

Calling for reinforcements? Half you guys have US military backgrounds, police a free speech forum (probably others), and suppress the fundamental history of the US?
The ideology of "America the Great" has brainwashed many into thinking that the way of America by default is the way of righteousness.

I used to think the same thing.

Most combine their faith and their allegiance to the flag.....this is wrong and dangerous.

By late 2002, I wondered greatly why we were still in AFG, I understood why by January of 2003, when I was in Irag pre invasion.

I am proud to be American, as are many of the people you spoke of earlier, but not because of the insidious nature of the foundation of this country.

There will be a time when some will be forced to choose between GOD and country, and unfortunately, I think that many will choose the wrong path, not because they are bad, but because they are misinformed.

Zolton

Poster
Have you read the Constitution? If so, you should read it again, because you missed a lot.
I had it memorized. It's a breakdown of the roles of the different branches of government. It's not a philosophy. It comes out of Enlightenment philosophy, particularly out of France, where many founding fathers where educated during the Enlightenment, which was a reawakening of classical Greek philosophy and a rejection of religious dogma.

Zolton

Poster
Does this question come from a context of Christianity? Is this notion: "if you are Christians than you should not own guns because they give you the capacity to kill others?..... With the assumption that having guns and loving your enemy are not synonymous?

Not sure, what is you opinion?

yes
Jesus says don't defend yourself and God will protect and/or save you if you worship and obey commands. Not American.

Liquid Reigns

Poster
Doesn't Jesus sound a lot like Hercules? Both born to mothers impregnated by God/Zues. Or how about Homers Odyssey in Mark?

Today's Bible isn't Jewish. The Old Testament is rooted in Jewish culture and ancient Hebrew beliefs, but the new Bible is a mix of many cultures. Why do we rely on the Greeks translations of the Old Scripts dating from the earliest stories they had up to 230 BCE and why does their mythology correlate with much of the New Testament? Why are there 2 different creation accounts in Genesis (Sumerian and Hebrew). The new Testament was written after 50CE. There is 280 years of nothing. No eyewitness accounts of Jesus, etc.

Last edited:

Mungri

Elite
@Mungri come fat up this thread.

Lord fucking hell, just how many schizos are there littering this forum?

OP literally might be both a schizo and a narc, honestly, he probably beats @TheFiend s mom for straight up bat shit moronic. Straight up convinced that the bullshit tripe his rotted brain conjures up is reality and correct.

Just another reason why the human race needs ending.

Zolton

Poster
Doesn't Jesus sound a lot like Hercules? Both born to mothers impregnated by God/Zues. Or how about Homers Odyssey in Mark?

Today's Bible isn't Jewish. The Old Testament is rooted in Jewish culture and ancient Hebrew beliefs, but the new Bible is a mix of many cultures. Why do we rely on the Greeks translations of the Old Scripts dating from the earliest stories they had up to 230 BCE. Why are there 2 different creation accounts in Genesis (Sumerian and Hebrew). The new Testament was written after 50CE. There is 280 years of nothing. No eyewitness accounts of Jesus, etc.
But it has nothing to do with the US Constitution, whereas Plato, Aristotle, etc. have everything to do with it. The founding fathers expressly kept religion out of it. Everyone knows this and are not being honest, which is treasonous at this time. Communist and Christian suppression and distortion of the truth are both treasonous.

Mungri

Elite
You want to back that up?
Yea, the fact that you are even on this forum registers you as criminally insane, at the least deserving of locking you away in an asylum, in a straightjacket, and pumped full of tranquilizers to shut you up.

Zolton

Poster
Yea, the fact that you are even on this forum registers you as criminally insane, at the least deserving of locking you away in an asylum, in a straightjacket, and pumped full of tranquilizers to shut you up.
It's a free speech forum. Do you have a US military background too? I bet you do. You know what you guys have in common with Biden? You're all just about to die!

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
It's a free speech forum. Do you have a US military background too? I bet you do. You know what you guys have in common with Biden? You're all just about to die!
He's a fat from the UK. or so he says.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
The words of the Lord Jesus Christ:

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away."

The Constitution is a wordly document that will pass away. The Word of God will not.

Zolton

Poster
The words of the Lord Jesus Christ:

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away."

The Constitution is a wordly document that will pass away. The Word of God will not.
So, we all die and his words live on? No they won't. How? See, THAT'S crazy! This guy wants some dark age feudalism that erases the US from history.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I bet instead of turning cheeks you spread yours

Top Bottom