Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TFSF baseball friends, would you have been pulled from a game or hit in the head if you did this? (Yanks/Mets)

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
My dad would’ve yanked me in little league ball and think my AAU coach would’ve tried to run over me. Shit like this isn’t allowed. Especially as an MLB catcher.

How do you let this runner be safe at home with the ball in the glove?

35155C51-CDE9-41E6-8C03-291553BA16A4.jpeg

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
My dad would’ve yanked me in little league ball and think my AAU coach would’ve tried to run over me. Shit like this isn’t allowed. Especially as an MLB catcher.

How do you let this runner be safe at home with the ball in the glove?

View attachment 46677

Goes back to the no collision thing at the plate. When I was young we were taught to block the plate with your body, but that was 30 years ago.

with today’s rules it’s not as cut and dry. Not sure the right answer, but he had the ball early enough to make the tag.

denn

Legendary
Founder
No collision rule or not, Sanchez could have taken a nap waiting for Villar to get to the plate. No excuse for missing that tag.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
No collision rule or not, Sanchez could have taken a nap waiting for Villar to get to the plate. No excuse for missing that tag.
100% agree with you it was a pussy tag.

just playing devils advocate or whatnot.

The rule change was a good thing IMO, don’t need all those high paid guys getting hurt on plays at the plate.

denn

Legendary
Founder
100% agree with you it was a pussy tag.

just playing devils advocate or whatnot.

The rule change was a good thing IMO, don’t need all those high paid guys getting hurt on plays at the plate.
As a Mets fan, I was laughing.

I am okay either way on the rule of collisions at the plate. I like to see it when it happens but I also think it is wise to protect the catcher better. He is an easy mark on those plays.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
coward_breaking_bad.gif

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Sanchez has always struggled defensively. They keep him around for his bat.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Sanchez has always struggled defensively. They keep him around for his bat.
True but even that is hit or miss. He will hit some taters however he is a career .230 hitter who strikes out a ton and he is prone to injury.

Top Bottom