Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The ESPN layoffs are underway

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Disney is bleeding money. I've said this in other threads on other subjects but Disney is cutting tons. National Geographic fired all its writers and are going to become basically a travel magazine. The parks laid off 7000 people earlier this year and are planning to layoff another 2000 to 5000.

Disney takes everything that men enjoys and turns it into a feminine shit fest.

Mr.Fitzwell

Legendary
Disney is bleeding money. I've said this in other threads on other subjects but Disney is cutting tons. National Geographic fired all its writers and are going to become basically a travel magazine. The parks laid off 7000 people earlier this year and are planning to layoff another 2000 to 5000.

Disney takes everything that men enjoys and turns it into a feminine shit fest.
b7b755f1a6e72c44149bc83e338aa58c51441d8239a6ca5c31a4cf0cbc2e4ca4_1.jpg.jpg

STMF2X

Elite
Founder
disney-no-one-cares.gif

OTD Sports

Elite

Can someone explain why this makes any sense for the Leagues to partner with failing ESPN? ESPN is just the middle man with programming such as Monday Night Football and Sunday Night Baseball.

The Leagues can cut out the middle man and broadcast on their own networks. They can keep the profit for themselves and it’s sustainable since they aren’t price gouging the cabling industry to pay for their product like ESPN has done traditionally.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder

Can someone explain why this makes any sense for the Leagues to partner with failing ESPN? ESPN is just the middle man with programming such as Monday Night Football and Sunday Night Baseball.

The Leagues can cut out the middle man and broadcast on their own networks. They can keep the profit for themselves and it’s sustainable since they aren’t price gouging the cabling industry to pay for their product like ESPN has done traditionally.
I would guess it would cut cost on games. Only thing I can think of other than getting free on screen talent by following players or having them do analysis instead of just post game interviews.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Word on the street is that Disney is looking to bring back to former executives to package stuff for sale and that espn is not untouchable now. So the house of mouse might actually sell espn..... Damn I hope that is true.
I've heard they are spinning if off so (making it a separate entity......you could be correct on selling ESPN.

OTD Sports

Elite

Latest posts

Top Bottom