Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TFSF Mork Forrell Invitational Fantasy College Football Shit talking Thread

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Edit: Adding link to league in Op

——————

I was recently recruited to play in a Fantasy College Football League this Fall. I haven't played fantasy football in over a decade so it should be interesting. I began to research players a little last night and realized I am probably at an all time low as far as general college football knowledge is concerned. I read Texas practice reports and don't even know half of the players. That said, I need some help if anyone is willing to oblige.

This league is fairly standard in the sense that TDs are awarded 6 points, every 10 rush yards gets 2 I think and every 10 receiving and passing yards gets 1. Defensively, you can score by holding your opponent to a low score, defensive TDs, safeties, interceptions and fumble recoveries. This league is unique by requiring players and defenses used must be ranked in the Top 80 of the weekly Sagarin rankings.

I'm looking for hidden gem players from your teams that would be high value to a fantasy team in this type of scoring structure. Also interested in who you think will be the leading rusher and receiver for your respective squads. If there are players who are injury prone, please share that information, too. Really, any information about your programs that you think might be helpful in a fantasy league would be much appreciated. Projected newcomer of the year, etc.

Please help out if you have a minute.

16442592-7_original.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
No need to know a thing about Fantasy Football. Just share information about your program. Best RB, WR, QB, etc. Will your offense score a lot of points? Will your defense be dominant? Who is a potential breakout player? That type of stuff.
Believe the cocks will go to the TE alot this year. Hope this helps.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
I'm sure everyone is preparing their rough drafts on their respective programs which is why there has been little response so far. I understand. Draft is on 8/30, so we still have a little time left. Thanks fam.

HnstTune

Elite
Founder
I’m sure you’re dying to here about Mizzou but here goes:

QB Connor Bazelak returns after earning SEC freshman of the year honors last season. He’s a solid QB that should put up decent numbers but will likely finish middle of the pack in the league.

RB Tyler Badie will get the lions share of carries out of the Mizzou backfield but this will be his first season as the feature back. He’s a good receiver too so he could get a fair amount of 3rd down looks as well. Everyone behind him is largely unproven at this point so Badie will probably get a lot of action until a solid 2nd option emerges.

WR is a bit of a question mark. Kiki Chism is really the only productive WR back from last years team but he hardly set the world on fire last season. Mookie Cooper could be a sleeper here. Former Rivals 100 recruit went to Ohio St for his freshman year before transferring to Mizzou for his sophomore campaign. He should get plenty of opportunities to prove his high ranking.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
I’m sure you’re dying to here about Mizzou but here goes:

QB Connor Bazelak returns after earning SEC freshman of the year honors last season. He’s a solid QB that should put up decent numbers but will likely finish middle of the pack in the league.

RB Tyler Badie will get the lions share of carries out of the Mizzou backfield but this will be his first season as the feature back. He’s a good receiver too so he could get a fair amount of 3rd down looks as well. Everyone behind him is largely unproven at this point so Badie will probably get a lot of action until a solid 2nd option emerges.

WR is a bit of a question mark. Kiki Chism is really the only productive WR back from last years team but he hardly set the world on fire last season. Mookie Cooper could be a sleeper here. Former Rivals 100 recruit went to Ohio St for his freshman year before transferring to Mizzou for his sophomore campaign. He should get plenty of opportunities to prove his high ranking.

That's perfect. Thanks.

I remember Mookie Cooper. Pretty sure he was committed to us at one point before heading to Ohio St.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
She was my fantasy in college. I got close
No need to know a thing about Fantasy Football. Just share information about your program. Best RB, WR, QB, etc. Will your offense score a lot of points? Will your defense be dominant? Who is a potential breakout player? That type of stuff.
Marshawn lloyd as an unknown who could go 1150 in 8 or 9 games. Not a lock but kid was a star a yr ago and blew a ligament. Hearing he is good but you'd expect that
I was recently recruited to play in a Fantasy College Football League this Fall. I haven't played fantasy football in over a decade so it should be interesting. I began to research players a little last night and realized I am probably at an all time low as far as general college football knowledge is concerned. I read Texas practice reports and don't even know half of the players. That said, I need some help if anyone is willing to oblige.

This league is fairly standard in the sense that TDs are awarded 6 points, every 10 rush yards gets 2 I think and every 10 receiving and passing yards gets 1. Defensively, you can score by holding your opponent to a low score, defensive TDs, safeties, interceptions and fumble recoveries. This league is unique by requiring players and defenses used must be ranked in the Top 80 of the weekly Sagarin rankings.

I'm looking for hidden gem players from your teams that would be high value to a fantasy team in this type of scoring structure. Also interested in who you think will be the leading rusher and receiver for your respective squads. If there are players who are injury prone, please share that information, too. Really, any information about your programs that you think might be helpful in a fantasy league would be much appreciated. Projected newcomer of the year, etc.

