Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Super Bowl Eats......Whatcha Got?

Boxman4

Elite
Founder
In full transparency, this topic was stolen from the other board, but I know there are some legit foodies here and I love talking about food/cooking.
So, what's on your Super Bowl Menu?
Over here, it's a two day deal. Today, I am making a load of pulled pork with Hawaiian Rolls and taking it up to my son at college on Saturday so him and his boys will have some grub for the game.
Back home, making a pot of chili and some cast iron corn bread. Pretty simple, but always a crowd pleaser.

Enjoy your weekend patriots! SKOL!

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
I’m keeping it simple. My wife is going to a Galentines thing with her friends so it will just be me and the kids. I’m making queso, sausage balls and wings. And obviously copious amounts of beer and whiskey (for me, not the kids 🤣 )

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I’m keeping it simple. My wife is going to a Galentines thing with her friends so it will just be me and the kids. I’m making queso, sausage balls and wings. And obviously copious amounts of beer and whiskey (for me, not the kids 🤣 )

Im 43 years old and thats the first time i have heard Galentines. At first i thought you misspelled it. Going to suggest this to my wife and her friends, great idea!

Shaun52

SCAR Cawk Connoisseur
Founder
You have a good chicken bog recipe you want to share with us?
Chicken Bog

Ingredients: chicken breast, cream of mushroom soup (number of cans depends on size of the bog)

cream of celery, beef broth, beef buillion cubes, dry white rice, salt, pepper, and nature's seasoning or any other all season that you prefer.

Note- I never measure so whatever water to rice ratio is up to you. I traditionally do a huge pot with about 3 lbs. of rice.

1) Boil chicken until it's done. Remove chicken from water and debone as it cooks. Some people say boneless chicken but I use white and dark on the bone.

2) While the chicken is cooling add cream of mushroom, cream of celery and any other cream soups you prefer EXCEPT CREAM OF CHICKEN! Also add beef broth, yes beef broth. (I do 2-3 cans) along with a few beef bullion cubes.

Add salt, pepper, garlic salt and natures seasoning (can be found at most grocery stores) until the soup is so delicious that you just want to drink it straight.. (serioulsy, you will know when the broth is right). This is done to taste, but should be a little salty for the rice. If it taste right to you then you shouldn't have to add any salt for the rice.

3) Cut up roger wood lumberjack smoked sausage (the more the better) and add to the pot along with the deboned chicken.

4) Bring the water back to a boil and add your rice (dry rice). Cook the rice with the lid off, stirring occasionally for 10 MINUTES. After 10 minutes remove it from the heat, put on a lid and don't look at it for 20 minutes. This is the absolute only way to get your rice perfect. Never a fear of burning or sticking. After 20 minutes, get a fresh beer and a loaf of bread and eat until you explode.

The beef broth, soups and spices all depend on the amount your cooking. If you are doing a small one then one can of each should suffice.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Usually a dip man. This bacon cheddar dip the wife makes and then some rotel dip. Maybe some homemade jalapeño poppers

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Gonna do some BBQ nachos in the day. Will smoke some wings and do some fries or something for the game. Have some smoked pork and brisket in the freezer I will reheat and use for nachos. Think I might do chocolate fondue for kids for dessert. might do that tomorrow.

Nape

Elite
Founder
Just me and the oldest are here for the game. Wife and daughter are in FL.

Doing wings with DLJ buffalo sauce on the side. If it’s not too cold I’ll grill em. If it’s too chilly I’ll steam them in the stock pot for an hour to get most of the fat to melt and then blast em in a 525 convection oven to crisp em up. Gummies and wings and a Who Dey win. Righteous.
F3F67113-7DFC-485D-A338-FA3F62C6A35C.jpeg
FB93FCB1-7CCB-466F-873B-D7F00EDFF703.jpeg

Oler Ted

Elite

Doing wings with DLJ buffalo sauce on the side. If it’s not too cold I’ll grill em. If it’s too chilly I’ll steam them in the stock pot for an hour to get most of the fat to melt and then blast em in a 525 convection oven to crisp em up. Gummies and wings and a Who Dey win. Righteous.
View attachment 78202
View attachment 78203
Gonna try and get wings as long as the takeout place isn’t slammed

Nape

Elite
Founder

View attachment 78202
View attachment 78203
I am prolly gonna make some meatballs to nosh on as well. Prolly lamb and veal, unless I can find some ground elk.

Top Bottom