Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stealing is the New Progressive Thing to Do.

You heard that right, folks. If you want to really show off how progressive you are, you need to pick a large corporation owned by a rich white man and shoplift as much as possible. That's progress! Make a statement! (and get free stuff)

Just read here to find out more.

Or find out what catsb4broes has to say on the topic.

All snark aside, I have heard multiple of my liberal friends talk about how it is okay to steal from major corporations, and one even did her best to encourage me to do the same. There seems to be a sense of... not quite morality to their mindset, but rather moral acceptance because they believe these big corporations are corrupt and must be punished. Never mind the fact that stealing from them will in no way damage the owners, but if anything will drive up the price of products they sell to compensate for the loss.

It's very silly to me. What are your thoughts?

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
New? It’s not new. They just decided tax dollars were no longer doing it so hey, steal the shit yourself via shoplifting and we won’t prosecute.

It’s part of the universal basic income strategy

Rube Reaper

Elite
I shoplift anytime I’m in a store owned by a white person or a large corporation.

It feels good to screw white people even if it’s not nearly as hard as they screw people of colour like myself.

Scratchmyvolsroughly

Elite
Founder
You heard that right, folks. If you want to really show off how progressive you are, you need to pick a large corporation owned by a rich white man and shoplift as much as possible. That's progress! Make a statement! (and get free stuff)

Just read here to find out more.

Or find out what catsb4broes has to say on the topic.

All snark aside, I have heard multiple of my liberal friends talk about how it is okay to steal from major corporations, and one even did her best to encourage me to do the same. There seems to be a sense of... not quite morality to their mindset, but rather moral acceptance because they believe these big corporations are corrupt and must be punished. Never mind the fact that stealing from them will in no way damage the owners, but if anything will drive up the price of products they sell to compensate for the loss.

It's very silly to me. What are your thoughts?

That reddit is 8 year old, so not sure NEW is the term that should be used

That reddit is 8 year old, so not sure NEW is the term that should be used
Fair point, fair point. I only recently started hearing about it, so I assumed the widespread nature of it was a fairly recent occurrence, even if the post I referenced is 8 years old. Granted, that's purely an assumption on my part.

Top Bottom