16442592-7_original.jpg

Jtrain80

Legendary
OU has a bad ass QB. Name is Spencer Rattler. You definitely want him.

WR- so many that they wouldn't be a good choice. Ball will be spread around.

RB- committe again

Defense- be the best at OU since the early 2000's. Really excited about that side of the ball.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

RB- committe again

Defense- be the best at OU since the early 2000's. Really excited about that side of the ball.
I've heard some rattler talk over here. But we stole Shane Beamer. Yall done knucklefucker. I wonder if we chant SEC OR SHANE BEAMER when we fo 7-5 or 7-6

ttyh

Legendary
Founder

RB- committe again

Good info on the WR and RB rooms in Norman. Y'all are loaded. Hope we can keep up in Dallas.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Draft is less than a week away. I know TFSF has an abundance of knowledge not yet shared in this thread. Share it.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Have you not started a TFSF league yet?

Man, I don't have enough time to research teams/players for a draft. Don't think I can take on commissioner responsibilities for a TFSF league. I would probably participate if there was one, though.

Who is your team? Who should I know about?

catreaper

Master Baiter
Man, I don't have enough time to research teams/players for a draft. Don't think I can take on commissioner responsibilities for a TFSF league. I would probably participate if there was one, though.

Who is your team? Who should I know about?
I would do it but I’m a commish in two nfl leagues. Can’t do another one. Maybe @Croot_Overlord could take it on? I don’t pay much attention to college foozeball but think a league would be fun.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Bump. I'm old enough to remember when this crew loved college football. Damn you, China.

Little help, please.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder

16442592-7_original.jpg
I would avoid 1980 as we have the best injury list in all of football….

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Bump. I'm old enough to remember when this crew loved college football. Damn you, China.

Little help, please.
Master Teague from OSU will get you a lot of early season points since OSU is breaking in a new QB. They’ll use him to punch it in a ton especially since that’s his bread and butter.

Olave will catch a ton of TD passes and get tons of targets. Wilson will also get tons of targets. Best WR combo in CFB. Olave is a 1st round lock and Wilson is definitely more talented than him.

The OSU QB, C.J. Stroud, could be a solid sleeper pick if you’re not settled on someone yet. Ryan Day (phaggot) is a hell of a QB coach and loves to throw the ball.

ttyh

Legendary
Founder
Master Teague from OSU will get you a lot of early season points since OSU is breaking in a new QB. They’ll use him to punch it in a ton especially since that’s his bread and butter.

Olave will catch a ton of TD passes and get tons of targets. Wilson will also get tons of targets. Best WR combo in CFB. Olave is a 1st round lock and Wilson is definitely more talented than him.

The OSU QB, C.J. Stroud, could be a solid sleeper pick if you’re not settled on someone yet. Ryan Day (phaggot) is a hell of a QB coach and loves to throw the ball.

I have Olave on my potential first round picks list. Still hate you guys for recruiting Wilson out of our background. Hoping he might last a few rounds.

Thanks for the heads up on Teague. That's the kind of detail I am seeking ITT from all other programs. Of course it came from @America 1st

Viking

Legendary
Founder
I’m in but not prepared for a draft. I figured it would be like a pick’em. Oh well, I like the WR from Army a lot. SKOL!

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I have Olave on my potential first round picks list. Still hate you guys for recruiting Wilson out of our background. Hoping he might last a few rounds.

Thanks for the heads up on Teague. That's the kind of detail I am seeking ITT from all other programs. Of course it came from @America 1st
I can’t join yore league, cuz you know how I feel about these BLM phaggots and propaganda centers, but I’d never leave you hanging brother.

I still feel dirty having owned crypto after Overlord baited me into with my love of TFSF.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’m in but not prepared for a draft. I figured it would be like a pick’em. Oh well, I like the WR from Army a lot. SKOL!
In my experience with CFF if you just draft the right player you can win it all. The first season I ever played I drafted this moderately hyped (going in to the season at least) auburn transfer that was best known for stealing laptops and I destroyed everyone

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
In my experience with CFF if you just draft the right player you can win it all. The first season I ever played I drafted this moderately hyped (going in to the season at least) auburn transfer that was best known for stealing laptops and I destroyed everyone
1629984475174.png

So let me get this straight. If we can identify the 5 star future Heisman trophy winner....we should win. Interesting take, care to expound any more of this wisdom Irvin Myers (also reminded me of this)

1629985047147.png

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I’m in faggits……so how we doing this? Obvious Lee last place will be Manning the Glory Hole…..what else we doing here?
Once the league is full (hopefully tomorrow, I will kick off a slow draft where everyone has one hour to pick, and then pause it at night. We need to be drafted before next Saturday

Top Bottom